Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When is this Live Nation obsession with "highest grossing" etc gonna end .... ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:19

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Note the boys hold the record at the moment (Madge for solo artist).

Very good, effing wonderful, we're all deliriously thrilled and jumping through hoops .... god how BORING.

Re: When is this Live Nation obsession with "highest grossing" etc gonna end .... ?
Posted by: R ()
Date: September 3, 2009 15:02

'When is this Live Nation obsession with "highest grossing" etc gonna end .... ?'

Never. Selling tickets is what they do.

Re: When is this Live Nation obsession with "highest grossing" etc gonna end .... ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2009 15:53

R
'When is this Live Nation obsession with "highest grossing" etc gonna end .... ?'

Alright, I'll re-phrase the question, when are artists (take note Rolling Stones) gonna stop chasing this stupid kind of accolade and just concentrate on doing what's right at the moment - which at THIS point in their illustrious career to date, is simply NOT trying to improve on ABB in statistical/revenue terms. Bin there, done that .... I suggest you give Cohl and Live Nation the middle finger and move on !

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:14

paulywaul
R

Alright, I'll re-phrase the question, when are artists (take note Rolling Stones) gonna stop chasing this stupid kind of accolade and just concentrate on doing what's right at the moment - which at THIS point in their illustrious career to date, is simply NOT trying to improve on ABB in statistical/revenue terms. Bin there, done that .... I suggest you give Cohl and Live Nation the middle finger and move on !

Their artistic muse left them long ago as did the youthful concept of being a famous rockstar. The money is what moves them now.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:34

Money is how they keep score. If it wasn't for giving that egomaniac Bono the finger, they wouldn't even be considering touring.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:25

From the article:

"She is absolutely one of the great performers of all time," said Arthur Fogel from Live Nation."

"That this tour will take its place as the second highest grossing tour in the history of our business says it all."

How did our beloved rock'n'roll become this? Disgusting.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:44

Why did Madonna allow her road crew to take a crap on her chest ?

- She's single again

(A joke from comic great Neil Hamburger)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home