Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Michael Cohl on Q107 bootleg broadcast
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 13, 2005 18:15

Cut from an article:

Michael Cohl, the Toronto-based tour promoter and manager of the Rolling Stones, told the Sun last night his office was unaware what Q107 was doing.

"There are no authorized recordings of that show, period," he said.

Cohl said he wasn't angry the station broke the law by airing the bootleg. "Was it good quality? That's what I want to know, because it was a great show," he said. If, however, Q listeners felt they were misled to believe they were hearing a sanctioned simulcast of Wednesday's Phoenix gig, Cohl said he'd "be very upset."

Finnaly it's getting to him. THE GUY TOLD US "WE'RE GOING LIVE AT THE PHOENIX WITH THE STONES". SO BE "very upset"!

By the way, what a disappointing reaction. Can I now start a radio station with "good quality" boots and make money with the ads?

Re: Michael Cohl on Q107 bootleg broadcast
Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 13, 2005 18:24

You should also have added the sentence that he will the lawyer when they will broadcast the next bootleg.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 13, 2005 19:50

then cohl should do something about this, it cant be allowed to happen
with just a slap on the wrist, that station just plain lied to us

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 13, 2005 23:41

I heard the radio station saying sorry to all the fans this morning. They did not mean to mislead the fans. At least they admitted it was a bootleg they used and they said sorry.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 13, 2005 23:45

worked out pretty well for Q107 - millions around the planet know what the rock station is TO is now....like they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 13, 2005 23:53

Yes, to try to appologise now is pathetic, Stones should sue them. If they don't they are weak, the station misslead thousands of listeners on purpose no question about that.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 14, 2005 01:40

well this does sound like bad publicity. i'm never listening to the @#$%& station in my whole life.

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: August 14, 2005 06:59

yea @#$%& them, and the facetious @#$%& of a DJ who kept making reference to this being their "250 millionth tour" or comment to that effect, continually. those pricks knew exactly what they were doing - a piece of shit of a radio station - sue em' boys!!

I'm a necessary talent behind ev'ry rock and roll band
I'm sharp...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 14, 2005 08:36

Why would Cohl not as expected pursue station playing a boot & lying about it ahead of time (or at least clearly deceptive) Unless station or owner needed for album support ???

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 14, 2005 08:50

because Cohl pretends not to understand for whatever reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home