Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any Mick Ralphs fans here ?
Posted by: sean ()
Date: July 16, 2009 18:47

I saw Bad Company twice last month. Rock and roll at it's best. Stripped down and intimate. Was able to watch the soundcheck and speak with Paul Rodgers, his beautiful wife & Mick Ralphs at the Atlanta show. I have always loved his style of playing. Hopefully we will see a release of the upcoming Mott the Hoople shows. The man is underrated ! Think of all his riffs ! Recently found a copy of the " A Night at the Opera" Newcastle 2002 from the Ian Hunter tour that Mick Ralphs played on. In my cd player as I type this. Even bought the Badco cds without Paul Rodgers just for Mick & Simon Kirke. Simon is also a very underrated-but, that will have to be another post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-16 18:51 by sean.

Re: Any Mick Ralphs fans here ?
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 16, 2009 23:00

Love Mick, going to three of the Mott reunion shows in London (flying from Canada). Tickets finally arrived in the mail a couple days ago.....

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 16, 2009 23:48

Not really a fan.
But always liked his playing!

Posted by: Tommy Cosmo ()
Date: July 17, 2009 02:06

Oh Yeah !

Mick is one of my old heroes!
He was great in Mott but in Bad Company
he had his peak!

Tommy

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 17, 2009 04:13

sean
I saw Bad Company twice last month. Rock and roll at it's best. Stripped down and intimate. Was able to watch the soundcheck and speak with Paul Rodgers, his beautiful wife & Mick Ralphs at the Atlanta show. I have always loved his style of playing. Hopefully we will see a release of the upcoming Mott the Hoople shows. The man is underrated ! Think of all his riffs ! Recently found a copy of the " A Night at the Opera" Newcastle 2002 from the Ian Hunter tour that Mick Ralphs played on. In my cd player as I type this. Even bought the Badco cds without Paul Rodgers just for Mick & Simon Kirke. Simon is also a very underrated-but, that will have to be another post.

Great story, and I'm jealous you got to see Bad Co. I saw them once with just Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke but not Paul Rodgers. And I agree, Ralphs is a great and very under rated guitarist. Glad to see he's back out playing, I thought he'd retired after the '99 Bad Co. reunion tour. Glad to see I was wrong!

Date: July 17, 2009 05:49

Andrewm ! Please post a in depth report when you return. Only three shows ? I will be glad to take a night's worth of tickets off your hands!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 17, 2009 05:58

Saw Bad Co once with Mick Ralphs at an early age. Good stuff. Their first album is a classic and Straight Shooter and Running With The Pack aren't bad either.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 17, 2009 05:58

r u keeding me? mott the hoople one of my all time most favorite special bands for all time...even after he left....bad company was heavy and irresitable...
diehard mott fan here.

Date: July 17, 2009 06:31

Hey Sean, I actually am thinking of unloading the Saturday night ticket (third night). If you're genuinely interested, email me at monsterx80@hotmail.com. I think they've just announced they're selling cheap standing-only tickets for the first three nights now, as well.

Date: July 17, 2009 07:15

Andrewm, Thanks for the offer. I will see if time and money will allow. Heard about the standing room only tickets. Will contact you on snail mail. By the way in my initial post I mention I was listening to "A night at the Opera" the correct title is " A night at the Opera House." BTW, what part of Canada are you from ? I spent time in Winnipeg back in the '80s.

Date: July 17, 2009 07:51

No problem, Sean. The seat is Row N, Seat 12. I'm in Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island, long, long way from Winnipeg !

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:23

I drew the line at 4 Mott shows. Now I wonder should i have gone for...no, stop, I can't afford to.

Mott and the Stones are my two top bands and I never got to see Mott the first time round so I am really looking forward to those gigs!

Ralphs did some great stuff in Bad Co. The first three albums are marvellous but my favourite Ralpher moment is Mott's All The Way From Memphis (album version). Terrific.

Date: July 17, 2009 19:43

Andrewm. FYI, Paul Rodgers lives in the Okanagan Valley. Beautiful country. I enjoyed Winnipeg. First and only taste of a real winter. I live in South Carolina. Ocean and mountains both within a few hours ride. Back to Mott the Hoople. One of the greatest bands ever. Never have seen them. One of the few I missed.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 17, 2009 20:24

Love, Sweet Jane from Mott the Hop. I saw Bad Company back in the 70's out here
in Calif. Very good show!!!

MLC

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 18, 2009 01:03

Love Bad Company - not a huge fan of Mott. But I've always liked Mick Ralphs abiliity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home