Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Press reports on the Stones'.......
Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 17, 2005 16:12

what else, their ages. Even the usually above-this-sort-of-thing NY Times had an unbelievable, snide op-ed piece on their ages, not to mention network news, and a vast array of lesser papers, networks & radio jocks etc. Yes this has been going on for 25 years (An aside: I have a copy of Hit Parader from '69 w/ a letter from a fan who says, I swear, "Jagger's getting to be an old man himself at 26. Everyone knows he would have sung (LIB songs) with more energy five years ago...") Steel Wheelchairs, wrinkly rockers, etc - ABC News actually calculated how many years ago each Stone would have been elegible for membership in AARP (Am. Ass. Retired Persons). What's with this media obsession? And why particularly the RS? Did anybody make snide comments about Ray Charles' age when he came to town? Or BB King, who truly phones in sets in between diabetes PSAs? McCartney? Brian Wilson? What is it about the Stones that evokes this ludicrous sneering?

Re: Press reports on the Stones'.......
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2005 16:33

Yeah, and Brian Wilson's voice certainly ain't what it used to be.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: May 17, 2005 16:35

Jealousy man!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:50

I think it has something to do w/ the fact that they are a BAND...not an individual act....which makes their longevity even more impressive....

that and the fact that the Stones have been (and still are) known for high-energy BLOW OUT concerts...a spectacle...a "circus"....and I imagine many ask "how the hell is this still possible??" or "how exactly does Mick STILL run-around, dance, and sing like that??"

Ray Charles was seated....B.B. King doesn't move around much....Never seen McCartney....dunno about B.W. or the others you mention....

but, again...those are all solo acts...it's easier to be old and play if you just stand/sit there....

MY OPINION.....

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: May 17, 2005 18:20

Hello I am Brian Willson how are you?

I'm fine.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 17, 2005 18:26

I think that SF is right...the fact that they're a group...The same thing happens with Yes, they've been around for so long as a group and they're called Dinosaurs and all that other stuff...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 17, 2005 18:29

I think a lot of it also has to do with the lifestyle over the years and the way they look now due to their lifestyles. Ray Charles didn't exectly live a life like Keith Richards. I am sure that many of these people in the media who write these stories are jealous and would love to live a life like the Stones have.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: May 17, 2005 20:19

Ray Charles was a bad heorin addict

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 18, 2005 00:05

BECAUSE THEIR ROCK STARS, BOYS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home