Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor USA/Canada shows canceled
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 15:13

Edith Grove
ANNALIESE
The former Rolling Stone is suffering from pleurisy and has developed a blood clot, Gould said.

I've been dealing with pleurisy for over a month now and let me tell you, it ain't nothing to mess around with.
I've finally reached the point where I'm feeling normal again, but I still have a few days of antibiotics to take.

More about pleurisy here:

Pleurisy Fact Sheet

January 2005

The lungs and chest cavity are lined with a thin membrane called pleura. With each breath, the pleura slide smoothly against each other, lubricated by a fluid. Pleurisy occurs when the pleura become inflamed and they rub and grate against each other. This causes pain, aggravated by coughing and deep breathing. Also called pleuritis, the inflammation is often caused by respiratory illnesses, including tuberculosis, pneumonia, and asbestos-related diseases. Other causes include viral and bacterial infections and rheumatic conditions like lupus erythematosus.

Symptoms include a recent or existing respiratory infection, persistent cough, chest pain, pain when breathing deeply or coughing, malaise, and fever.

Sometimes the inflammation can lead to a collection of fluid between the pleura, called pleural effusions. The fluid buildup is either caused by one membrane creating excess fluid or one membrane failing to drain the fluid. Pleural effusions ease the pain by cushioning between the inflamed membranes, leading the patient to believe that the condition is improving when it actually may be getting worse. A large accumulation of fluid can compress the lungs and cause breathing difficulties, coughing, and cyanosis (bluish skin due to lack of blood oxygen). Pleural effusions are commonly caused by primary and metastatic lung cancer.

Pleurisy may be detected using a stethoscope to listen to the sound of the pleura scraping against each other, called a "friction rub." There may also be abnormal breathing sounds like rattling and crackling. Other tests doctors may take include blood tests to check for viral or bacterial infections, x-rays, and a sample of the pleural fluid (thoracentesis).

Treatment for pleurisy consists of treating the underlying condition. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication are given for infections while painkillers are prescribed to relieve the pain. The fluid from pleural effusions is drained and medication is given to prevent continued buildup. Treating respiratory infections immediately is key to preventing pleurisy. Immunization against pneumonia and viral and bacterial infections can also help.

[www.lungusa.org]
thanks for the update Edith Grove. i knew there was more to this than just a bad back ,that was to generic of a explanation .best wishes to mick taylor for a full recovery. i will tell you this , this does not sound good .so my thoughts and prayers to mick taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 14, 2009 15:32

"Lack of promotion maybe? I'm not sure but honestly if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known he was touring anywhere. All he probably needs to do is some newspaper interviews and a few TV spots and he would pull far larger crowds."

I agree, better website, better promo. Use the Stones connection more. New set list.

But then MT could be completely happy as he is??

Do hope he gets better. Sounds dreadful.....

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 14, 2009 18:18

Maybe after this he'll quit smoking those damn Cigarette's!!!

Bad habit!!!

MLC

MICK TAYLOR TO PLAY IRON HORSE IN NORTHAMPTON, Ma
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:13

I just read on Shidoobee that Mick Taylor will be playing the Iron Horse Music Hall on August 4th, a Tuesday night. Tickets are $28 at the door but I know seating is VERY limited, like 100 people at the most! This is a surprise to me because I've been checking his website to see all USA dates and there were few until now!! He's added more dates, check it out!! I saw John Mayall at the Iron Horse and all seats are on top of the " stage"...platform. Are there any folks from Massachusetts that might be going??

Re: MICK TAYLOR TO PLAY IRON HORSE IN NORTHAMPTON, Ma
Date: July 13, 2009 00:45

P.S. Mick is also playing the BB King Blues Club in NYC on July 23 and 29th. Is anyone going?? Now that I've read about his set list, I'm a lot more interested in going. I've waited a very long time to hear him play " Love In Vain" again, 37 years to be exact.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 13, 2009 00:46

Mickschix, you might want to call the club if you have tickets.

Looks like the tour is cancelled.

Date: July 13, 2009 00:49

I was just about to post again saying I read about his cancelled tour! What a bummer! NO, I hadn't purchased tickets yet. Thanks Edith Grove. I feel bad because I've had no real plans to see any shows this summer.

Posted by: jaggmic ()
Date: July 14, 2009 17:34

Hello everyone! I'm new here and just finding my way around. I was sorry to hear that this concert was cancelled. I'm finding such informative and interesting info here. Looking forward to chatting and sharing with everyone here. I love the Stones and just found this site. I'm a little behind here! LOL!

Date: July 14, 2009 19:04

Welcome, JAGGMIC! You'll get caught up! Do you live in Massachusetts? This Mick Taylor gig was an hour away from my home so I am not happy that it was cancelled. I do feel bad for Mick though because he has suffered a long time with back pain. Anyway, enjoy this great board!

Re: Mick Taylor shows canceled
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 14, 2009 20:04

Get well MT

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 14, 2009 20:36

Updates from some of the venues on MT's tour indicate the shows will be rescheduled.

Tralf Music Hall, Buffalo NY

Date Postponed:
Due to the hospitalization of Mick Taylor this date has been postponed, the new date will be announced as soon as possible.

Monday July 20th
The Mick Taylor Band
7pm doors/8pm show/21+
$28 presale/$30 day of show
Tickets on sale at all Ticketmaster locations, charge by phone 1-800-745-3000, or ticketmaster.com

Ram's Head, Annapolis MD

Mick Taylor
Monday, July 27
Thursday, August 6 Added by popular demand!
8pm *each night*
$29.50

THESE SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED BY THE ARTIST DUE TO ILLNESS. ALL TICKET HOLDERS WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE BOX OFFICE.

Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton MA

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 - 07:00 PM

Show Cancelled:
This show is being postponed due to an illness. We are working to reschedule for a date in October or November and are hoping to announce a new date, here, very soon. Your tickets will be honored for the new date and we encourage you to hold on to them. If you would

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 14, 2009 21:20

Good to hear Mick plans to re-schedule....

MLC

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 14, 2009 21:26

Get Well Soon Mr. Taylor!

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 21:27

Indeed, hope he recovers soon

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: July 15, 2009 19:30

ablett
"Lack of promotion maybe? I'm not sure but honestly if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known he was touring anywhere. All he probably needs to do is some newspaper interviews and a few TV spots and he would pull far larger crowds."

I agree, better website, better promo. Use the Stones connection more. New set list.

But then MT could be completely happy as he is??

Do hope he gets better. Sounds dreadful.....

I think I get it now, I had to ban you from posting on the MT Message Board
Lol

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 15, 2009 19:45

Eh, you mean I can't post on the "Thank god for RW" thread on your site anymore?

Damn!

;-)

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 15, 2009 23:34

Thanks to everyone who contributed all the updates... I feel very informed now! I'd love to see MT if he reschedules those Iron Horse dates. What a great venue. It's something like 5 hours from where I live now, but I'd be tempted to go. The show I saw in Portland, ME in '99 was a blast. Get well soon MT!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 20:10

Info the cancelled BB Kings show in NYC.......

**THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED**

Any tickets purchased by Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone or Ticketmaster.com will be automatically credited back to the card used to order them. All tickets purchased at the box office or a Ticketmaster Ticket Center must be returned to the point of purchase to receive a refund.

Posted by: jaggmic ()
Date: July 20, 2009 22:56

Thank you for the warm welcome Mickschix. I'm enjoying this site so far, learning how to manuver, seems like everyone is pretty cool and respectful of other's opinions. I'm living in NYC. Could have gone to BB King's!!!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: August 3, 2009 23:48

Anyone know of any health updates on Mick? his web site offers no info.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home