Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are this "true" recording news?
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 17, 2005 13:14

From Rocks Off (posted by Mel Belli):

"A highly reliable source tells me all of the sessions have been in Mick's guest house and recorded digitally. They're toying with the idea of doing the whole album without going into a traditional studio"

And another quote:
"The same source told me that during a Mick-less night of the Paris sessions for "Forty Licks," Keith, Charlie and Ronnie were jamming, spinning their wheels. Keith said something to Ronnie along the lines of, "Well, what about you? Did you bring anything?" Immediately Ronnie snapped a cassette from his back pocket with song ideas. They worked on at least one of them"
----------------------------------------------------

Is it a good thing that they are (supposedly) recording in Mick's house instead an proper studio??? I think it doesn't matter, but...

(Please avoid obvious references to EOMS grinning smiley )

Edited: If this news are true, what I see a positive thing is that they somewhat are getting Ronnie involved in the compositions. But this doesn't match with the news about Ronnie being absent in the first stages of the new album, doesn't it?

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-17 13:19 by bruno.

Re: Are this "true" recording news?
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: March 17, 2005 16:12

At the moment, some of the Stones are in Mick's castle at Pocé sur Cissé near Tours, writing songs..at the beginning of the year, it was said that they would likely record the album there.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 17, 2005 17:52

Stonefan: So it seems the news about recording (recording, not songwriting) in Mick's house can be true, then. Anyway, when I had a look at the news in the Rocks Off forum, it seemed that the people got way too happy, IMO. I mean, some people took this news as if, only because they are supposedly recording in Mick's house instead an studio, the results were going to be better. I think that, despite being working in a more friendly environment, this fact doesn't mean anything when talking about the final results of songwriting or recording.

But the news about Ronnie being involved in songwriting, at least in a minor way, seem more interesting if it's true. Maybe Ronnie's input pushes Keith back in form again. Not that I'm expecting a 70's quality album, but at least something better than the 40Licks new tracks...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 17, 2005 18:41

I read that on RocksOff too. Didn't really think much of it. Also note that Ronnie took out a tape at the FL sessions. That doesn't mean he's gonna do it this time. I think he'll only do it if he's asked. Too bad really. Ronnie does some beautiful songs every now and again. There's even some really good ones on "Not For Beginners".

If they made a long album they could have a Charlie track and a Ronnie track on there. The idea ain't half bad. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2005 22:51

Didn't Don Was say that Mick & Keith had been recording in Micks garage.

Worlds greatest garage band recording in Mick's garage...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 17, 2005 22:58

Seeing, and in this case, hearing, is believing, Gentlemen. Until I see/hear a finished product, or hear it from the horses mouth, I´ll take all rumours with a pinch of salt. It seems like a reliable fact that they are together, but they could be playing poker for all I knowsmiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: March 18, 2005 00:46

Well, we can only just see how it turns out, but the Stones seem to have worked the best in the past when they actually show up in the same location to write songs rather than sending unfinished tracks and concepts across the Atlantic as was the case with Undercover, Dirty Work, and Bridges, decent, but highly unfocused albums. Throw Ronnie into the mix and you might have another Voodoo, some cross-over hits that reach the teen market, and a few grammies to throw on the shelf.

But all that optimism aside, I would love to see a Ronnie vocal track on the album or a duet with Keith. Put them together to sing an edgy, guitar-laden rendition of Richards' "Whip it Up" and I'd be happy just with that.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see what the boys come up with. Let's just hope they don't race through production (or over produce to the point of utter nonsense such as on Bridges) on their way to the cash register.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home