Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beautiful Irony
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 15, 2005 01:00

For months on end, I have seen negative statements on the band, but here we are, with a new song that is getting rave reviews from fans and tickets being snatched up almost immediately.

Look back at the last few months' worth of postings---

To the naysayers--crow is being served. Bon appetit.

Re: Beautiful Irony
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2005 01:18

Dont agree

Lots of tickets being sold in a first day frenzy doesnt equate to the shows being good value or particularly excellent, more a case of certain people having a lot of disposable income . I'll reserve that judgement until I see the concerts and not before. I thought they played pretty well on Tuesday, but to judge them on a 15 minute performance is ridiculously premature

Similarly, with the new song. We havent even heard the finished version yet. And with the Stones not having recorded barely anything in 8 years a lot of folks are naturally going to enthuse about ANYTHING they would have played on Tuesday. It works both ways. When their new record comes out, what with the 8 year wait, there will be a lot of people expecting TOO much and will think that they should have in that time have had enough time to create a record as good as anything they've ever done. So, they'll feel let down when they havent. Other fans simply are so starved of new Stones material that if they recorded "Three Blind Mice" they'll think its brilliant anyway.

Again, to judge the merits of the Stones' music in 2005 based on one song that you happen to like is nonsensical. Even the worst Stones albums have gems on them, a la One Hit to the Body, 2000 Man etc. I thought the new song had a good riff and I've been humming it to myself for a few days, but some of the lyrics were amongst the most banal I've ever heard on ANY Stones song. I really hope thats not the best that they have!

A lot of people are simply getting carried away with all the hype and excitement. The song may be getting 'rave reviews from fans' but the people who post here arent 'ordinary' fans.

Some of us will simply wait until they release something and hit a real concert stage before wetting ourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-15 01:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 15, 2005 01:27

...another reality check by Gazza........

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:03

Gazza, I always appreciate your posts.......but I'm pumped. Can't wait till Boston. I hope to see you there.

Date: May 15, 2005 02:09

I dont blame you (for being pumped that is, not for appreciating a post..lol)

Dont get me wrong. I'm always excited about a new Stones record/tour as well!

Wont be in Boston I'm afraid, but I hope to be in the US for either the September or January New York shows

Like every tour, whether its in North America or Europe its always a great delight meeting up with other fans. Its a huge part of the enjoyment.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:12

Gaza: No kidding. It's almost at the point you don't even need a ticket. All this hype has an almost narcotic effect.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:13

We'll be coming to England, so I'll see you there for sure. Still pumped!

Date: May 15, 2005 02:21

Excellent, Shawn. Parties shall be arranged, I'm sure!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home