Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rehearsals
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 7, 2005 10:07

I heard from a true source about the practice sessions. I had been under the impression (as others have) that while I am stoked about the new tour, I have been a bit apprehensive about the "same old" titles of songs that are being reported on the songlist. As tears go By being the single standout so far.
Anyway I heard that there are MANY more tracks being reherased. Many new ones. many covers, many "obscure" Stoners.
This is good news to me.

Re: Rehearsals
Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 7, 2005 16:27

I wish we could hear more music outside,
at best it's been the muffled din of bass
and drums, maybe an undiscernable vocal
or two -that's all I can make out.

Apparantly, insiders say, the boys have narrowed
it down to a list of fifty rehearsal songs,
and that's now fixed.

When Bobby Keyes came over to see us the other
night a gentlemen with him told us they've
been practising a killer Moonlight Mile
that's going to rock our socks off,
but I think I've already mentioned
that elsewhere here. Also Hot
Stuff keeps coming up in
conversation. But really
I dunno. Hope this helps
in some small part..........

Date: August 7, 2005 16:55

As of like 5 or 6 days ago Chuck Leavell estimated that 50 or 60 songs had been rehearsed.Up to that point we only knew about 35 songs so,this means they've rehearsed at least 15-25 songs that we don't know about.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 7, 2005 18:32

If you follow the daily updates on the IORR Toronto Rehearsals pages then you will see that there are plenty of new stuff being rehearsed every day now:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:38

Thanks bv - some of the faves I emailed in are at least getting rehearsed, & the tracks you list sound most promising

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 7, 2005 20:47

Yes, thanks!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 7, 2005 21:57

IF they play Moonlight Mile it would just be like "winter" or any other of those rock and roll bluesy drug songs I would like to hear. I just cannot imagine hearing it life, but they did can't you hear me knocking so they will prove to be able to do much more

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 7, 2005 22:05

moonlight mile was incredible live on the no security tour ,,i hope they do it ,,

Posted by: real rock ()
Date: August 7, 2005 22:15

Pictures of the new stage made by someone in Toronto!!!, find it on [www.stonespoint.org]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 7, 2005 22:25

moonlight mile was a "nice try" but it didn't work on the NS, IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing them taking another stab at it, I guess, but I think this is really one of the studio masterpieces that doesn't translate well live...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 7, 2005 22:33

Well, depending on the drawings/photos, it looks like either a hardware store (will they keep the ice machine out front?) or a half-built shopping mall. I can't make much of it, except it seems enormous - but imagining scale is difficult. Found the "Jagger drug claims" bit pretty screwy - I mean the cops' rationalizations after their "investigation" into MJ's claim - hell, if you're in a drug legal battle, wouldn't "those in the drug world, the dregs of society" quite possibly be witnesses?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home