Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2005 Stadium Stage
Posted by: eric ()
Date: April 28, 2005 16:08

What r your thoughts. IMHO, if this is the last big tour... the new big stage would be cool if it was a collage of the past big stages... a little of still life stage, steel wheels stage, b2b stage, voodoo lounge stage and licks stage and then have the b-stage be like the lotus stage...what are your thoughts?

Re: 2005 Stadium Stage
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 28, 2005 16:09

Something new.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 28, 2005 16:39

I wish they would use the huge video screens from the Licks Tour again.
They were pretty awesome. Besides that I'd like them to keep things simple and really basic.
No fancy gadgets are required. If only Keith and Ronnie would devote
themselves to produce the kind of great guitarwork they are capable of or otherwise try hard enough to play at least every
other note I'd be more than satisfied. Keep it simple and play some rare songs, please.
By the way, skip the b-stage this time and do a few more numbers instead.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 28, 2005 17:08

The b-stage lets them sell more "prime" tickets. So I doubt they would drop it. In fact, we may see a C stage :-) .

Karl

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2005 17:27

The music has to come first, but I would love to attend "the greatest show on earth" again! The Licks stadium stage worked well, but compared to Steel Wheels, Voodoo and BTB it wsa nothing. I want something BIG and amazing, something like SW, Vl and BtB. But again, the music has to come first.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2005 08:10

How about a hovering B-stage, one that actually floats above the crowd and makes the rounds throughout the stadium or arena...similar to the little blimp they had floating around last time prior to the shows?

Unreasonable? Maybe, but if anyone can do this, it will be the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 29, 2005 08:47

how about only a center stage like 1975 for arena shows and stadium shows.
However I liked Licks stage the most as it pointed more to the musicians than to the aaaws and ooooohs around the stage. Remember Urban Jungle???.. Or Voodoo?? of course it was great, but licks was much more raw and open.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2005 08:58

The tours you mention were memorable because of the gigantic stage presentation, not really the music. I've loved them all, since my first show in '81. As awesome and memorable as they were though, in hindsight they took away from the music, and literally dwarfed the Stones onstage. The 40 Licks stage was the best as far as focusing on the band is concerned. I say they strip it down even further this tour...the giant screens definitely need to stay ( but in black and white only, no color)...and only a few well placed dim-white spot-lights on each member of the band. No frills, just conentrate on the band and their music. The mood would be right, and it would be a perfect way to say goodbye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-29 08:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: April 29, 2005 11:58

Maby make the stage cheaper, so they can lower ticket pricesgrinning smiley

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 29, 2005 16:27

how much where the prices for the 2002, 2003 tour?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 29, 2005 16:29

$50 - 350

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 29, 2005 16:31

i think that if this is their last tour, they most likely will give us our moneys worth

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 30, 2005 01:30

Sure Bono will regret saying: "Stones are copying U2"....

Stones Were one of the bands intrducing Stadium shows..... (also way before U2 were on the road)....

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 30, 2005 01:45

Screw the stripped down look. Let's go out with a bang. Put a stage up that will put VL to shame.....damn the poverty look.......this is the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 30, 2005 05:11

Shawn20, IF this is the last tour, I think your wish will come true. I think it is easy for us regular posters that have been buying albums and seeing shows for decades to center on the music and the musicians. But I would wager that many at a stadium show do not even know the names beyond Mick and Keith and may listen to an album once n a while. They are there for the event, and I have a feeling that they will not let them down. I just do not think that they are that interested in us long term fans and I cries for releases from the vault, small intimate shows, etc etc.

The Stones have built a careeer on spectacle. There are quotes in Bill's second book by Mick and Keith about the pride they have in pioneering the stadium concert concept. They will be after BIG MONEY, and I am guessing that they see that this will heplp solidfy their legend if they go out with an over the top show. Unfortunatelty for many of us lomg termers dreaming of blues albums and stripped down tours, the stadiums will be filled by people who want to see legends do a legendary show, its about bread and circus's in a way. The age old cliche re-interpreted by the Gimmer Twins, " Give us your bread, we will provide a circus."

Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 1, 2005 09:28

No Security sported an awesome stage layout. If they could go with something like that, "in the round", and with 9/10 of their budget being spent on the PA, that would be killer.

Drake

Posted by: tramp66646 ()
Date: May 1, 2005 22:05

Who could care less what the damned stage is gonna look like? Long as the band tour's and I get to see em one more time, is all I care about!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home