Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why?
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:47

Why do they edit and cut all their live stuff? Why? Why?
I just listened to VGPs Hampton Roads bootleg and thought to myself that the sound quality is much better than on "Still Life".
On "Still Life" they use two songs from Hampton; "Let's Spend The Night Together"and "Time Is On My Side".
Just take "Time Is On My Side" from the Bootleg and the official live album and compare them.
The SL version is horrible. TIOMS just needs Keith's loud screaming backing vocals (totally out of tune, but great) and a loud Telecaster.
Why do they never release a complete gig?
Every song from the Hampton boot sounds better and stronger than the whole SL-LP.
The same goes for Paris 98 or Stuttgart 99 compared to "No Security" and many other examples.

Re: Why?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:56

agreee, totally

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:00

I think we all wonder about these things. Its too bad that average fans who go out and buy these live releases don't get to hear the real deal. I have gotten friends more into the Stones by making them copies of shows like Perth 73, Brussels and others. They are blown away by how good they are and always ask me for more.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 9, 2005 00:26

It cuts off the flow,
which miscues, bad notes and all
is where the true magic of a Stones
boot verses an official Stones live album lies................

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: February 9, 2005 07:44

Hanns, I totally agree, TIOMS from hampton is what it should be. But all Stones official live stuff is not as good as the boots. exception is ya-yas and some of LYL.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: February 9, 2005 17:26

What about Live Licks??? The worst edit EVER!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home