Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MTV Europe's Voodoo Lounge 1995 documentary
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 5, 2009 12:54

Here’s a tricky question from the Voodoo Lounge era. Those of you who used to watch was MTV Europe may recall there was substantial promo airtime for the tour. This included a broadcast of a documentary called something like “The Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour 1995”.

Anyhoo, during this film, there was a montage of archive video clips set to a non-album version of Love is Strong. One very brief clip was that of an early 1970s Keith Richards in a white shirt, playing his guitar with ciggy in mouth. It was in black and white and if you blinked you would’ve missed it. It looked like it may have been taken from a live pro-shot film.

I know this is dead trainspottery but does anyone know the source of this clip?

Re: MTV Europe's Voodoo Lounge 1995 documentary
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 5, 2009 13:33

it sounds like the may 1972 Montreux rehearsals - here's one of the youtube excerpts from that:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-05 13:36 by with sssoul.

Date: August 5, 2009 13:49

Thanks sssoul - but the footage I remember seeing looked distinctly different to those rehearsals. It was black & white footage and appeared to be filmed slightly below and to the left of KR, as if you were looking up at him. It was a very brief clip and I guess it will be very difficult to find out where it was filmed. It did look like it may Keith from 1973, judging by photos from live shows I've seen from that year.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 5, 2009 14:08

well, i tried! :E what guitar does he have in the clip you're talking about?
and what does the shirt look like besides "white"?
is anything visible in the background? and so on - give us a glimmer! :E

Date: August 5, 2009 15:02

I think his guitar is a Telecaster. And there is nothing in the background, Keith pretty much fills the who frame. Sorry my details are scant as I haven't seen the tape for ages.

Date: August 5, 2009 17:51

Maybe it was a clip from CS Blues?...that's all in black & white

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home