Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sticky fingers restaurant
Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: July 18, 2009 22:45

Is it necessary to book in advance to get in?
There are just two of us.

-TomR

Re: Sticky fingers restaurant
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 18, 2009 22:46

don't think so.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 18, 2009 22:48

Not when I was there, and that was on the day of a Stones show at Wembley Arena.

Date: July 18, 2009 23:02

Sounds good. Is the food good?
And is it a long walk from hyde park?

-TomR

Posted by: elmo wiman ()
Date: July 18, 2009 23:04

No, I have bee there a couple of times and never any problem to have a table. Go there - it`s like a museum with lot`s of stuff on the walls.
Elmo
www.stonesvikings.com

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 18, 2009 23:16

Their web page if you care to check it out .

[www.stickyfingers.co.uk]

Date: July 18, 2009 23:35

Yeah took a look at it.
It looks like there's alot of cool stuff on the walls.
Is Bill there often? smiling smiley

-TomR

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 19, 2009 00:14

Can't say .. Never been there .

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 19, 2009 00:22

The food is nothing special but it's worth going to if you are a stones fan. I also remember that they had coctails named after stones songs.
It's not too far from Hyde park and there are loads of busses run along to Hyde Park from there.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:11

the food and the memorabilia, as well as clientele and the service have all died since Bill gave up control.

Its now just a tweenage burger joint for birthday parties.

OLDKR

Date: July 19, 2009 01:14

oldkr

You mean like Chuck 'n Cheese's ?

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: July 19, 2009 08:49

tomremi
Is it necessary to book in advance to get in?
There are just two of us.

-TomR

In 2007 before last Stones show we have book.
15 days ago, no.
Last time was empy 50%
Sici

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 19, 2009 09:43

Just go there! The food's excellent - with really good BBQ stuff, very nice sallads and good drinks. The trouble is, you easily get carried away, because they're showing lots of DVDs of Stones shows... This might lead to your food getting cold.
Be sure to visit the toilets (rest rooms for you Americans!) in the basement. Some nice memorabilia downstairs too. Ang right now I'm drinking my morning tea out of a Sticky Fingers mug. Big, nice - room for quite a good dose of PG tea.
The staff's very nice, particularly when the place isn't full and they have the time to talk.
You might want to book a table if you're going to dine there late night - and particularly during the weekend. Lunch and early dinners you don't have to book a table.
Been there plenty of times, but only met Bill there once (2003).
Just take the tube to High Street Kensington - and if you're bringing famale company, be prepared that ladys use A LOT of time walking down this particular street... So many nice shops and weak characters.
Enjoy yourself.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 19, 2009 11:13

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 19, 2009 12:06

It is just an overpriced burger bar with a Stones-them: it is all incredibly plastic and false – and yet, I have visited it twice and enjoyed both occasions. Guess I’m a little blind, just as many fanatics here probably will be when the clasp their eyes on Brian’s Gold Top LP from the Rock ‘n’ Roll Circus.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2009 13:56

oldkr
the food and the memorabilia, as well as clientele and the service have all died since Bill gave up control.

OLDKR

Agree on all of the above.

Booked a fan gathering there in 2003, brought over 20 people to the place and whilst I had a good time, I couldnt believe how surly the staff were and how overpriced it had become. A far cry from a few years before prior to it being taken over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-19 13:57 by Gazza.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 19, 2009 14:01

Gazza

Booked a fan gathering there in 2003, brought over 20 people to the place and whilst I had a good time, I couldnt believe how surly the staff were and how overpriced it had become. A far cry from a few years before prior to it being taken over.

And I managed to topple the plate and get my steak on my trousers! grinning smiley

Date: July 19, 2009 14:12

Big Al
Gazza

And I managed to topple the plate and get my steak on my trousers! grinning smiley

How did it taste after that ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 19, 2009 14:13

Not recommended for the food, that's for sure.

Date: July 19, 2009 16:36

how does the food compare to hard rock cafe?

-TomR

Date: July 19, 2009 17:42

tomremi
how does the food compare to hard rock cafe?

-TomR

Don't know about the food at Hard Rock, but I think it's much closer to Hyde Park.

Date: July 19, 2009 21:17

Thanks for great help.
I think we will try Sticky Fingers AND Hard Rock Cafe.

Now we just have to hope for good weather...

-TomR

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 19, 2009 23:02

tomremi
Thanks for great help.

-TomR

great idea.NOT!! jesus - you're in a city with thousands of interesting places and restaurants and you choose those "tourist traps"??? what about mcdonals and starbucks? ;-)
rather eat a sandwich next to the edith grove resident if you need a stones moment! ;-)

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 19, 2009 23:51

I've been there a couple of times and never needed a pre-booking. Just go in and enjoy it. I don't mind the food as long as the surroundings are great :-)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 20, 2009 02:51

Fuucking hell, I thought all those Sticky Fingers places closed.

Yeah, that's like going to New Orleans and bee lining it for Margaritaville when there are so many other better places to go (unless you want conch fritters).

Although I was almost tempted to go to Popeye's in Amsterdam - had no idea Popeye's was over seas!

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:00

tomremi
Thanks for great help.

-TomR

Hard Rock Cafe in London was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. I have visited HRCs in Paris, Rome and NYC and London compared badly to all. The service was poor, the food limp, the overall experience tawdry. However, it is worth visiting the vault across the raod in the shop.

Sticky Fingers on the other hand was a much better experience. We had lunch there at opening time on a Sunday and it was really enjoyable. The food was very good and we had plenty of time and space to wander around looking at the stuff on the walls.

So, go to Sticky Fingers and give the Hard Rock a miss.

Date: July 21, 2009 08:21

Oh and if you ever do run into Bill- he won't sign anything from the Stones. Just his solo stuff.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 21, 2009 09:14

Beast
Not recommended for the food, that's for sure.

Oh my goodness, am I sen-zing a tiny bit of "snob tude" smiling smiley My dearest cute-y pie, you and I both know the mini taco's are to die for - lol...(just doin' a little flirting with the always smashing Beast smiling smiley ) Serious, Sticky Fingers is not about the food, it's about all the sh*t hanging everywhere - like a little museum. The Food's not bad since it is a kind of Hard Rock Cafe sort of place (AKA Glorified BURGER KING) but Brian's Gold Les Paul is what get's ya-brings a tear to the eye. The thing is, every true Stones fan needs to visit at least once, it's mandatory.... Doubt Bill goes there much, if at all, these days.....

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 21, 2009 16:02

HelterSkelter

every true Stones fan needs to visit at least once, it's mandatory...

haha, hope you're kidding! otherwise i'm glad not to be a true stones fan (although i thought stones fans have got some taste and style) ;-)

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 21, 2009 16:20

I haven't been in the Sticky Fingers restaurant during my two last visits in London.Because I heard how the meal was expensive and not so good.

Now I feel sorry for it.I jst had to take it as paying a visit to a museum.
Next time for sure.

BTW,are they any other cafes or restaurants dedicated to the Stones in London ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1222
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home