Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bigger Bang (A Better Version)
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 24, 2009 22:27

mick and keith probably don't want to argue over a song so they just put everything on.studio diarhea has ruined more records in the cd era...plus they need more voices around them.someone to tell them "guys,"look what the cat dragged in'was a hit for the hair metal band poison during the 80's and the riff for driving to fast sounds like freakin INXS.please, i know you have it in you,could you just actually work hard for a few months".the maddening thing is the stones know it.during the 90s mick was givin a list of records post tattoo you, up to and including voodoo lounge,each one he called"not special'having anita or stu telling you something sucks is alot different than having chuck and don Was saying " great wow,great,amazing" about a half cooked outtake.the skill is there,you can see it,the will...not so sure.lets hope so.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 24, 2009 22:30

not sure it's about skill, per se. it's about being inspired...having a muse. there's very scant evidence that any of that has been present in a very long time.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2009 22:40

lem motlow
mick and keith probably don't want to argue over a song so they just put everything on.studio diarhea has ruined more records in the cd era...plus they need more voices around them.someone to tell them "guys,"look what the cat dragged in'was a hit for the hair metal band poison during the 80's and the riff for driving to fast sounds like freakin INXS.please, i know you have it in you,could you just actually work hard for a few months".the maddening thing is the stones know it.during the 90s mick was givin a list of records post tattoo you, up to and including voodoo lounge,each one he called"not special'having anita or stu telling you something sucks is alot different than having chuck and don Was saying " great wow,great,amazing" about a half cooked outtake.the skill is there,you can see it,the will...not so sure.lets hope so.
you know i read that about anita and stu having that voice within the glimmers to chime in on the albums .stu i can see because he was one of them ,but anita .that makes me scratch my head and wonder .did she have such a good ear?the rest of her back in the day -smoking hot wow but that is another story.

Date: August 24, 2009 23:55

think of it like this-if a group of fans,most of whom aren't musicians and have never seen the band in a studio can disect the stones output to what looks to me like about %100 accuracy,think of anitas perspective.believe me that girl was a badass and knew the music[and obviously keith and mick] inside out.if you can find it theres an interview with keith from about 79 where she just f@cks with him the whole time, totally not afraid to say whats on her mind.don't know if he could handle that these days.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 25, 2009 00:03

Great Great Album! Should be left alone.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 25, 2009 00:09

More Hot Rocks

i think it is...alone, that is....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 25, 2009 00:35

T&A
More Hot Rocks

i think it is...alone, that is....

I agree!. In a class along with the best. Top 5 of all Stones albums.

Date: August 25, 2009 00:46

ok,make that %90 accuracy

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 25, 2009 00:59

Come On
What's wrong with "Streets of Love"? I think it's a brilliant ballad.

Same here. I love it. I'm not trying to diss anyone else's opinion but I think there is a "can't stand Streets Of Love" bandwagon that some people jump on without giving it half a chance.

Other people think it's too sappy but what was Fool To Cry?

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 25, 2009 01:25

Sometimes my favourite band released some awful songs and that´s just my opinion.
Can´t see the bandwagon ,but if : I wouldn´t care,´cause I´m able to judge by myself.

Streets Of Love;Indian Girl;YGMR - to name a few...so what ?
I think everyone here should be able to stand this.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 25, 2009 04:18

FrankM
Come On
What's wrong with "Streets of Love"? I think it's a brilliant ballad.

Same here. I love it. I'm not trying to diss anyone else's opinion but I think there is a "can't stand Streets Of Love" bandwagon that some people jump on without giving it half a chance.

Other people think it's too sappy but what was Fool To Cry?

hey - i STARTED the bandwagon and welcome all jumpers.

FTC is a soulful ballad with one of mick's best vocal (SOL is flatout his worst)...and some very cool guitar work which is completely absent in SOL.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 25, 2009 06:00

That's hilarious. Fool To Cry is terrible too but is a million times better than Streets Of Love.

That's no band wagon, it just is.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:13

Sadly enough I'm a big fan of "Little Indian Girl" too.. It must be that Stones is a very good ballad band in my listening-to-music-world, and only accepted as a rock band for many of you other fans...I think Dinosaurs Jr and Metallica is much more rock'n'roll since 1990...

Bigger Bangs Top 3:

Rough Justice
Streets of Love
Biggest Mistake

eye popping smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 25, 2009 15:27

Hey,Come On,I don´t think it´s a "ballad or a rock song" question but more
of personal taste and standards.

You can hardly say YGMR for example is a ballad and there are beautiful ballads
the Stones released the last decades.

Don´t take anything of people´s or in this case my opinion towards certain Stones songs or albums personel,definetly not intended.

But sometimes I got hurt by skipstone expressing his deep and constant dislike of
Rain Fall Down...........a shower for you,skip !eye popping smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home