Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT--McCartney on Letterman tonight--and on a roof!
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 16, 2009 07:17

A mention / reminder for those that want to catch him on Dave....(back at the Ed Sullivan Theatre!)

Also (another rooftop gig!)
[www.cnn.com]

Re: OT--McCartney on Letterman tonight--and on a roof!
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 16, 2009 08:00

Thanks! I enjoyed that.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 16, 2009 15:52

Wow! Macca's age is certainly showing. But he looks great. And man did he sound incredible. His voice still just rocks. The song from Electric Arguments was fantastic! Very full guitar sound with some cool reverb on his vocals. It is rare an act gets to do two songs, and Macca was his only guest (other than the joke part with Bruce Willis). No new revelations, other than Macca's voice still being so strong. I head to New York tomorrow to see him at the Citi Park Stadium (aka the new Shea Stadium). I can't wait!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 16, 2009 16:16

I thought he looked really " rested"....I was wondering if he'd had a little tweak. Yes, he did sound great! He just has that boyish charm, the twinkle in the eye still! Loved the new hair color, much better than the black he used to use.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 16, 2009 20:17

Even though I always was partial to John and thought Paul a bit of a "candy ass" I am really impressed the level of talent he still displays.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 16, 2009 20:20

Macca sounds great to me and he sure looks almost as old as Keith nowadays.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 16, 2009 22:05

Totally disagree with how he looks like Keith.

Can Letterman ask better questions! Do some research Next dave.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 16, 2009 22:10

The Stones
Macca sounds great to me and he sure looks almost as old as Keith nowadays.

That's good news as he was born in '42 and Keith in '43...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 16, 2009 22:31

"Macca sounds great to me and he sure looks almost as old as Keith nowadays."

You are kidding right?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 16, 2009 23:19

thnx loog droog; went to the late nite site and watched whole show...don't have tv, didn't hear about it; would have missed it if not for iorr....

listened in good studio monitor phones...to hear that authorative but bright pumping rock and roll bass playing is a total joy for me...totally stellar band...
just loved it; he's got the chops...mellowed out from a lot of that bitter shit he was carrying around for so many years....total pro. loved it... what a thrill to see me home town all decked out for the live music on broadway...so cool....

brings back memories of our band on that flatbed truck scorching out bs in nyc....

man; simple and sweet and rockin....sounds great on vokes and bass. great band...firemen stuff cool. vry happy w this ty lg
smiling smiley

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 16, 2009 23:33

mickschix
I thought he looked really " rested"....I was wondering if he'd had a little tweak. Yes, he did sound great! He just has that boyish charm, the twinkle in the eye still! Loved the new hair color, much better than the black he used to use.

I thought it looked like he'd recently had some work done as well. He was looking pretty old there for a while (understandably so, the man's 67). If he did get work done, it was good work. He looks great for his age.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 16, 2009 23:34

whitem8
Wow! Macca's age is certainly showing. But he looks great. And man did he sound incredible. His voice still just rocks. The song from Electric Arguments was fantastic! Very full guitar sound with some cool reverb on his vocals. It is rare an act gets to do two songs, and Macca was his only guest (other than the joke part with Bruce Willis). No new revelations, other than Macca's voice still being so strong. I head to New York tomorrow to see him at the Citi Park Stadium (aka the new Shea Stadium). I can't wait!!

If you think he looks great and sounds incredible (I agree), then why do you say his age is showing?

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 00:12

i find scenes like this always embarrashing

for the first thing he is living on and using Beatles songs for HIS purpose,
he should be playing his own stuff

secondly I feel always sorry for the other performers, the statue and fame of Mr
Cartney is such that they will always be in the shadow, no matter how he performs and now matter how they perform

best

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 00:30

I loved it, and this appearance helps build up the anticipation for the September release of the remasters. Note that Letterman did NOT ask any questions about the remasters, BUT, he DID keep his line of questioning Beatles-related. Paul's an intelligent man, and the interview was great, but it was also a clever PR move.

Date: July 17, 2009 00:53

Because he is looking old and you know it just makes you realize this isn't forever. Not bad. Just reflecting. Yes his age is showing, but he is doing great!

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: July 17, 2009 01:29

Thanks and I hope he passed the audition.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 17, 2009 01:31

He has definitely had a few tweaks, looks good, imo.

He played more songs after the two for Letterman, five more,
for the large crowds gathered outside. Nice.

[www.livedaily.com]

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: July 17, 2009 02:23

Just watched this over at Letterman's website. Incredible mini-concert and he's still got the finest voice in rock and roll. "Let me Roll It" was a highlight. If you watch the concert there's no way you could call Macca "candy ass." That's just an old, silly Beatle-era stereotype. That was hard-driving rock and roll music at its best.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2009 02:41

he is living on and using Beatles songs for HIS purpose,

confused smiley

I'm puzzled over this comment...living off the Beatles?
Did he not write or co-write most of the soongs he plays?
Was he not a Beatle?

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:10

the 2 beatles songs he played are actually paul mccartney solo numbers written and recorded on his own, when the beatles were no longer a band really.
he has every right to perform those songs.

Date: July 17, 2009 03:11

Good on ya hairball! Yeah, he wrote some amazing stuff and we love to hear it. And additionally, the second song he did on Letterman was from Electric Arguments!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:39

>the 2 beatles songs he played are actually paul mccartney solo numbers written and recorded on his own, when the beatles were no longer a band really.

"Get Back"? I think not.

Date: July 17, 2009 03:42

Hey, at least he is being spontaneous and playing! Unlike some boys that I know. The Stones next album should be called "Love it, or Leave it".

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:48

It's one of those "Where were you" moments when the Beatles debuted on the Ed Sullivan Show. Well, sitting on the floor in front of the TV with my family, of course. My Mom commented "At least Elvis' hair is on top of his head!" I wondered if they wrote their own songs. What they played sounded familiar even to this young one. Was it because it sounded like Buddy Holly or some other group? Or because the songs were so perfect they seemed to already exist?

Difference between the Beatles and Stones? The Beatles were a vocal group with two of the finest voices in RnR.

Date: July 17, 2009 03:48

stoneswashed77
the 2 beatles songs he played are actually paul mccartney solo numbers written and recorded on his own, when the beatles were no longer a band really.
he has every right to perform those songs.

Sorry dude, that's just not accurate. BITUSSR was a paul song, but the boys added their input and great playing. Get Back another pure Paul song, but had the boys adding their panache as well...from Lennon's slide, to the great drumming.
But I get your point!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 17, 2009 05:28

ohnonotyouagain
mickschix

I thought it looked like he'd recently had some work done as well. He was looking pretty old there for a while (understandably so, the man's 67). If he did get work done, it was good work. He looks great for his age.

His late friend Michael Jackson recommended a good plastic surgeon. ... just what I heard, you know.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:01

Late Show

Here is the link to Paul's performance.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:58

nice showsmiling smiley stones should do something like that, and not ask matt lauer to come over to Toronto, like in 02 and 05

Posted by: turd ()
Date: July 17, 2009 15:46

Thanks for the link.
McCartney has got himsalf a good, hard rockin bunch of guys to back him. The harmony vocals were very impressive. Beatles songs sound simple but have fairly complex arrangements, clearly they must have studied the records first to get it right.
Amazed he still plonks away on that old Hofner bass - his trade mark I guess.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 17, 2009 16:28

for the first thing he is living on and using Beatles songs for HIS purpose,

Beatles songs ARE his stuff. Living on and using Beatles songs? Who else should be doing that if not him?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home