Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T great U2 performance at Wembley last Friday
Posted by: kees ()
Date: August 18, 2009 13:06

Saw them at Paris and was not that impressed. Band seemed not close (mentally) to the audience, the Edge was not so loud in the mix and too many political intereruptions And maybe the fact that I had only slept 3 hrs as I saw Lucinda Williams the night before in Holland was related too.

But last Friday in London the band was great. A record breaking audience of 88,000 pcs. for the stadium. Great performance, 7/8 new songs which fitted well and were received very well too. Few political interruptions
Only minor point was Bono his voice, not that great.

But in general 'chapeau' - for this band. With Bruce nr.1 rock band at this moment.

Re: O/T great U2 performance at Wembley last Friday
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 18, 2009 13:11

What was the setlist kees?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 18, 2009 13:41

I saw them on the Saturday night and it was a fantastic show. My wife saw both nights and Sat nights set list was apparently a bit different to Friday's. I'm hoping they return to Europe in 2010!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 18, 2009 13:49

kees
With Bruce nr.1 rock band at this moment.

Totally agreed. I saw Springsteen 3 times in Stockholm this summer and U2 twice in Gothenburg and they both put on really great shows with loads of new songs.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: August 18, 2009 13:55

I can only agree as well after seeing Bruce Springsteen and U2 this summer. Really good shows, lots of new songs. See below the setlists for the two London shows of U2.

[www.u2tour.de]
[www.u2tour.de]

sjouke

Posted by: sater ()
Date: August 18, 2009 14:15

saw them in chorzów 6.08 2009..great show ,fantastic stage- they were in great shape..and during the NYD stadium turn in to polish flag!!see the foto

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-18 14:17 by sater.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 18, 2009 14:27

I saw U2 in Zagreb and they put on an amazing show that night.I have to admit that they exceeded my most optimistic expectations.Having seen Springsteen three weeks prior to the U2 show it all felt like being in rock and roll heaven for a short period of time.Springsteen is by far the best performer out there but U2 might be the second best now that The Stones are not on tour.

U2 seems to be a far better band in concert than in studio.Songs like Get on your boots and Vertigo even kinda suck when you hear them on the radio or see the videos but in concert they go down amazingly well.

Date: August 18, 2009 15:39

Wow - plenty of snippets of cover songs. I see they did Fool To Cry. Strange Stones song to cover, especially in a stadium.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 18, 2009 15:53

Maybe Bono is aware of the fact that the Stones are into warhorses these days, so U2 have to play rare Stones numbers as well.
In Gothenburg U2 played a snippet of Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?

Date: August 18, 2009 15:56

God, how I wish The Stones would do that one (Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby). As an opener on the next tour! Don't think there'd be a single person not out of their seat.

Date: August 19, 2009 10:11

Sjouke, in case you went to Milan, GF released both shows in good quality. I have the first one and you can have a copy if you like

Date: August 19, 2009 10:20

Kees, thanks for the offer... I have the GF CD set of the first show that I attendend already, it is very good quality indeed.
But if you are interested I can copy you the Springsteen show of Vienna (GF record as well).

sjouke

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 11:01

Iam also one of those who have seen both Bruce and U2 this summer and I was also blown away by both. I liked Bruce more, but U2 were just great too. Couldn't be better in fact. But Bruce was even better...smiling smiley

By the way - Sjouke - what is the GF record of Vienna? (that is the one I attended). I have 2 versions in MP3 that I fonud on the Backstreets forum. Is this some other version? Audience or soundboard? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-19 11:03 by Happy24.

Date: August 19, 2009 11:08

Gotfather Records... this particular one is a 3CD set, with the Vienna show and some additional songs from US shows... great quality, I guess it is very good audience, but I am not sure. Maybe someone else knows.

sjouke

Date: August 19, 2009 11:52

Thank you for the info Sjouke. Is it possible to order it somewhere? I have a very very good audience recording of this show, but still, I am tempted...

Date: August 19, 2009 12:04

Sjouke, I will be very happy if you could make me a copy of the Vienna show. I visited the Munich gig but that has not been released 'offcially' unfortunately although it can be downloaded in a decent quality. m Let me know if you want something in return, loads of stuff. From Lucinda Williams until Madonna and all in between (Clapton, LZ, Oasis) in mostly great sound. Of course lots of Bruce and U2 too. Will receive the Saitama/2006 release from GF soon too. klandvreugd@yahoo.co

Date: August 19, 2009 17:06

To Kees: your e-mail bounced back... I guess after co something is missing.
To Happy24 please e-mail me: sjouke66@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-19 17:08 by Sjouke.

Date: August 19, 2009 17:34

Sjouke, I just sent you an e-mail, you can remove your address. I guess it is "c" that is missing at the end of kees' address. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1350
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home