Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Plant in the Midnight Sun: - Opinion?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 14, 2005 05:24

Apart from the political spectacle of "46664"
...what did you guys like Plant from the Tromsö event Sunday night
(you you saw it on TV; guess it was broadcasted to many countries
with former hot-shots such as Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel & Robbo Plant)?

Plant:
I thought he was surprisingly vital and didnt almost even miss Led Zep.
Always creative:
And he offered us some raving rockin´ numbers from Zeppelin years: Whole Lotta Love & When The Levee Breaks

Pic free to use from site above.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-14 16:06 by Baboon Bro.

Re: Plant in the Midnight Sun. Opinion? And Arctic pics...
Date: June 14, 2005 10:05

Plant was magnificent! This was really a good show. The new songs were great, and that version of Whole Lotta Love was amazing!

His dancing was pretty funny though smiling smiley

Re: Plant in the Midnight Sun. Opinion? And Arctic pics...
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 14, 2005 16:06

Yeah; he aint no Fred Astaire.
But I´m glad he rarely make the faggot moves with his hands like
he used to during The Song The Remains The Same era.

Re: Plant in the Midnight Sun: - Opinion?
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 14, 2005 18:23

Plant's new album is great. If you can, download the iTunes Sessions he recently did. You get three (better) versions of songs from the new album + swingin' new arrangements of "When The Levee Breaks" and "Black Dog."

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: June 14, 2005 21:20

He did a concert two month ago (aril, 6th) in Berlin, Germany, in a small venue (2000-3000 people) to check his new stuff, his new record wasn`t released yet. What a fantastic concert!! Great shape, still a great voice and very sympathetic . Fantastic band and a dozen of Led Zep killer-versions. He rocks!! To me, his new record is one of the best solo stuff, ever done by one of our old rock-heroes. No fillers!Great mix of traditional and modern sounds. If you have a chance to see him, don`t miss it. Highly recommended.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: June 14, 2005 22:15

saw him twice this year and seeing him again in NYC on the 27th. He is still very vital. His remixing of old are amazing, no he can't hit all the high notes and quitely frankly he doesnt really try. He is in a great musical space with his voice and with this band ( with them for 3-4 years now ). The new stuff is original and fresh and thats something the elder's of rock have forgotten. I hope the new Stones record is a daring as Roberts but in a Stones context. In one of his new songs TIN PAN VALLEY the lyrics go "My peers flirt with caberet some fake thier reble yell, me I am moving onto higher ground I must escape thier hell". His new record lyrically is his best in a very very long time. He reached out on this record and in my opinion he NAILED IT!!!! His live shows are no fluff just great music in many different styles..... each time this year so far the shows left me thinking.....RIGHT ON ROBERT!!!!!!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: June 14, 2005 22:19

Have not heard his new album and was not even thinking about buying it but these good reviews make me want to check it out. I saw Plant doing some solo show on TV maybe a year ago and I thought he sounded (and looked) like crap. He did I think Baby I'm Gonna Leave You and could not come close to hitting those notes. I found myself listening to him and saying to myself I can't believe this is the same person.

Anyway, as a big Zeppelin fan these posts make me very interested to hear what this cd sounds like.

Date: June 14, 2005 22:28

You can go on aol music and thier are 4 songs of his with him performing... on aol studio or something like that... pretty cool. The hardest thing for him as been shedding Zep... everyone wants it to sound and be like the 70's. He is bored with that and now you can see in his face ( kinda fat though ) he is happier. His band has grown alot and are playing great. One of the members is an ex memeber of Portishead. The shows are really great! check it out. Very vibey,more contemporay. IF your looking for a ZEP sound alike... do bother you will hate it and not be able to look past that. IF your looking to hear Robert at this moment in time from an interested point of view... watch out you may just fall in love with it!

Date: June 14, 2005 22:31

If you think about it... what does he have to prove NOTHING! And when you reach that kinda status.. thier must be a sense of freedom artisitcally to just let it flow. RObert Plant is a rock icon and has had it all and then some. This material sounds like its from someone 20 -30 years younger but with the maturity behind them. Ok Ok I am done......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home