Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lets boycott one show
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 19, 2005 18:15

In the ideal world wouldent it be good if we could voice our feelings over

1. high ticket prices

If we could target one concert to boycott to see what would happen and then move on to

2. the setlist <no agreement on that one>

3. Artists to back the group

I did say a ideal world.

Re: Lets boycott one show
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 19, 2005 18:23

The ticket prices are not that high. 60/90/130/160$ for a stadium is really ok.
You can go and see the band even if you are not "rich", if you want the best places etc. you simply have to be prepared to pay more. I payed 80€ last tour and was right next to the B-Stage - it was great!

They won't change the stadion setlist just because 2000 of 60000 fans boycott a concert. Same with other band decisions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-19 18:24 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 19, 2005 18:26

You can boycott all the shows by just not buying the tickets. No-ones got a gun to your head....

Warhorses will always be included cause a group of hardcore fans really aint priority. Can you imagine the press lashing if they dont get the usual classics.....

You never know what the backing will be this time although I wouldn't hold your breath...

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 19, 2005 18:58

for some shows the price is only $60.00...very cheap.

i whish they would lower the gas prices. lower the insurance cost..god, if a fan has too much to drink and get hurt, they sue for millons.
wish they lower the labor costs to put on the tour. lower the fees the cities charge to use their stadiums.. it goes on and on...and god---the stones may make some money....when its all done.... i wish they boycott one show..i turn up and get in the front row...ha.. let it rock!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:18

Sounds like we are a consumers' organization.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:26

out of all the problems in the world that you could take a "political stand" on....you chose this?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:29

you know what the stones should really do is give a free die hard fan concert
and play no warhorses at all , and do the show by request only, one in usa
one in europe

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:29

yea...i can't get no satisfaction! but i try...

Posted by: wesleyman ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:54

prices not that bad? you have to be kidding me. $60 cheapest seat + all the ticketmaster BS charges. for all that $ you get a nose bleed is a 50,000+ stadium. thats a good deal? I have no problem paying a lot of $ for good seats in a small venue. but if were talking about baseball stadiums and larger arenas its not exactly intimate. the fanclub is even more of a screw job. $100? you have to be Fing me...I think its funny that I was kind of mad at the reporter at the press conf. who asked if tour was about making more $. when keith said you can keep the $. I guess this shows how out of touch he is with his own corporation. The more i think about it, it was a legitimate question. Keith should be ashamed of his answer.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 19, 2005 19:58

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you know what the stones should really do is give
> a free die hard fan concert
> and play no warhorses at all , and do the show by
> request only, one in usa
> one in europe

...Mick! Are you reading this... ? Jolly good idea.
Maybe not realistic, but still a wonderful, beautiful thought.

Date: May 19, 2005 20:02

Free Concert!

What a GREAT PLAN!!

we can get Hell's Angels to do security for free...what could POSSIBLY go wrong???

Date: May 19, 2005 20:08

BTW...Wesleyman....though I agree w/ your point....I think Keef has a lot more to be ashamed of than his answer to that particular question

now, if he could just remember it all..

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: May 19, 2005 20:18

Ticket prices aren't high? If you look up the prices you will see face value up to $650! If you want a good seat you need to use to presale for which you have to pay again. Than you have to pay a "convenient fee" per ticket of nearly $20 plus some other fees. At least you end high up in the stand for $100 where you listen twice to the show but therefor you might see nothing but a small screen.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 19, 2005 20:24

Great plan guys. How about you fellas boycott the rumoured show at the Hollywood Palladium so that I can get to see a club show for once. A deal?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 19, 2005 20:56

stickyfingers101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Free Concert!
>
> What a GREAT PLAN!!
>
> we can get Hell's Angels to do security for
> free...what could POSSIBLY go wrong???
>

And some german shepherddogs walking around on stage!

Here are some more great ideas that recently were posted here at IORR:
The Stones can re-record all their great albums, get new hairpieces, bring Taylor/Wyman back/fire Chuck , then we can no longer accuse them for being better in the past! So that would be the end of all negativity here.....not likelysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-19 21:06 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: May 19, 2005 21:13

Not to forget greet the Vibrato flag whilst playing remarkable Taylor solos in the concert intros...

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 19, 2005 21:58

Hell I'll wave the flag if Taylor's playing the SOLOS!!!!! MLC

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: May 19, 2005 22:50

You have to go after the ticket brokers. That's the real problem. How these companies have the juice to buy hundreds of tickets before the fans do is a mystery and a real crime .I wish more people would agree with me and take some type of stand on this issue...A few groups do make the effort to sell only to the fans but not that many...It’s a shame.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 19, 2005 23:34

We should all get together and feel alright, all get together and rock all night at a fancy
joint like Hooter's where they have hot skinny chicks in tight mini skirts participating in a
Wet T-shirt contest and simultaneously serving us brawny men in Armani suits with
Guinnes meanwhile enjoying the show and smoking the finest Cuban cigars we bring our sharp minds
together and work out a genius and ultimate solution on how to fight these scumbags known as ticket touts.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 20, 2005 00:20

Bassale, you're right about the brokers but don't forget, when FACE VALUE is $453, you can count on that tripled if not multiplied x 6 when brokers get through with it! Who IS to blame!? Well if Ticketmaster had a way of screening the sale of tickets yto these crooks we'd all be in better shape! If they ONLY charged 25% over face value, that would be acceptable. And for those who think it's fine to sit 500 yards back from the stage, I wonder WHY they bother going! Just to SAY they went, more than likely, and of course, let's not forget, TO DRINK and PARTY! These are the " FANS" saying prices aren't bad!

Posted by: Rocky ()
Date: May 20, 2005 00:34

Drink, party mmmmmhhh sounds goody to me - plus the music and one or two more things I'd like and here's my perfect day!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 20, 2005 03:07

I fully intend to boycott all of the shows in Asia, Australia and Latin America on the next tour along with all but a couple of North American shows and about 90% of the European shows.

THAT'LL fÚcking teach them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-20 03:08 by Gazza.

Date: May 20, 2005 03:21

Right, Gazza.
We´ll boycott all the shows except GÖteborg, Helsinki, Copenhagen & Belfast... Ok? I´m right there.

Date: May 20, 2005 04:32

What about the hundreds of employees who work behind the scenes? They get paid as well. Yes, Mick and Keith and Charlie have the biggest pay packets but the shows are technological marvels and that don't come cheap.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: marston ()
Date: May 20, 2005 04:49

I'm boycotting all of them but one!!!!!!!! I guess Keith won't get his new Bentley!!

Greg

Date: May 20, 2005 09:43

Thinkin it over I think I´ll boycott Belfast & Helsinki as well.

Posted by: wesleyman ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:48

to beat a dead horse, but i dont care: how is it that in 2005 I will see U2 for $50 GA, Bob Dylan 6th row in a theatre for under $100. I cant blame anyone but the stones for their prices.

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:49

lets not......

Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: May 20, 2005 16:58

i'm with Lisalover on this one...no way man.

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: May 20, 2005 17:03

saying that,i might boycott argentina......the falklands and all that

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home