Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the simplicity of arrogance
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: July 28, 2005 14:08

I'm just back from Barcelona, where I, on the beach, startet to read Angels And Demons by Dan Brown.

In some of the very first pages of the book they talk about the big bang theory. I leave Barcelona just to return to home to find out that the new Stones Album is called A Bigger Bang. This is strange...but I like it.

I also think that the new Stones title is so much in the spirit of Mick and Keith. Maybe the origin of the planet earth was a big bang....but the Stones is A Bigger Bang!!!

Re: the simplicity of arrogance
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 28, 2005 14:48

In his book "The Da Vinci Code" he mentions Sir Mick Jagger, but not in a entirely positive view...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 28, 2005 15:11

Yes, I circled that reference in my copy of this book! The author is obviously NOT a fan! His lose!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 28, 2005 15:52

What did he wrote about him?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 28, 2005 15:55

As far as I remember he was questioning why he got the title "Sir"...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 28, 2005 16:05

well lets be honest a bigger bang is when the stones were created..well thats how the stones see it...we all know the theory of the big bang..when the planets were formed...but in the stones eyes theres is a bigger bang...the egos have landed... arrogant and full of self importance i wouldnt want the stones any other way

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 28, 2005 16:16

Well, first they (Keith) compared themselves to the sun, earth and the air, now to a Big Bang... They have interesting metaphors (and quite large egos...); but I like the materialistic and natural scientific nature of their metaphors... no references to any Gods or other unnatural ghosts or mysterical powers...

(And this was not very serious remark.)

- Doxa

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 28, 2005 17:40

Oh I do think there is a dollop of irony mixed in with pride. I don't the Stones' egos are as big as some see them - anybody hear of Tom Cruise?....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home