Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Silja Line?
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 2, 2005 13:57

Do you think Mick and the guys would ever play on one of the Finnish ship/ferry companies between Finland and Sweden? Silja? Viking? Birka?? I mean if Rod Stewart plays on parties then why not?

Re: Silja Line?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 2, 2005 14:04

??????????????????????????????

Where the hell you got that idea????

- Doxa

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 2, 2005 14:08

Ron already did that with Tottas Bluesband...On the other hand, are we all out of topics that make sense now?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 2, 2005 14:09

I mean, mostly in those ferries there are Finnish tango orchestras playing for hundreds of drunken Finns or Swedish dance orchestras playing for hundreds of drunken Swedes.. I don't see either of the scenarios the most suitable for the Stones...smiling smiley

I forget to mention the (mostly) Irish troubadours playing in the pub for those who don't like to dance... (Perhaps they could ask Dylan to do that..)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-02 14:15 by Doxa.

Date: May 2, 2005 14:24

Has Ron played there??? Sober?? smiling smiley

I need to share with you this story. Few years (a decade, perhaps) ago Slade played in one of those ferries. My friend - a huge Slade fun, bless his heart - went to see them and got to talk to one of those Slade players in the bar. He couldn't resist asking that how on Earth the great and legendaric Slade has ended up in playing in a place like that. The answer was something like "money, dear. We go anywhere our manager manages to get us."

- Doxa

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 2, 2005 15:05

This was the end of the 80:s, Ronnie was probably having some monetary problems as the Stones were not touring. Remember, he did not get to be a junior partner until 1993 approx. I met some of the musicians involved in those gigs, and Ronnies judgement over Mick was like " He´s a f*cking p*ssy" etc, etc. So Ronnie did not have the best to say about his boss...probably because he was on a retainer, and his lifestyle was a bit more expensive than he could afford, who knows?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 2, 2005 15:12

Excellent video/dvd exists with Ronnie from Swedish TV from that ferry...but it rather seems as if he and Totta played for people with hangovers....at least they're not drunk...strange....and Ronnie's just shy during an interview....

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: May 2, 2005 15:47

the yardbirds played on a cruise ship that went from san pedro (LA harbor) to santa catalina island in 1965 i believe...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 2, 2005 16:20

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Remember, he did not get to be a
> junior partner until 1993 approx.

I thought he became a junior member before the Steel Wheels tour in '89?!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 2, 2005 16:30

I saw some songs from the show (1986 I think) on norwegian TV. Ronnie was NOT sober, neither were the guys in Totta's Blues Band. The songs broadcasted were Little Red Rooster, Black Limousine and a couple of songs I hadn't heard before.

Ronnie was intervied, and said that he needed the money for paying the school-money for his children or something - very funny indeed smiling smiley

They did a show in Oslo the next year as well.

Date: May 2, 2005 17:12

Perhaps I was never sober when watching this smiling smiley Sounds like the same show. Must see it again. He did however play HTW and Gasoline Alley...so maybe you didn't see the whole show. There is apparently also a dvd form a show in Uppsala.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home