Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2nd SF Show
Date: June 5, 2005 21:43

Second show seems to be selling alot slower than the first. Just picked up a couple in the 12th row on Keith's side.........YIPPIE!!!! See ya there!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd SF Show
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2005 21:52

Yes...I've been monitoring the availability. Amazing! Just saw a pair 9th row Ronnies side. And single seats are scattered all over the floor area. The temptation is there, but I'm already seeing Anaheim and San Diego. Last tour, Frisco shows were excellent, I'll have to restrain myself from looking at Ticketmaster for the rest of the day, otherwise there will be more damage to the credit cards.
But...maybe I'll see you there!

Date: June 5, 2005 21:54

Screw it!!!!!!!!! Ya only go round once..........go for it!!!!!!!!!! SF is always great!!!!!

Posted by: RubyKel ()
Date: June 6, 2005 02:18

I got two in that section/row as well....Section 1, Row 12, correct? Very pleased!! I am in Section 4, Row 10 for the Sunday show.

Hey...what are your seats? I'm 27 & 28...maybe we are sitting next to each other.

Date: June 6, 2005 02:39

I have 17 & 18..............same section, same row!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small world....

SEE YA THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 6, 2005 02:56

Too funny!!! Where are you from?

See ya there!

Posted by: herb ()
Date: June 6, 2005 03:46

Hey guys, I'm not rollin' high like you, but I got pretty good seats in Sec 106.(I'm holding out for Puerto Rico!) Friends of mine are in 314 way up - they only wanted to go with the low bux. Really kool thing is ... both sets are almost identical to the seats I had at the Licks gig at SBC. It's like they gave me the same ones I had before, on purpose. All of us SBC IORR'ers should hook up for a beer or six at a local watering hole before/after the show! What say ye, fellas?

Date: June 6, 2005 04:09

Yes...let's definitely meet up for a beer...or six!! My friends birthday is that night...and mine is the night before (14th). We will have lots to celebrate. Where do you hail from Herb?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 6, 2005 05:24

I have an extra pair of tickets for the second show at SBC. They are in Section 2, Keith's side, one is row 9, seat 1 and the other is right behind it in row 10, seat 3. will sell for cost - $970.00 for both including priority mail within the States. BOTH SHOWS WILL KICK ASS, SEE YOU THERE.....

E-mail me at scub@comcast.net if interested. Sarah

IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL.....

Posted by: howlinrock ()
Date: June 6, 2005 06:27

If you live on the west coast this date will be the one to buy in the parking lot / street or the box office the night of the show. They will be giving them away cheap. I know from past exp.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 6, 2005 14:12

I think the Stones will not add a lot more shows to the ones already listed due to very slow selling in some areas . I tested in several cities ( Frisco, Denver,
Toronto....) and found out seats at allprices available. U2 sold out 2 Pepsi Centers within 2 hours. Oh la la.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 6, 2005 14:15

We mustn't forget that all these shows are later this year - it's june now, they'll sell out most of the shows until august/september!

Date: June 6, 2005 16:10

You are right. But it's a kind of disappointment that the Stones are not able to sell at same speed and same total audiences than U2 or others. Maybe I will have to revisit my disagreement on Stones Fan base shrinkage. I would have thought the opposite as the Stones can draw audiences from 7 to 77 years old

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 6, 2005 17:59

BTW - "Frisco" is a termed hated by those of us living here. Only tourists use that term.

I got Sec 23 on the aisle - Keith's side of the small stage. And, yes, the above poster is correct - this show (and the first SF one) will be easy to find cheap tickets for hours before the gig...I got in for free at the 2nd PacBell in '02 - lower level seats, too.

Date: June 6, 2005 18:47

Sorry to have hurt about using Frisco. I have not been there for a while and effetively am a tourist

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 6, 2005 19:56

Well, you're a Stones fan so we'll forgive...but yes...dem's fighten' words...

Date: June 6, 2005 20:32

The coincidence is just to much with RubyKel. Same section, same row and birthdays too! I am attending with my brother whose birthday is on the 15th also.
And around these parts we just call SF "The City"!!!!

Date: June 6, 2005 20:45

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW - "Frisco" is a termed hated by those of us
> living here. Only tourists use that term.

"I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the 'Frisco bay
'Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way"

- Otis Redding

Being from Southern Cal, we've always referred to the "city by the bay" as FRISCO, just like Otis Redding sings. I guess you could consider me a tourist, and I'll take that as a compliment. Frisco is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. WAY too cold and rainy, and a bunch of weird people living there - no offense to you though. It must have been great during the summer of love, but the aftermath is evident whenever I get up there . A city that has never seemed to find it's own identity, plagued with a variety of social and natural disasters. Who can forget the great earthquakes and fires?

Date: June 6, 2005 21:52

Yes...that is such a coincidence NoExpectations!! Strange how we are in the same row, same section, celebrating two (three if you count mine the night before!!) birthdays! We should try to meet beforehand to celebrate! Keep in touch via the board??

And w/ regards to Hairball's post. Yes...we hate that people call it Frisco. But I hate it more when it is actually people who live here that call it that...not so much when people out of the area do. Funny...I have the same feelings about Southern Cal (or La-La Land...as we call it). Would never want to live there...only good thing is Disneyland and my best friend in San Diego. Too spread out, everyone looks fake (silicone & tans), and weird people there too. There is weird people everywhere! No offense to you either...that is what is great. We can all agree to disagree!! :-) And So. Cal has had their share of earthquakes!! I was there for the Northridge one...was that 1990!!

Have a great time at the shows down there...you may run into my best friend in San Diego!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-06 21:54 by RubyKel.

Date: June 6, 2005 21:56

Hairball - Otis was obviously a tourist (or more importantly Steve Cropper - he wrote the tune).

Will just bite my lip over the comments regarding SF - suffice it to say - I'm considering the source...

Date: June 6, 2005 22:04

I'm not hurt Hairball...growing up in Berkeley...we always felt that So. Cal people were shallow, simple, fake, ego-driven, and 100 other crappy things...and living in San Diego...I realize it was not all true...only about 90% of it.

I still would love the state to become 2 states & have Nor. Cal shut off the water. Bye-bye Orange County...the armpit of a great state.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 6, 2005 22:19

Hell Hairball, the earthquake and fire were years ago! Is that all you can come up with? And I'm with you SD. Split the state in two! Or better still, let's secede from the Union! With the 5th largest economy in the world, I'm sure we could get by!.... Oh, wait a tick! That would mean Arnie would be a our President! D'oh!

Date: June 6, 2005 22:35

Yeah, I'd love to see what this country does w/o CA's economy. We get no respect...and are the engine of this country. Then again...it's kind of like those who vote for defense are the least likely to be attacked. I love hearing nowhere Alabama residents talking about the need to be protected from a terrorist attack and that gun shootin' Bush is the man. All the while, NY, CA, etc. residents (who are the ones who have been/would be attacked) vote for Kerry (who mind you actually fought for this country). We are an absurd land...and will likely continue to be one.

Date: June 7, 2005 04:00

Alright all you Northerners...no offense please...I apologize.
I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek...feeding off the so-called friction between the north and the south.
Sometimes those emotions don't come across via computer text.

We don't want this to turn into the Hatfields vs. McCoys.

I agree about the phonies and ego-driven maniacs in the L.A area...fortunately I don't live there.
I'm a couple hours north...closer to Central coast than Southern Coast. I'm in the middle of all the chaos.

We are one state...a great state...probably the best!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 7, 2005 05:27

Probably Hairball?

Date: June 7, 2005 11:52

Now, how is it going with the selling !!!

Posted by: herb ()
Date: June 7, 2005 14:01

RubyKel,

I hang my hat southeast of Sacramento, Amador County to be mo' precise. (Some of us call it Amateur County!) Ended up here via L.A. and San Diego (Insane Diego, but it's STILL America's Finest City!) Yes, definitely sounds like No Expectations and your gang and whoever else need to meet up for birthday brews at the very least. I'll have my 11YO daughter/big ol' Stones fan - her fave is YCAGWYW - along for the fun, so maybe in a restaurant or somethin.' If I'm reading right, you're in the City?

Date: June 7, 2005 20:28

Hi Herb--

I know Amador County...I used to go camping at Rollins Lake, right outside of Colfax, all the time!! That is Amador County, right? If not, I know Jackson. Aunt & Uncle used to live there!

Anyway...yes we can meet at a restaurant so your daughter can join us!! There are a lot in the area. We can decide specifics later. That is great that you are bringing her!! I started to like the Stones when I was 10!! Didn't go to a show until I was 20 though. I was 13-14yo during their 81-82 tour and when they played at Candlestick it was a "Day on the Green"...so therefore general admission and my mom didn't like the idea of me going. :-( She will have a great time!!

I live in Marin County now...Fairfax to be exact. Born and raised in the bay area....with a brief stint in New York.

Date: June 7, 2005 20:44

I didnt' think the Candlestick '81 shows were billed as Day on the Green. I thought those were just in Oakland - I know the 7/26/78 Stones show was part of the Day on the Green series....

Date: June 7, 2005 21:51

You are correct T & A. Sorry about that. I remember the fact that the show in '78 was on Mick's birthday and I couldn't go to that. I had just "discovered" them too. Sorry for the confusion.

My Mom still didn't want me to go when I was that young...funny...now I am bringing her & my Dad to Sunday's show. :-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home