Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

turn up ronnie
Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 15, 2005 07:44

Alot of people bitch about Ronnie never playing... I honestly believe that if the @#$%& soundguys would just turn him up in the mix everyone would be amazed. Compare Handsome Girls to anything coming out now and you'll immediately notice the difference. When did this balance in guitars chanage? Handsome Girls is prettymuch 50/50 with the Keith to Ronnie ration on mixing. Then you go to a show and you have to strain to hear Ronnie. I'd say its 60/40 in favor of Keith right now. Granted if I had to pick one to have turned up more it would be Keith, but I'd rather just have both guitars at a similar level.

And while I'm ranting, TURN CHUCK DOWN! SAME FOR THE BACKUP SINGERS! SAME FOR THE HORNS/BRASS/WHATEVER! And if you allow a webvote, dont let Waiting on a Friend get on there. I dont care how many oldfart couples madeout to that song, I dont want to hear it and I'm selfish. Play Star Star and She Was Hot. Better yet, pick a Chuck Berry tune to cover every night. Killer first four songs...

Star Star
She Was Hot
Oh Carol
Oh No Not You Again

Drake

Re: turn up ronnie
Posted by: wayno ()
Date: May 15, 2005 08:12

you are exactly right you can never hear the guitars at the concerts over the back up band and half the time ronnie and keith are just @#$%& posing, the stone s su8k, and @#$%& mick too

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 15, 2005 08:28

I am always happy to see whan someone like wayno has decided to post about his satisfaction at a fan site! Thank you so much for your construtive criticism and witty words of wisedom, they add so much to the value of the board. Of course I would be neglecting the obvious if I did not mention how your words shiningly refelct your intelligence.

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: May 15, 2005 13:09

Totally agree with you, drake. Since the 90`s Ronnie is too low in the mix. That`s the reason why I´m in concerts always right in front on Ronnie`s side. There is a chance to hear the right guitar-mix, which stand for the Sones-sound and not a Richards solo-sound. Even on official records /dvd`s he is very often not audible. No Expectations from 4 Flicks could be so beautiful. You have to grab a headphone to follow him. Same with many other songs. So what`s wrong with pumping up his volume? I don`t care if he hit`s a wrong note, Keith is doing it either. You can say that hitting wrong notes is a trademark and a sign of spontaneity in their career, always been. So , kick ass, Ronnie and rock!!!

Posted by: wayno ()
Date: May 15, 2005 22:01

im one of the biggest fans,but the fact is usually the guitars are too low , and the keys and horns are too high, possibly to hide keith and ronnies "sponataneous" off notes. sometimes they are not even playing just as i said posing, and mick just kind of hollers and struts, i know this is nothing new but i think shows anymore are just spectacles, not showcases of the bands talent, except charlie and the backup members! i've seen them 6 times and always the same , i think sometimes they could as lennon once said about the beatles, just go and fart onstage and it wouldnt make a difference. same for the stones people would still pay to just see them stand on stage to backing tracks, not too far off from what they do now, we all heard the press conference, by themselves they pretty much always sound like shit, they just show up and dont really care. that said they have had some amazing live moments but lately(20 yrs) they have been few and far between.and whats up with tickets, does everyone have to have to have micks wallet to afford good seats? and even if you do pay top price, or worse go to a club show there are still 1000 people with better seats who are invariably corporate sponsor VIPs, the stones rich friends, or celebbrities

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-16 03:31 by wayno.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 16, 2005 07:16

Sorry to disagree man, but i think they rocked at the press conference. The core band is kickass and I could do without all the other backup shit. Bobby Keys is the exception, he can come back, but everyone else should get new jobs. Oh No Not You Again was killer. Guitars were killer. The only thing lacking was genuine singing by Jagger. He belted out all the lyrics and I dunno whether his stage monitors were just really low on vox (very possible in an outdoor concert) and he might not have been able to hear himself. That or he just didnt sing all that great. Ronnie did a FANTASTIC job on that track. I wasnt all that impressed with the solo on Brown Sugar. Maybe he just wasnt inspired. I know I wouldnt have been being so far away from the crowd. They shouldnt have played on the elevated stage. Should have been closer to the crowd.

Ronnie does pose a lot, but its been less since '99 on, my opinion. Seriously, if Ronnie and Keef were put at similar volumes no one would piss and moan about it anymore. Ronnie plays. He plays good. And the reason people dont notice it is due to the MIXING. Sure they have their off nights, but if every night Ronnie is at HALF the volume of Keith in the mix, ofcourse people are gonna say he wasnt on his game. THEY COULDNT HEAR HIM!

The Stones are the greatest rock n roll band in history. You have to take that in consideration when getting tickets. Everyone on these boards + everyone in the world is trying to get tixx to the Stones.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 16, 2005 09:05

Wayno said : "im one of the biggest fans" and then posted the following:

i think sometimes they could as lennon once said about the beatles, just go and fart onstage and it wouldnt make a difference. same for the stones people would still pay to just see them stand on stage to backing tracks, not too far off from what they do now, we all heard the press conference, by themselves they pretty much always sound like shit, they just show up and dont really care.

The words of truer fan have never been spoken I'm sure.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 16, 2005 12:47

Why do you think Ronnie is turned down in the mix?
It must be very frustrating for him ie: result = clowning?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 16, 2005 14:02

I like his playing very much in the 3 songs last 10-05-2005. He seems to be inspired!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 16, 2005 16:10

So...Wayno...you're pretty psyched about the new tour, huh?

Date: May 16, 2005 16:20

It baffles me!
Are all the music journos wrong, the glowing press reports, the reviews form LICKS on this site??????
Four Flicks is superb!
What gigs do these people watch/listen to?
It aint 1973 and they'd surely not be bothered to be involved in this site it they didn't have a passing interest in the Stones still rolling on?
Ok, nothings perfect but then name one artist still going from the sixties with fire in their belly...Clapton?, The Who, Dave Clarke Five?????

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 16, 2005 16:34

JUST A QUESTION....but.....maybe Ronnie is turned down b/c he's drunk and sucks?

His playing IS noticeably "weak" at times....

Date: May 16, 2005 16:37

Yeah, agreed but aint Keith's abit ropey at times as well?
It just seems very noticeable with Ronnie?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 16, 2005 16:52

So, wayno; did you actually see the PC last Tuesday??
If what´s Keef did then... If t h a t is posing... Well, then I wanna become a poser too!

Date: May 16, 2005 16:56

Glad to see your break didn't last to long Baboon!!!
I don't reckon these people have seen half the latest stuff....

Date: May 16, 2005 17:17

It´s interesting to see how every single new move & song or anything from the Stones confuses many know-how:ers.
Glad to see you too, Ablett. I try to reduce myself at times, but stay away... I just cant.

Date: May 16, 2005 17:25

I know....spend all day work or larking around on here....difficult!
Its a shame how things turn out IMO. Last week so many were delirious with the PC coming up now its back to givin everything a kicking. Have they tried a 'The Who' board? Nothing left to talk about? I for one can't wait for the next year or two...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 16, 2005 17:49

If Ron is sober, and clearly he was slipping - moreso during the euro leg - as it would seem he has been the past year or so, turn him up - the Chuckster can go baCK TO BEING A SIDEMAN IF kr/rw have their chops/health together. Ron seemed very insecure & 'early recovery' last time. He's been working his program i.e. the March Fiends gig etc, & I only hope they make room for him this time rather than continue the marginaliztion of the past 15 years

Date: May 16, 2005 17:53

Right, all the negativeness is killin at least me.
Hey!! PC was like a wonderful saga, let go not precisely Nobel discussions afterwards.
The following 15-16 months will be unforgettable, the most Stone-ish
since the 60´s. Beatlemania is comin back.
Oh, No, Not You Again... Played it to my parents yesterday; and I´m sure we have a new audience in the older age sediment (ok, they´re just 60, but anyway). This will hit among 10 year olds (I Know, I´ve seen it, my 2nd son is 10 & he´s half-crazy about it... I bring my sons, 10 & 12, to my Stones-trip to Dartford in August), among 60 y o:s and in-between.
I´m sure most of the gloomy attitude so widespread here will leave soon, and we´ll move towards a sunnier, happier & more hopeful reception where ol´ Chuckster & Muddy will point the way for our boys. They are on a rock 'n' roll course & no one´s gonna stop them. I also feel disappointed about the ticket prices & stuff, I could have seen more shows if reasonable prices. But now there´s not time for complaining... At least not for me. I´m incredibly happy & incomprehensively euphoric with the new song & will probably b u y my first new album by any group for decades... Its gonna be a killer, a smasher!
And note how goddam much new raw power we saw & heard in the ol´ war-horses BS & SMU! Almost like new songs.
- ...Been listening to Stu´s playing a lot lately & boy he´s missing. They gotta have a decent keyboardist or even better piano player. Mac can fill much of it up, but I sure hope they can find a REAL piano-rock'n'roller (after they have gotten rid of the Bearded Man).

Posted by: rod ()
Date: May 16, 2005 22:24

anybody can send all topics about sound mix to stones entourage?
they must to know what we need from them

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home