Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Have the Stones and their music made an impression on contemporary culture, and what is their legacy?
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: July 24, 2009 20:38

The Stones are always with me, which I find hard to define, so i'm looking for other people's thoughts....

Re: Have the Stones and their music made an impression on contemporary culture, and what is their legacy?
Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 23:52

Yes to #1, as far as their legacy is concerned being the greatest R&R band in the universe should pretty much cover that. Raw,sometimes raunchy,undiluted R&R like it was and is supposed to be played. The smell of Jack Daniels and Coors beer sitting on top of Keiths amp. Charlie's good tonight isn't he? I think I busted a button on my trousers! You don't want my trousers to fall down now do you? The crowd screams yes. Priceless moments. Yes, they will always be with us, it's great to have something that you will have forever. And forever.

Re: Have the Stones and their music made an impression on contemporary culture, and what is their legacy?
Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: July 25, 2009 01:56

I think their legacy will be there longevity. I think the bad boy image or anti-beatle image will not be remembered. They are definately a part of the current culture. There music is so predominate it some of the best movies, this has opened their music to a whole new generation. I think when they retire, you will find bands imatating their style, and this will also keep them current.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 25, 2009 02:13

I think their legacy will be split:

- bad boys always getting in trouble in the 1960s and 70s

- money making machine with gigantic stages

I'm sure their hits will always be known but really only a few of them - Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar, Angie, IORR, Miss You and Start Me Up. Other than that I can't see any other singles being part of their legacy. Obviously some of the LP tracks like SFTD, YCAGWYW and Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 25, 2009 02:19

the stones are often taken for granted by rock world because they have outlasted basically every other band

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 25, 2009 14:15

when they stop to play their impression on contemporary culture will be much more analyzed and appreciated, it's like with any other bands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home