Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
BAD NEWS AND PROB. CRAP - Jagger examined for cancer!!!!!! FROM TABLOID.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 20, 2005 14:25

This is from yesterday. I saw an ad on TV for a Danish tabloid magazin called "Se og Hør" (Meaning: "Look and Listen"). They showed the mag's cover and Jagger was down in the bottom left corner. So I checked it out. Here's the article:
--------------------------------
den 19. januar 2005

MICK JAGGER: UNDERSØGT FOR KRÆFT

Rullestenen har på Gentofte Hospital været til observation for ondartede knuder på strubehovedet – en lidelse, der kan sætte en stopper for den legendariske rockgruppe.

Stemmen er en af de kendteste i verden ... ”Satisfaction” er blot et af de mange hits, som den har udødeliggjort. Men bag facaden, bag koncerttæpperne og her før optagelserne til det, der kan blive Rolling Stones’ sidste indspilning, kæmper Mick Jagger sit livs kamp.
Ikke alene for at bevare den stemme, der har gjort ham til en legende i rockbranchen gennem de sidste 40 år – men også mod de kræftknuder, der har sat sig på strubehovedet og i værste fald kan tage livet af ham.
SE og HØR kan som det første medie i verden afsløre Mick Jaggers frygt for den dødelige sygdom.
I behandlingen har han nemlig i dybeste hemmelighed kontaktet Amtssygehuset i Gentofte.
Læs mere om choknyheden i ugens SE og HØR.

Af Peer Kaae

I'll translate it for you:

Jagger examined for cancer.

The Rolling Stone has been at the hospital in Gentofte (Danish small city) to be observed for cancer in his throat - An illness that could stop the legendary rock band.

The voice is one of the most well known in the world ... "Satisfaction" is just one of many hits, which it has immortalized. But behind the facade, behind the curtains and before this that could be the last Rolling Stones session, Jagger is fighting the battle of his life.
Not only to keep the voice, which has made him legendary in the rock business in the past 40 years - But also against the cancer tumors that is on his throat and in the worst case could take his life.
Se & Hør can, as the first medium in the world, confirm Jagger's fear for the deadly decease.
In the treatment he has, secretly, contacted the hospital in Gentofte.
Read more about the shocking news in this week's Se & Hør.

That's awful news. If it's true. It is a tabloid magazine. And it is not known for it's credibility. But it COULD be true, and that's enough to get me worried as hell. But it probably is utter trash.

Here's the link for the Danish article: [www.seoghor.dk]

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-21 04:26 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: BAD NEWS - Jagger examined for cancer!!!!!!
Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 20, 2005 14:29

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Doxa

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 20, 2005 14:30

@#$%&, I hope that's not true. I'll not believe it until it's confirmed, but this brings tears to my eyes be it true or not!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 14:30 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: January 20, 2005 14:31

Jagger for cancer treatment in Gentofte Danmark?
Bullshit. I don't believe it!

'In the sweet old country...'

Date: January 20, 2005 14:34

Gentofte Hospital is known for good examins for cancer. But as it is this particular magazine I'm 75% sure that it is worse then it sounds.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 20, 2005 14:35

If this is full of shit, I will take my riffle and the first plane to Denmark.. Someone's gonna pay for releasing scum like that!

- Doxa

Date: January 20, 2005 14:35

Se & Hør is the most unpolite magazine in the world. It's horrible in Norway, and even more horrible in Denmark. I don't believe a word until it is confirmed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2005 14:58

Nothing at all on any other major or reputable news source online.

Smells like bullshit, fortunately

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:09

No offense to our Danish friends, but if this clinic is so good, why didn't Charlie go there too ????

This is just my opinion, but I believe there are plenty of excellent hospitals everywhere in Mick's usual living places (USA, UK, France) that he doesen't need to go to Denmark.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:09

I dont see how! He was at the critics choice award shows on the 18th... but I guess anything is possible. PLEASE NO!!!!!! Anyway if it is true... god bless sir Mick... I can't even think about it

"its good to be here, hell its good to be anywhere".

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:17

How many of us have yet been X ray-ed, scanned, etc. .. because a physician wanted do know more? This is good, this is progress and that what we ask for.

Many people in their forties or fifties have depth medical exams which COULD reveal many things... or nothing. It happened to me at least 4 or 5 times - but it was just it : an exam.

Would you post here a thread just because you have been asked to perfom an exam in an hospital the same day 40 other people are in the same place doing the same exam, which COULD reveal something?

Don't confuse diligent medecine and illness.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:19

Foutaises!!
Please let's not post any such poop scoops from tabloids. First I got scared... then I saw the word "tabloid" in the post!!

Posted by: eric ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:22

It better not be true. I am intending on coming over to see kent and take him to the stones show(s) there with back stage passes.... Just you and me Kent, oh yeah baby say good-bye to the girlfriend....lol. Sorry but I had to add humor here ! ( if thats what you'd call it)

Re: BAD NEWS - Jagger examined for cancer!!!!!! FROM TABLOID.
Date: January 20, 2005 15:29

This tabloid, along with every other tabloid of course, has a reputation of having a shred of a fact and then make it into a huge story. This is how they make probably 65% of all their stories. But to me a shred of a fact is enough to get me worried. See something must have slipped out from somewhere. They always have something to put their stories on. Although it's pretty weak sometimes, as in this case, it's still enough to make me tremble. I just thought that you all had a right to know this, 'cause you're fans like me.

BTW: I edited the title so everyone can see it's from a tabloid.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:29

if this danish magazine has the same professionnal ethic as the Sun, then there is no point in worrying !
I suppose it's just a medical exam..but why in enmark ? was Mick on holidays there ?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2005 15:44

Mick just returned from the Caribbean from Holiday with Jerry and their children. Would he run to the north country as soon as he returned? Aren't there good Doctors in America, or the UK?

Mick may be a bit parinoid since Cahrlie's ordeal and perhaps wanted a physical. On the otherhand, hasn't Mick, in the recent past, been diagnosed with Polops (sp) or something on his throat, from not taking care of his vocal cords, from singing improperly, etc., (though this is hard to believe because he does warm up, remember Keith's complaints of Mick's singing scales, etc., before a show?

Of course if Mick, or any of the Stones for that matter, even walked into, or, even near a hospital, there would be some report of it in the tabs.

All the best to Mick.

Date: January 20, 2005 15:48

Maybe it's just a medical before the tour?

Date: January 20, 2005 15:49

Don't worry, Kent. You did a right thing. There is no reason or any duty to censor the news or articles written publicly of the Stones. All the public information regarding to the Stones is appreciated here. The messengers won't be killed. It's every one's own business to judge the reliabilty of the content. I don't want any @#$%& censorship to save my ears or do the decisions for behalf of me, what is "good" for me to know. You rule, Kent.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 15:52 by Rorty.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2005 16:07

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe it's just a medical before the tour?

The Stones always get medical check-ups before any touring activity. I would imagine their insurance companies insist on it and Keith has countless times answered questions about his lifestyle by referring to getting physicals and being declared healthy. At their age, its natural to get regular check ups anyway and Mick did have problems with his vocal cords at the end of the last tour which was rumoured at the time to have possibly required further treatment.

The fact that this article 'conveniently' (as is often the case with tabloids) doesnt indicate when these 'tests' took place would indicate to me that if there was any treatment or checks, it may have taken place some considerable time ago for the reasons stated above.

Personally, I think the whole story is mischief-making, exaggeration and full of too much selective omissions in order to get a sensational storyline. The fact that they're the only people who seem to be 'aware' of this story suggests its bullshit.

Date: January 20, 2005 16:08

Demon posted that Mick just got home from vacation in the Caribbean. It seems weird that he should go all the way to Denmark for being examined for this. Gazza states on RocksOff that maybe it's a physical before the tour.....Also possible. And yet another person from RocksOff, namely MonkeyWoman, says that this may very well be a mish-mash of Mick's previous voice problems and Charlie's cancer treatment. This is also a very good explanation I think.
And finally Mickjaggeroo states on Shidoobee that he contacted the reporter, and says that if this is a complete hoax, he will come across the Öresund Bridge for him. Along with Rorty, from this forum, of course who names a plane to Denmark and a rifle, which I think sounds like a good idea.

Thank you all for getting me down to earth on this subject. When I saw it I almost cried. smiling smiley

Doxa: Thanks. You too mate. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: January 20, 2005 16:49

Bollocks.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 20, 2005 16:56

hi,
i think its crap too... jagger was just in the usa, and they have some of the very best cancer hosp in the world...he would have gone to the best when he was in the states.. he could be just getting tested... they say when your over 50 you should be tested for colon, breast, cancer, etc. every year.. so jagger i think may be in to get his physical before his big tour......

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 20, 2005 16:59

sorry i was out of line
i just got upset when i read the news
accept my apology

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 19:35 by melillo.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: January 20, 2005 18:14

But still some people call "censorship" objecting to feed this rumour mill!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 20, 2005 18:20

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you know you really shouldnt post this stuff

Sure he should! He stated that it's from a taboid and that it's probably not true!
And it's news about the Stones!

> just to shock people man, nowhere does it say
> cancer treatment

Did you read the article? It says Jagger is fighting against cancer in his throat!

> its just a checkup, you know how they hype up
> famous people
> cmon, now this is just going to open up a can of
> worms
> and start the rumor mill from now until the start
> of the tour

You seriously blame Kent that he started a rumor mill because he posted this articel??

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: January 20, 2005 20:41

Well I reckon it's a good way to sell newspapers. I doubt it's true.

Statistically however we all have a 1 in 3 chance of contracting cancer at sometime during our lives. This represents one and a half Rolling Stones - but I still think this report is bollox!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 20, 2005 22:15

Just searched all kind of newssites about Jaggers cancer rumour, but there is nothing... Why on earth should this danish gossip magazine be the first to know....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2005 00:37

I also think it's bullshit, but see how it works. More than 1000 viewings of this post on this board ! These tabloid idiots surely know how to make money.

Date: January 21, 2005 01:50

Uh, Kentish, uh, remember, Mick is gonna be 62 this year. He's the lead vocalist for a band that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in merchandising. It's more than likely a routine 'check up', like a runner would have on his knees before an Olympic race.

Jagger takes good care of himself nowadays; in fact, despite what we've all read about him, he's always taken good care of himself. When have you ever seen a pic of Mick look drugs-sick or dronk out of his head?

Don't worry, my Danish friend...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: January 21, 2005 01:54

Well, Menace. I do ralize this. There's a huge possibility that it's utter bullcrap. But I just thought you all should know about it. I also wrote the dude writing it that he should get his stories straight, or I would take the train to "see him" and "take him for a ride" if you know what I mean. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home