Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19
Re: Charle QUITS !
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:39

ablett
Interested to hear Gazza's thoughts?

Yes, please.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:42

I'd like to think its tabloid BS too.... but undercover is quite respected here in Oz, and the reporter says his source is SOLID

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:45

this whole story is not to be trusted, imo...lacks true journalistic credibility (or any other kind). one person who writes for some website supposedly hears a rumor and presents it as fact. don't believe everything you read on the 'net, folks...

btw, its Charley not Charlie Drayton, yes he is on drums on a few Winos tracks...
would that qualify him to replace Charlie Watts so the Stones can tour, as is claimed in this 'article'? don't think so...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:50

Can we try and put a positive spin on this ? It's no secret that Charlie hates touring, so perhaps the "grain of truth" underpinning this story is that he's actually put his foot down and said that he doesn't wish to "tour" anymore. Touring is touring, but playing the odd show here and there is quite another thing, and he sure had a big grin on his face playing with his boogie woogie band at the RFH yesterday. So perhaps the lesson that Messers Jagger, Richards, and Cohl might be needing to learn here is the drummer doesn't want another three year "living out of a suitcase" jaunt, he'd rather content himself with playing the odd show here and there, much as he's doing himself at the moment. So if the others can put their egos and grandiose "world domination" type schemes aside, perhaps the Rolling Stones will in fact continue to perform ... it's just that it'll finally be on the drummer's terms ? Long live the good Mr Watts !

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:53

paulywaul
Can we try and put a positive spin on this ? It's no secret that Charlie hates touring, so perhaps the "grain of truth" underpinning this story is that he's actually put his foot down and said that he doesn't wish to "tour" anymore. Touring is touring, but playing the odd show here and there is quite another thing, and he sure had a big grin on his face playing with his boogie woogie band at the RFH yesterday. So perhaps the lesson that Messers Jagger, Richards, and Cohl might be needing to learn here is the drummer doesn't want another three year "living out of a suitcase" jaunt, he'd rather content himself with playing the odd show here and there, much as he's doing himself at the moment. So if the others can put their egos and grandiose "world domination" type schemes aside, perhaps the Rolling Stones will in fact continue to perform ... it's just that it'll finally be on the drummer's terms ? Long live the good Mr Watts !

Charlie's Revolution!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:58

what ?????
what about Bernard's "..Good news coming IORR ..." ?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:58

Stargroves
Swaystones it's a pun, woolly jumeprs can be made from cashmere...smiling smiley
Ah ,it's a good one .Thanks for enlighten me .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:04

Rolling Hansie
Take it easy guys and dolls. We have 1 website quoting "A source within the Stones inner-circle". Come On.

that's one more than it usually takes to work people up into a tizzy on IORR.

mick is currently running the numbers....now the big money only gets divided 3 ways (does ROnnie get a full cut?).

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:05

paulywaul

If, if the news is true i am afraid that jagger and cohl would not give a shit about what charlie thinks or needs, i am afraid and jagger will go on pursuing his grandiose "world domination" type schemes. but that's just speculation on a non-confirmed news

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:05

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-02 13:09 by alimente.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:06

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:06

Bernard Fowler wrote "Good news to come " to Claudine .So Charlie can't quit now.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:07

Let's wait and see until a creditable source follows up the story. Until then I reckon it's uncertain. The story certainly would not have been broken like that - there would have been a formal announcement.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:08

Handle with care.

But if they'd bring back Bill and give MT a guest spot I just might be able to live with Charlie quitting...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:10

paulywaul

Right on the mark, Paulywaul. And its pretty much in line with what I mentioned in a different thread some weeks ago - there was no tour news because the core members could not agree on a Modus Operandi.

This time, theres obviously no way that a band member whos not willing to do another three-year tour can be overruled in a democratic vote...its simply a case of saying: "If you wanna do it, you have to do it without me".

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:12

maumau
If, if the news is true i am afraid that jagger and cohl would not give a shit about what charlie thinks or needs, i am afraid and jagger will go on pursuing his grandiose "world domination" type schemes. but that's just speculation on a non-confirmed news

For more years than I care to remember, I have always told myself that I would see the Stones at least once on every tour.

That has changed for me now. I just cannot comprehend putting up the money, even if they played my hometown, to see the "Stones" without Charlie.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:12

Ah, Sh*t

He looked in his element at the 100 Club gig a few months back. I think thats where his futures lies: in a night club playing jazz with his mates - not on a whopping great stage bashing out Paint It Black to the massess.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:14

Addicted
Well, I think Charlie has a gig tonight in or near Southampton, or not far from Wittering... There might be some tickets left.
Why not go and see his show - and fall down on your knees - and say: Ain't too proud to beg! quote]

Charlie has a gig tonight? Obviously not a PR stunt then!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:18

Maybe Bernard thought of the fabulous Ronnie recording more good news.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:19

paulywaul

Pauly's assessment of the situation is probably very close to the mark.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:24

alimente
paulywaul

Right on the mark, Paulywaul. And its pretty much in line with what I mentioned in a different thread some weeks ago - there was no tour news because the core members could not agree on a Modus Operandi.

This time, theres obviously no way that a band member whos not willing to do another three-year tour can be overruled in a democratic vote...its simply a case of saying: "If you wanna do it, you have to do it without me".

Thank you for saying that. I'm merely speculating of course, but I do think it's entirely reasonable to think that what perhaps is going on is that Charlie is simply saying ... of "touring", I have had enough. Judging by the big cheesy smile on his face yesterday, I find it hard to imagine that he's ALSO saying, of "playing with, and having anything to do with - the Rolling Stones - I have additionally had enough. Sorry, I just don't believe that he would adopt that stance. And I might end up finding myself being lambasted on this board in due course, but IF in fact that is what he's saying, then I for one won't "blame him". I'd prefer to think that he might not necessarily be the catalyst for "the end", but for "change". One thing for sure, I guess if nothing else, we really will find out how "valued" (for want of a better expression) he is by the Glimmers and Ron, would they actually go ahead without him - or would they not ? Dunno. Stay tuned ... maybe we'll find out ?

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:28

This may sound a bit selfish but unlike all of you here I haven't seen the Stones once, and if Charlie quits now my dream is over sad smiley I wouldn't hold it against him but man that would be terrible news.

Date: September 2, 2009 13:30

hope you're right paulypaul
your speculation makes sense but being the stones as they are/have been for a while i find difficult to imagine charlie's strenght inside the band as capable of producing a "change". I am afraid it is more likely to the stones corporation to go ahead without looking back
but, again, it is all spec on uncorfimed news

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-02 13:31 by maumau.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:31

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:41

quick search of the web and no other news agencies/music websites
(NME in particular) have picked up this story.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:43

My heart skipped several beats when I read the title. But I don't believe a thing before it's confirmed by Gaz, BV, Michael Cohl or somebody within the core band. We could write to our own sources though. People like Bill German, Darryll Jones and Chuck L are always very good at answering e-mails from fans.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Charlie
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:44

it's also possible that this is a rerun of that New Zealand "source" that claimed the same thing
based on the same kind of "inside knowledge" late in 2005 or early 2006 or whenever it was

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-02 21:01 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:46

Hate to tell y'all, but a tour really looks doubtful:

Ronnie has Peter Pan syndrome and is drunk.

Can Keith play?

Will the economy support a tour?

Is Charlie coming along?

Does Mick care?

Re: Charlie
Date: September 2, 2009 13:47

with sssoul
it's also possible that this is a more or less a rerun of that New Zealand "source"
claiming exactly the same kind of "inside knowledge" late in 2005.

you'right with sssoul, i also thought it could be something lame as that but then there is the confirm of deathgod about the source "VERY solid"
i dont know

Date: September 2, 2009 13:50

Now norwegian papers quote Undercover sad smiley

[www.vg.no]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home