Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Back to "Love You Live" for just a moment
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 21, 2005 00:43

Of all the songs on this set, the version of "Happy" on that album is maybe the most bouncy and joyous of any live performance I've ever heard of this particular song. I can listen to this one over and over--if Keith was doing any "posing" in Paris '76, then this time he could be forgiven.

Re: Back to "Love You Live" for just a moment
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 21, 2005 01:02

He was too busy playing his guitar on that track to do much posing bassplayer! Definetly one of the highlights of the non El Macambo tracks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-21 01:03 by ChrisM.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 21, 2005 12:34

He didnt pose back then if it didnt come naturally.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 21, 2005 16:09

Yes I concur. IMO those 75 shows suffered a lot from the opening number HTW. It was just too medium tempo to come off as the payoff to all the hype, Those were still the days of just breathless anticipation before they came on. With all the noise and drumming and the stage slowly opening it made your heart beat faster. And then the crunch of the open G--uh yes....but where's the double time beat? It seemed like it always took them at least 3-4 numbers to kick it back into full throttle. Rock me/Cloud, maybe Ain't too proud. So when Happy rolled around to me it was always the real lift-off. On LYL those last 3 trax on Side 1 are excellent. Happy is GREAT. But "@#$%&" anmd es[ecially "Hot Stuff" are hot!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 21, 2005 16:14

Agree, HTW is a strange opener. Slow like a old car. And then IFYCRM which is one of their absolute highlights ever. But GOOMC sucks. Hand of fate (not on LYL, i know) is good but doesnt really fit. Happy is a lifter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home