Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Latest Tour and Exile rumours/facts !
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 20, 2009 22:29

T&A
UrbanSteel
Father Ted
UrbanSteel
Latest Tour and Exile rumours/facts !

Rollling Stones tour start's in sept 2010 usa ( 50 years on the Road ! ).

Exile spring 2010

Can't say the source , but boy it is close .

Thanks. Any indications as to why Exile has been delayed until spring 2010?

That i don't know , maybe to give some space for the Yay-Ya's release .

stones fans can't exile and ya-ya at the same time?

Exile on Ya-ya street?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 20, 2009 22:51

sweetcharmedlife
Exile on Ya-ya street?

Ya-yas on Main Street!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 20, 2009 23:01

To me those dates would make sense!

But have there been any rumors yet of them working on a new album or even plans to do so?!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 20, 2009 23:08

*Feelin' cozy*
Anybody got a million Euro or so to lend me? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: August 20, 2009 23:37

CousinC
But have there been any rumors yet of them working on a new album or even plans to do so?!

My thoughts exactly. As far as I'm aware- Keith's been tied-up writing his memoirs, Ronnie's been busy spending his 'equal-partner' Bigger Bang tour loot on killing himself & there's not even been a glimmer of Stones activity.
A new album in the works?- complete, unadulterated rumour-mongering imho.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 21, 2009 00:44

shortfatfanny
UrbanSteel

Exile spring 2010

Didn´t know they started in 1960...but more likely to be understood as if a marathon
to the London summer olympics in 2012 is to be scheduled.
Then you could truly speak of 50 years on the road..................................

Little Boy Blue & The Blue Boys 50th anniversary tour!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 21, 2009 01:06

Gazza
shortfatfanny
UrbanSteel

Exile spring 2010

Didn´t know they started in 1960...but more likely to be understood as if a marathon
Then you could truly speak of 50 years on the road..................................

woo-hoo! this could make up for the 25th which was way overpriced for my blood.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 21, 2009 01:28

I always thought it was gonna be 2010, because thats when they are about due to go out again anyway, as for exile lets hope we get the goods

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:36

[Closing eyes, holding breath, clicking heels together three times...] There's no place like Stones, there's no place like Stones...

Toto, was I there all along???

(Pardon me, we've had tornados all over the damn place here today...)

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:18

If it's true, european leg will be on summer 2011. Long time.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:45

How about them touring the remastered super duper Exile package when it comes out? It'll be the first tour in history to support the re-release of an ancient album.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:09

I'm keeping my expectations low as to the contents of the revamped Exile. That way, any extras will be a nice bonus.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:45

that give enough room to fill setlist with wh again (mick the fox!)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:48

Look, it's perfectly obvious wots gonna happen !!! They're gonna kick off in 2010, they're gonna play through 2011 into 2012, they'll invariably get dragged into the London 2012 olympics in some capacity or other, by which time some mathematical genius will suddenly pronounce that by his/her calculation the Rolling Stones will have been doin' their THANG for fifty whole groovy funky and very far out years ... at which point the entire population of the UK (if not the world) will applaud very loudly and Queen Liz will get the old sword out and say "Richards, Wood, Watts - put those beers down & stub those fags out, get down on yer knees, and arise Sirs Keith, Ron & Charles. And we'll all live happily ever after !!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 21, 2009 12:01

great story paulypaul
me i'm just sitting here waiting for ya ya's out as soon as possible...
anyway i'm asking to those who know better: will a september start for the us tour rule out stadiums and big outdoor venues?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2009 12:02

And Ronnie can use the Olympic Torch ta finally light that fag ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 21, 2009 12:30

maumau
will a september start for the us tour rule out stadiums and big outdoor venues?

Quite the contrary, I would say.
(1981, 1989, 1994, 1997, 2002, 2005...)

Date: August 21, 2009 12:32

paulywaul
Look, it's perfectly obvious wots gonna happen !!! They're gonna kick off in 2010, they're gonna play through 2011 into 2012, they'll invariably get dragged into the London 2012 olympics in some capacity or other, by which time some mathematical genius will suddenly pronounce that by his/her calculation the Rolling Stones will have been doin' their THANG for fifty whole groovy funky and very far out years ... at which point the entire population of the UK (if not the world) will applaud very loudly and Queen Liz will get the old sword out and say "Richards, Wood, Watts - put those beers down & stub those fags out, get down on yer knees, and arise Sirs Keith, Ron & Charles. And we'll all live happily ever after !!

Paulywaul......all perfectly reasonable with one glaring exception......if I could remind you of Keith's views on the Royal family : "I wouldn't let that family near me with a pointy stick, let alone a bloody sword..."!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:09

I will take this for what it is...

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. My day just got remarkably better.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:22

paulywaul
that will truly be hell freezing over and the end of the world as we know it followed by a special serenade for her royal majesty by the glimmers and then keef clunks her over her head with his tele .priceless!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:29

Probably a good thing next year and not this year.Still 12 months to write and record.Mick will be 67 & Keith 66,Charlie? maybe 70.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:33

Gazza
shortfatfanny
UrbanSteel

Exile spring 2010

That´ll be integrated in tour schedule around autumn 2011,so even T&A will be able to count down...

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:39

And no one will complain about the setlists and everybody´s gonna be happy with Ron & Keith´s playing and all the people on this board will be like a big happy familyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 21, 2009 16:31

Does anyone REALLY expect this to happen?????

Come on................

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 21, 2009 16:41

yeah look at all the old bluesmen, they all played till they dropped

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 21, 2009 16:43

Be modest! Every year even every month or week they will wait to announce a tour will cruel. And our expectations on the Stones performing live is very high, too high.
At least they should be so clever to scale down the size of the performances from stadium to arenas and if possible theatre shows.
However if money is the only reason to roll and which I believe is it will be very difficult to find sponsors at this time to invest in a new tour with all the healths risks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 21, 2009 16:52

...just enough time for Mick to order up some new wigs...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 21, 2009 17:15

If they really intend on touring NEXT YEAR I will have to pass. I was wathing SAL the other day for the first time and other them a few songs(She Was Hot,Champange and Reefer and a couple of others) the rest of the war horses as they are referred to on here just sounded tired to me. I am not really interested in seeing as one person on this board said 'The Chuck Levell and Friends Traveling Road Show) ' I hate living in the past but in this case I think I would just rather remember them as they were when it was just them and a horn or two on stage and they just smoked through a show. It seemed to me when I was wtaching SAL that if Keith put three riffs together in row during a song he had to smile and pose. I loved it when he played with his back to the crowd and slammed out riffs . Just my Two cents.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 21, 2009 17:34

slew
Does anyone REALLY expect this to happen?????

Come on................

Happy if proved wrong but I don't. To suggest a new album material is being worked on by Sept this year is ridiculous. I do think that Mick will be involved in some capacity at the Olympics, possibly with whatever other components of the band are fit to play in 2012 but mega-tours? Those days have probably gone.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 21, 2009 17:38

Manofwealthandtaste
paulywaul

Paulywaul......all perfectly reasonable with one glaring exception......if I could remind you of Keith's views on the Royal family : "I wouldn't let that family near me with a pointy stick, let alone a bloody sword..."!

he also said 'you can keep the money, pal' and we know how that ended up....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home