Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones recording from Gothenburg 1973
Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: August 8, 2009 19:59

Hey all smiling smiley
I´m wondering if anybody out there knows if there is any recordings of any of the 2 shows they did in Gothenburg Sweden 1973. I have heard that there isnt but wanted to check with you guys here who probably know more than me cool smiley

Re: Stones recording from Gothenburg 1973
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 8, 2009 20:40

One of the shows is available - nobody knows for sure (maybe the taper in case he's still alive) if it's the 1st or the 2nd show.

Date: August 8, 2009 20:52

silkcut1978_
One of the shows is available - nobody knows for sure (maybe the taper in case he's still alive) if it's the 1st or the 2nd show.

Hmm... I would really like to hear that one. My dad was at the first show and since he was there and I wasnt even born then and the fact that I admire Mick Taylor- I would love to find it but I guess thats impossible then sad smiley

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 8, 2009 21:03

I have a recording of Gothenburg 73, but like Silkcut1978 says,
is it first or second.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 8, 2009 21:04

Both shows exists. The first concert being the only of the two circulated. The second show, same setlist, recorded on the floor, sounding a bit better than the first.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-08 21:17 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: August 8, 2009 21:04

jagger50
I have a recording of Gothenburg 73, but like Silkcut1978 says,
is it first or second.

Well it wouldnt matter which one of them it was, I would just be happy hearing any of them really smiling smiley

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 8, 2009 21:09

I´ll upload it tomorrow on Hot Stuff.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 8, 2009 21:19

What about the "You Can't Say We're Satisfied " ?
1st show ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 8, 2009 21:28

mickijaggeroo
Both shows exists. The first concert being the only of the two circulated. The second show, same setlist, recorded on the floor, sounding a bit better than the first.

Do you have any idea of how to get hold of it?

Date: August 8, 2009 21:29

jagger50
I´ll upload it tomorrow on Hot Stuff.

Awww you are my new god >grinning smiley< grinning smiley

Date: August 8, 2009 22:27

I'd be glad if someone could answer my question :

What about the "You Can't Say We're Satisfied " /Exile EXCD-013 ?
Am I mistaken ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 8, 2009 22:40

SwayStones

Am I mistaken ?

If you read my post above, it is clear wich one it is.
Recording of the second show is missing the Billy Preston parts, that opens the first recording.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-08 22:42 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: August 8, 2009 23:08

mickijaggeroo
SwayStones

Am I mistaken ?

If you read my post above, it is clear wich one it is.
Recording of the second show is missing the Billy Preston parts, that opens the first recording.

I am sorry but what is clear for you isn't clear for me .I'am dumb for sure grinning smiley
I didn't noticed the answer was in your signature.Forget it.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: August 9, 2009 04:54

mickijaggeroo

Would much appreciate your circulating the 2d show.
Thanks in advance

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 9, 2009 14:25

Smokey
mickijaggeroo

Would much appreciate your circulating the 2d show.
Thanks in advance

Don't wait for it. His message was a clear "I have something you don't have and you sure aren't getting it haha!" message.

Mathijs
ps the circulating show is the first for sure, as there are two different tapes of this show, with the lesser quality tape being confirmed 1st.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-09 14:27 by Mathijs.

Date: August 9, 2009 15:59

Don't wait for it. His message was a clear "I have something you don't have and you sure aren't getting it haha!" message.

My message was not intended to be sarcastic whatsoever. I just informed that the second show exists. It is not for me to decide if this tape gets circulated or not. Do we have a problem with this, Mathijs?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-09 16:00 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: August 9, 2009 16:21

mickijaggeroo

My message was not intended to be sarcastic whatsoever. I just informed that the second show exists. It is not for me to decide if this tape gets circulated or not. Do we have a problem with this, Mathijs?

Yes, we (royal plural?) have a problem with this.

Mathijs

Date: August 9, 2009 16:32

Mathijs
mickijaggeroo

Mathijs

And what may that problem consist of, please enlighten me.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 9, 2009 17:19

mickijaggeroo
Mathijs
mickijaggeroo

Mathijs

And what may that problem consist of, please enlighten me.

I just hate any and all of these kind of claims, whatever the intention is. Mostly the intention is to boast oneself and to make oneself more important or special. I just really don't like these collectors or traders who keep tapes to themselves, for whatever reason. Mostly because they think it is something really special and something they can make money out of.

Keeping a tape like Gothenburg II is, in my view, stupid and selfish. It's worth a couple hundred bucks at the most these days, while many fans will be very happy and pleased to be able to add it to the collection.

I like what happened with Aberdeen 82: His Majesty found it, and put it on the internet for free. That's the right spirit.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home