Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar Hero
Posted by: mrD ()
Date: July 21, 2009 17:00

I don't know if it has been discussed before, But what about a "Guitar Hero Stones" edition.

I wonder why there is not one already, Other major bands have don it.

Further it is said that Aerosmith makes more money on their Guitar Hero sales than on regular albums. So that is something Jagger should interest.

Re: Guitar Hero
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 21, 2009 17:30

It's just Disney for music. The idea itself is LAME. Now you have young kids saying "Oh I play that on Guitar Hero!" and that's the only way they know of that song.

LAME. Guitar Hero and the other one should go away, die, be deleted from the psyche of the world.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 21, 2009 17:33

The Rolling Stones, Elton John, the White Stripes and Nirvana are among the highlights in the latest wave of rockers who will have songs features on the upcoming Guitar Hero 5 music video game. For the White Stripes, who provide their Get Behind Me Satan opener “Blue Orchid,” and Elton John, whose “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)” will be alright for playing, GH5 marks the first time their songs have appeared on a music video game.

Additionally, GH5 will feature an unreleased live recording of Nirvana’s Nevermind track “Lithium,” the Stones’ “Sympathy For The Devil” and an exclusive re-recording of the Love & Rockets’ “Mirror People.” Other standouts include the Police’s “So Lonely,” Sonic Youth’s Rather Ripped track “Incinerate,” the Screaming Trees’ “Nearly Lost You,” Kiss’ “Shout It Out Loud” and our readers’ favorite American Song, Tom Petty’s “American Girl.”

As Rock Daily reported last week, songs from Bob Dylan, Beck, David Bowie, Beastie Boys and Coldplay will all feature among the 85 playable on-disc tunes on Guitar Hero 5, due out September 1st. We tested out the game at this year’s E3 conference, trying out the new Party Mode and RockFest feature. In addition to GH5, Harmonix will also release Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and DJ Hero by year’s end.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 21, 2009 18:12

Guitar Hero is lame. Nothing compares to playing a real guitar through a great amp. I tried it for the first time this weekend and thought it was junk. I couldn't play it at all. It did my head in but then I don't generally play computer games.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 21, 2009 18:31

Sympathy for the Devil? - not exactly a guitar-heavy tune! Better Bitch or... well most any other stones tune

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: July 21, 2009 18:38

A Stones only version wouldn't sell enough - IMO.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 18:38

talk about a OT topic. guitar hero =lame

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: July 21, 2009 19:44

Guitar Hero is of course lame, but no one has yet mentioned that with these games it's sometimes possible to extract the multitrack files of the songs.

This was done a while back with Gimme Shelter. For anyone who missed it, do a search of iorr and download the separate guitar, drums, bass and vocal tracks - and be amazed as you tweak the instrument levels and be Jimmy Miller for a day!

As someone here said, it's like finding the Dead Sea Scrolls. For this reason alone I hope Stones tracks are added to Rock Band or Guitar Hero... (and someone extracts the files) :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-21 19:45 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 22, 2009 16:23

Gimme Shelter is on Rock Band.

I do think it's just an exercise in hand/eye coordination while listening to music.

But...it does keep the music alive for the next generation. Ramblin' Man comes on the radio at my house, and my 8 year old son's friend says "hey, that's Ramblin' Man", and I say "how'd you know that", he says "I play it on Rock Band".

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 16:35

Isn't Paint it Black on one of these games as well? I have a coworker who's son plays it.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: July 22, 2009 17:38

Yes, PIB has been extracted to three tracks: 1 bass; 2 vocals + drums; 3 guitars/sitar

Posted by: Wowbagger ()
Date: July 22, 2009 17:44

Can't you hear me knocking is there too.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:10

I tried playing it recently. I was clicking the buttons. I didn't move the thing in the middle, I guess, the "strings". I failed. It's just stupid. It has taken away from the music, Then again, most of the music on those things doesn't really matter.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:25

Guitar Hero is great fun. I say that as a guitar player and gamer. It was the Aerosmith version. Yes, they should consider a Stones version..it may be one way of transferring their wonderful music to a new generation...and who wouldn't mind being Keith in the privacy of their own lounge?!

They are just rhythm games, pure and simple.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home