Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Johhny Depp on Jay Leno last night
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: July 14, 2005 16:38

when asked by Leno about Keith's status for the movie Depp stated "well, he's doing this little tour but yeah we are getting close to having him".

Re: Johhny Depp on Jay Leno last night
Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 18:37

I heard that the next 2 sequels are being filmed back to back so Keith will be worked in one way or another. He will be in one of the two sequels.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 15, 2005 12:18

Wonder if Keith would be on Leno's show?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 15, 2005 12:46

Has Keith ever done a show like that?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 15, 2005 13:26

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has Keith ever done a show like that?

No.

Keith jammed with the David Letterman band in the beginning of 1986 (with Ron Wood & Paul Schaffer)

Letterman had an interview with Jagger in 1993

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2005 13:29

Howdy Potted Shrimp.....have you seen the Letterman/Jagger interview?

What's it like comical...serious....Stones content?

ROCKMAN

Date: July 15, 2005 13:41

I saw it a long time ago. Think he talked about Wandering Spirit (which was not released just jet). It was sometimes funny but not as good as the Saturday Night Live bit he did just a couple of weeks later. He played a skit with M. Meyers. Jagger was Keith and Meyers played Jagger. That was a good one!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 15, 2005 13:49

"Jagger was Keith and Meyers played Jagger. That was a good one!"

A good one was also that old Kenny Everett show where he interviewed Bill Wyman by pretending Bill to be Mick Jagger - finally Wyman did some Jagger lip mimics... A great show that was... That was in late seventies... does anybody remember?

- Doxa

Re: Jagger on Letterman
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 15, 2005 13:57

Jagger had two appearances on Letterman's Late Night show for NBC. The first was in early 1988 when Jerry Hall was the guest to plug her line of bathing suits although Dave just wanted to talk about when Mick was going to marry her and then hit on Jerry himself. Dave dared Jerry to give Mick a call which she did. It didn't appear to be rehearsed as she asked his permission to put his voice on the air twice before he agreed. He was at SIR Studios preparing for his Japanese solo tour. After responding to Jerry's statement that she was on their favorite late night talk show with "Arsenio Hall?" much to Dave's chagrin, Mick quickly excused himself saying he had to audition dancers and didn't want to keep the girls waiting. Jerry pouted while Dave asked Mick when he would come on his show to which Mick replied, "I'm on now, aren't I?" which got a big laugh after which Mick said goodbye. The whole thing lasted about two minutes. The second appearance was in early 1993 while Mick was at NBC rehearsing for his SNL appearance. Dave announced Mick, held up the Wandering Spirit CD, Mick walked out, the place went wild, Mick waved at the audience and walked across the set and right through the door. That was it, no sit down, no conversation. Dave appeared flummoxed which was likely a gag. There have been no other appearances and the number of old age cracks Letterman and Leno make are likely to make it stay that way. Bill Wyman and Ronnie Wood had sit down interviews with Dave. Ronnie and Charlie have performed on the show as musical guests. When Keith jammed with Paul Shaffer's band in the early 1980's, it was during commercial breaks only. Keith was not seen on camera although Bill German reported in "Beggars Banquet" fanzine at the time that Keith's guffaws could be heard throughout the show as he was sitting in the front row.

Date: July 15, 2005 14:12

That was it, no sit down

I remember them talking Rocky! Maybe you didn't see the whole show?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home