Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stone who's stony broke
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 17, 2009 00:55

gripweed
retired_dog
Yes, ok, alright, but where is Lightnin', this board's member supposedly "in the know" about so many things Taylor to ecplain all this?

I mean, he mentions contract details and other facts that, if true, only people very close to Taylor could know. How does he explain the public statement of Taylor's management? Lightnin's emal adress here is "[email protected]"....

What makes you so sure "Lightnin' is a *He* ?

Not much, actually. Probably his/her email-adress!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 17, 2009 00:59

With respect, Lightnin', management isn't always the most transparent source of information. Here's an example:

"For the record, Wyman resigned the Rolling Stones in January 1991. He fulfilled the recording of just one more song, 'Sex Drive' for the Flashpoint album. Bill's departure was continually denied until December 1992 when the Stones reactivated."

[undercover.com.au]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:00

Lightnin'
Ringo
Oh-kay, so according to Taylor's manager Jeff Allen "there's absolutely no animosity between Mick and the Stones". I hope so, but he doesn't say that they still pay Taylor for those six albums. And if they don't pay him, how can there be no animosity?

Good questions. And at last someone who knows how to read between the lines.
If anyone else is wondering: Taylor's manager spoke to NME without checking if MT wanted the whole article to be squashed or only parts of it.

Now it's me reading between the lines for a change: Bad manager, I would say.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:00

This thing isn't going to go away just because of a story denial. For years, this has been on the minds of fans.
Smokey, where is that question quote from and with whom was it addressed to? What year was that question asked?

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 17, 2009 07:16

72stones
Smokey, where is that question quote from and with whom was it addressed to? What year was that question asked?

Interview with Jagger from a few years ago.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 17, 2009 07:19

Bliss

[undercover.com.au]

Oh great. That bastion of journalism. Undercover Australia.thumbs down

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 17, 2009 09:04

Re Undercover Aus..I know, I know. But he appears to be reporting a verified fact.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home