Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

R.S.V.P. real?
Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:23

I've been stuck in bed this weekend with Bronchitus so I've been listening to a bunch of boots. This afternoon I played RSVP and this is the first boot I've ever heard that seems to be almost entirely fabricated. Only a couple of tracks seem to be legit outtakes. Can anyone give me the lowdown on this?

Re: R.S.V.P. real?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:50

a "fabricated bootleg"? RSVP features different mixes and some alternate takes. The mix on SCB is particular interesting - you hear some vocals from MJ that aren't present on the finished product. It's a keeper, IMO - one of my favorite boots.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 1, 2005 22:55

the vocals are interesting, just seems alot of it is cut n paste from the official release. some of it is indeed outtakes. i wont throw it out yet. maybe i'll return to it further down the road

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:02

the big 1 there is factory girl with the fiddle solo

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 1, 2005 23:41

The tapes actually are original tapes from Jimmy Miller which he gave to friends when living in London producing bands in te early 90's. These tapes ended up at a Sotheby's auction. All the time trip series bootlegs are from these tapes. Some versions on RSVP are abviously different, some aren't at all.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home