Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : "British" accountancy versus "English" accountancy, - question
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 8, 2005 16:11

OK, this differs slightly from sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, yet may be a decent question for Prince Rupert (*).

Generally, French people - as well as some others - say "English" instead of "British", and that worth till a certain extent for some non-cautious press releases.

I'm presently reading a French press release emitted by a British-originated French bank that reads the figures are based "on "English accountancy".

My first reaction was to understand instead "British accountancy", but as afterthought, I remember Scotland may use its own system. So "English accountancy" would be correct.

Opinions?

(*) By the way, look here, that's where Keith would log in:

[www.rloewenstein.com]
[www.rloewenstein.com]

Re: OT : "British" accountancy versus "English" accountancy, - question
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 8, 2005 21:34

I have seen this equating of English and British too and imagine there are many Welsh, Scot and Irish who take great exception to this. I know I do as my English and Irish sides are at constant odds!

As to English accountancy, I reckon numbers addand subtract the same everywhere or does the phrase refer to accountability?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home