Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is official release of 2nd X-Pensive Winos tour ever possible?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 17, 2009 00:19

Keith's only live album is dirty fun ;-) I love to put it on sometimes.
His second tour with Winos, though, isn't documented half as well - or am I wrong? there's no official release...
do you think it's possible he (they?) will ever release it?
I've got some bootlegs of this tour, but they ain't no fun, bad quality... Can you tell me a really good one? thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-17 00:28 by Amused.

Re: Is official release of 2nd X-Pensive Winos tour ever possible?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 17, 2009 01:59

Cant see the point of releasing it some 16-17 years later, personally.

The Cologne show was broadcast on TV in Germany and one of the Boston shows was televised in Japan so you should be able to track down excellent recordings of both easily enough.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:50

the Koln show is great quality but Keith is suffering so, for some reason -
i've never seen him that unhappy on stage, and it makes it really hard to watch (for me).

the Boston gig is great quality and a huge joy. there have been a couple of threads about it lately
so ... have fun with the "search" gizmo and then the download. or if you can't download it let me know -
we're neighbours after all :E

oh and: the 1992 "warm-up" gig in Argentina is pretty remarkable for a few reasons! :E

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:12

Keith unhappy in cologne????? I was first row right in front, believe me, he was not unhappy. Concentrated , yes , but unhappy that`s a totally wrong impression. Great concert, great vibes onstage , great experience.
But you are right in some ways, the broadcast does not transport the real athmosphere and sound. The gig was much better (IMO).

Date: July 17, 2009 11:58

I got Keith's "Beacon Nights 1993" which is quite below average quality-wise, I'll try to find Boston gigs, thanks smiling smiley

Date: July 17, 2009 12:03

>> the broadcast does not transport the real athmosphere and sound <<

i'm glad to hear it was a great gig - the DVD does convey that the performance was splendid.
and if the suffering that's evident on the DVD wasn't apparent in person ... good!

Date: July 17, 2009 12:15

[www.hungercity.org] Keith in Boston 1988
[www.hungercity.org] Keith in Boston 1993

smiling smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:51

I was in Cologne in late 1992 as well and never had the impression that Keith was unhappy. The only thing that sucked was the pseudo background singer Baby Floyd (or whatever he's spelled). I wanted to kicked that lad out ..

But overally speaking, it was a great concert!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 17, 2009 14:22

Happy or unhappy, the show evidently rocked!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 17, 2009 15:05

That Cologne show has been a favourite of mine for a long time - but I only have the audio, so if with sssoul is right I'm not going to look for the DVD - it might spoil things.

Besides this and the Boston show I have audio from Toronto, Paris and "Last Night in Spain" - all of which came from Hot Stuff and can probably still be found there. I won't answer for the sound quality because my ears are notoriously not very fussy about these things, but personally I enjoy all of them.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: July 17, 2009 17:40

Think Keith was offended by someone in the audience who shouted Keith @#$%&. off many times. That bothered me big time. You can hear it in the video/dvd.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-17 17:41 by frankie.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 17, 2009 21:54

hey with sssoul:

oh and: the 1992 "warm-up" gig in Argentina is pretty remarkable for a few reasons! :E

how come?! Spill the beans!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 17, 2009 21:59

Gazzz said: "
Cant see the point of releasing it some 16-17 years later, personally."eye rolling smiley

so, they shouldn't release L&G, ya ya's special edition...

I'd like to see a show and some extras from his 92 toursmiling smiley

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 17, 2009 22:25

it will be released only if keith wants it (as long as he´s alive) but I think he´s forgotten about it. Hollywood Palladium was released 3 years after the gig.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 18, 2009 04:14

Rik
Gazzz said: "
Cant see the point of releasing it some 16-17 years later, personally."eye rolling smiley

so, they shouldn't release L&G, ya ya's special edition...

The main difference Rik is that there would be a demand for the latter two. It's an 'iconic' era - Keith's solo career isnt.

Keith hasnt had a solo career since 1993 and about from about ten people, there'd hardly be much interest.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 18, 2009 05:02

to answer the original question: yes........but maybe no.....of course you never know....but i doubt it...on the other hand, stranger things have happened....but not lately....still, there is hope...i personally would'nt hold my breath...with the stones all things are possible....except this..or is it?....i really can't say...or can i?....hmmmm ..i would say definitely yes AND no.....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 18, 2009 05:23

Other than the 999 of us, who'd buy it?

Date: July 18, 2009 09:21

>> how come?! Spill the beans! <<

smile: better yet: you go get the DVD!
it's a stadium show in Argentina - if that ain't remarkable enough for you,
the "special" rendition of Whip It Up should be :E

Date: July 18, 2009 09:54

The Winos IMO were one of the best rockin bands ever put together. This was one of Keith's great moments; the whole Wino idea and tours, and music of course.

Charley Drayton alone is worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-18 09:55 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: July 18, 2009 10:37

>> Think Keith was offended by someone in the audience who shouted Keith @#$%&. off many times. <<

eye popping smiley indeed, that wouldn't improve Keith's mood! and of course Keith does get camera-shy -
that was especially apparent with the Winos - but on the Koln DVD something else seems to be wrong.

i gave the DVD away a few years ago - that's how hard it was for me to watch! - but what i recall is:
at the start Keith was having trouble with his scarf getting in the way of his playing -
which happens of course, but here it was really bugging him for some reason, until he finally hurled it to the floor;
he also seemed to be suffering more than usual from the heat - like maybe the stage ventilation had broken down,
or maybe he had a fever or something.

but as i already wrote, i am cognizant that it was a splendid performance otherwise!
and i'm glad to hear the problems apparent on the DVD didn't impair the experience for people who were there

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-18 16:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:53

Well, you're rigt Gazza, but even Ronnie releases soloalbums that no one bought, and released the new barbarians, I doubt that that sold well, but it made me happy!

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: July 18, 2009 22:06

often wondered what the stones (90's 2000's) would have sounded like with Waddy playing lead . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home