Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitars
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 28, 2005 13:17

We usually think the only time Keith used the FLying V was in Hyde Park. But there is an appearance in 71 on Top of the Pops with Taylor playing a Firebird, Jagger wearing a tanktop and a necklace, where Keith wears a ruffled shirt and vest and he is playing a Flying V. Does anyone know what tunes they played there? Don't feel like looking it up.

Re: Guitars
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 28, 2005 13:50

Are you sure it is TOTP in 1969? The pictures I have of this session (Firebird, ruffled shirt) are all from 1969.

Mathijs

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 28, 2005 14:32

No Mathijs I'm not sure at all that it is 71. I only say this becvause that was what the quotations under my pics said. but I was already doubting it. I thought it lokked more like 70. And since Hyde Park was even earlier than that it makes me think it was late 60's. On the other hand Jagger looks exactly like he does in the Goodbye Tour from 71. His hair and that choker he wore in that tour. The shirt even looks like that tanktop he wore. The orange one with the number on it.
Man, I don't want to go to Nico's site and have to look it up..

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 28, 2005 17:36

On the pics I have Jagger can't be seen. But, Keith wears the rhinestone pants he wore in 1969, and Taylor has this big wavy hair you see so clearly on the back cover of Ya-Ya's.

Mathijs

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: July 9, 2005 05:25

The Gibson Flying V was used in on the albums let it bleed, sticky fingers and exile on main street.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home