Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Michael Schenker - guitar God
Posted by: kees ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:22

I missed his gigs in the early eighties, but yesterday was lucky to see him in Holland in a small club - 750 people.
Amazing gig. Michael was in great great shape - good band with the original/first singer Gary Burdon and Michael acted very active with the enthousiastic audience.
Lucky I have seen him at least once in my live. Michael Schenker.
Go and see him if you get the chance.

Re: O/T Michael Schenker - guitar God
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:38

i haven't heard that name since the late 80s...i may have seen him at ravinia (in chicago) back then.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:44

I read some years ago two different articles saying that he was one of the guitar players that the Stones tested to replace Mick Taylor and he confirmed that on an interview.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:55

kees
I missed his gigs in the early eighties, but yesterday was lucky to see him in Holland in a small club - 750 people.
Amazing gig. Michael was in great great shape - good band with the original/first singer Gary Burdon and Michael acted very active with the enthousiastic audience.
Lucky I have seen him at least once in my live. Michael Schenker.
Go and see him if you get the chance.

It's Gary Barden for those who care. Listened a lot to his albums from the early 80's but kind of lost interest in his newer stuff. Still give the first albums a spin every now and then, though.
Great guitarplayer, but can't see how he could fit with the Stones, and haven't heard that he audtioned.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 11, 2009 11:04

Yeah saw him with the Scorpions last year in Manchester,he was brilliant!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 11, 2009 13:49

audun-eg
Great guitarplayer, but can't see how he could fit with the Stones, and haven't heard that he audtioned.

He said in the interview that he can't also see how he could fit with the Stones, but remember that he was then on UFO, a band with more r'n'r vibe that his solo career (hard & heavy).
He said he was at Musicland Studios when they were recording Black And Blue.

Of course: not sure about this story, but Michael said that this happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home