Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T U2 tonight live at Sheffield on the Net!
Posted by: kees ()
Date: August 20, 2009 19:36

tonight's gig will be aired on the official U2 website - start 20:00 (Dutch time..)

Re: O/T U2 tonight live at Sheffield on the Net!
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 20, 2009 19:45

Thanks

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: August 20, 2009 20:12

U2.com broadcast will very likely be for subscribers only.

This link should work for all: [radioplayer.qthemusic.com]

If you live in the UK you can also check this website for a station broadcasting near you: [www.iloveu2ontheradio.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 20, 2009 21:41

Thank you.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 21, 2009 00:27

Sir Oliver,

May you be knighted again. Am listening to it live via Murray Firth Radio via my laptop - completely looses the live atmosphere - sound is just TOO 'good' (clean)!
He's got the crowd in his pocket - 'Know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight' - 'when two tribes go to war ....... '

Sunday Bloody Sunday.

They started off with three new numbers - not great ones imo - but what a bold staement of intent and belief in your currency....

Date: August 21, 2009 00:43

The show is great and I think that they made a right decision to start the show with three new songs.All of the new stuff works incredibly well in concert and I think that the new record is vastly underrated due to the fact that U2 became the band that everyone likes to hate.If Bono didn't look and act like a complete jerk maybe more people would appreciate u2 for what they are, an incredibly talented band.

When I saw them on this tour the highlights for me were the songs from the new album, Unknown Caller, Magnificent and beautiful Moment of surrender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-21 00:43 by stones_serb.

Date: August 21, 2009 00:57

Magnificent sounded good indeed. I don't love to hate U2 - at all - but I don't much care for the new songs.

Actually I've got a lot of time for Bono and his politics - and there are many talented bands out there - but it's Bono's self belief - faith if you like - that got this talented bunch where they are.

Date: August 21, 2009 01:19

the best song so far - don't know it - but has the line 'I played with fire till fire played with me' .....

now I've heard the chorus -Moment of Surrender!

Now THAT is a good new song! Keeping it simple. Reggae lilt with Gospell leaning.

Like a closing hymn - Hallelulya!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:15

I finished dl'ing last weekend's Wembley shows. They are pretty good for audience recordings. Magnificient was tremendous last Sat but the recording doesn't really capture the energy at all. Maybe you'd had to be there.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:40

stones_serb
The show is great and I think that they made a right decision to start the show with three new songs.

They actually begin the shows with four new songs - Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots and Magnificent.
That's definitely a great way of starting a concert.

Date: August 21, 2009 13:46

Yeah, I saw them ten days ago and I was totally blown away by that sequence of new songs.Even Get on your boots which I considered the worst song on the new album sounded great.Moment of surrender as the show's closing song is an excellent and admirable choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home