Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: 61 Unseen pictures from The Rolling Stones | Oshawa CNIB Benefit | 1979
Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: October 7, 2009 20:58

smiling bouncing smiley any more pictures ? those are soooo great..

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 9, 2009 11:23

No .

"Breathtaking "shots ,right ?hot smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 12, 2010 01:49

Sway,when I found this clip your wonderful thread came to my mind.....

Hope you´ll enjoy.

I´m no Frenchie and sometimes...pick the wrong term.......winking smiley

Date: February 12, 2010 18:25

Ahhh ,many thanks SFF ,that is very kind of you to pick this thread from the deeps of IORR winking smiley

I like 78/79 videos,the Stones were so different then from 76 & 82 .

And....don't feel bad if you sometimes pick the wrong word ....Difficul to always find the good way to say things in a foreign langage ....It has also happened often to me,especially this week ....ask Rockee when I flipped the connection .....I am still ashamed !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: February 12, 2010 18:32

shortfatfanny, never seen these clips. Thank you so much for posting.thumbs up

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 12, 2010 18:40

Fantastic photos thanks for posting. Are there any extant tapes of either show?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 12, 2010 18:48

This one's just plain ol effin COOL jack

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 13, 2010 00:48

Great photos and memories thanks

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 14, 2010 09:19

@#$%& Sweet!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 14, 2010 15:06

Court room painter might have thought about Jimmy Page trying to fix Keith...

Date: February 14, 2010 15:39

shortfatfanny

Court room painter might have thought about Jimmy Page trying to fix Keith...

hahaha !

Date: April 1, 2010 15:32

Canadian Press article:
Jerry Stone-fated family name smiling smiley - is indeed the owner of the Stones Place bar - the memorabilia collector .

Mon Jul. 28 2003 9:47:27 PM

Why the Stones keep coming to their 'favourite city'
Canadian Press
Toronto bar owner Jerry Stone, professing to be on a first-name basis with the boys in the band, says it's partly economic, the devalued Canadian dollar saving them money.

"Silly me, always thinking math, economics," says Stone, who bears a marked resemblance to Jagger, not only in looks, but in the manic energy he exudes as be bounces around his west-end watering hole which is part pub and part Stones museum, with a dash of New Orleans bordello.

But seriously, he's asked.

"There is a certain kind of love here with the city. I think with the boys it's the people themselves of Toronto, (who are) just very friendly, outgoing. They're not mobbed on the streets."

He says that means a lot to the Stones, the ability to actually leave their hotel.

"Keith still has a fear of stepping out, you know, after the John Lennon thing. Once in awhile he wants to go wandering till 7 in the morning."

At the start it was a love affair that often came close to being out of control.

On their first visit in 1965, they played Maple Leaf Gardens twice and were mobbed by fans who climbed all over their limousine. Later in London, Ont., a mini-riot broke out and the police pulled the plug, literally, on the lights and sound system.

Of the 15 or so appearances here since '65, the most famous - or infamous - was in 1977, the tour that saw their historic appearances at the El Mocambo club, Keith Richards' arrest by the RCMP on heroin charges and Margaret Trudeau's scandalous weekend fling with the musicians.

It began badly when Keith Richards' wife, Anita Pallenberg, was arrested at the airport after marijuana and heroin were found in her luggage. She was released on bail. Later, the RCMP raided the couple's room at the Harbor Castle hotel and they were arrested for possession of heroin for sale, a charge that could bring a life sentence.

"Being famous is OK," a very worried Richards said at the time. "But in the courtroom it only works against you."

The authorities were also worried, aware that a violent fan backlash was possible. In the end, Anita and Keith were fined and a few weeks later were allowed to leave the country so Keith could undergo drug-addiction treatment in New York.

"I have a strange relationship with this town," Richards mused during the Bridges to Babylon tour visit in 1997, 20 years after the events. He has since thanked Toronto for saving his life by getting him on the road to conquering his addiction.

But that wasn't all that happened back in '77. It was also the visit during which the band played its now-legendary gig at the El Mocambo, with several of the tunes recorded during the live appearance ending up on the Love You Live album.

Jerry Stone was in the bar that night.

"Fabulous! I was right behind the mixing board. It was a crazy night, just like a sauna in there."

Date: August 10, 2010 13:00

BUMP !

For the newbies on IORR and in case some of you have missed it winking smiley

BTW,does anyone have heard about Mr Jeffey ?

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home