Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Trilogy Parisiennes started 6 years ago - Bercy/Stade De France/Olympia memories here please
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:31

What a great week that was, maybe the best week of my life.
Went there with two great guys (S+T). We were talking a whole
week about the Stones. Drinking at the Some Girls bar, discussing
every album from No. 1 to Emotional rescue (at least I think so:-).

Starting with a fantastic arena show at Bercy, a great stadium
show with 79.997 others and the highlight of any fan career -
the Stones clubshow at the famous Olympia.

Any others who made the trilogy?

Re: Trilogy Parisiennes started 6 years ago - Bercy/Stade De France/Olympia memories here please
Date: July 7, 2009 21:53

I did. Great memories too. I've seen them 17 times during this fantastic summer, but Paris was special because it's my country. I don't think that the stadium show was very good, but who cares, we got the Olympia, and one of the best setlist ever. I'm still very emotionnal about that night, and i've never seen so much fans with tears in their eyes at the end of a show.
I was there with some very good frienfs and my daughter. We really had a great great time. During the whole week, we never went to sleep before seeing the daylight.
I don't know if the Stones will tour again or not (to be honest i doubt they will, sorry bv). But more than the Stones themselves, i miss those great friendly moments with family and friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 19:24 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Re: Trilogy Parisiennes started 6 years ago - Bercy/Stade De France/Olympia memories here please
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 8, 2009 10:22

I didn't go the stadium or arena shows but Olympia was just so good.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 8, 2009 11:51

It was a great week and the Olympia was stunning. The week after was the worst week of my life but there's a nice symmetry about that.

Posted by: Rik ()

yes! That was a great weeksmiling smiley

Rik, is it you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 11:52 by TooTough.

Date: July 8, 2009 11:58

yessmiling smiley, we did drink in the some girls bar right? Still have to have that coaster with your address somewhere, haha!

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 8, 2009 12:17

For me the July 28th 2006 show at Stade de France had a very special meaning.
I went there with my brother after a very disappointing opening show in Milan a month earlier and a devastating divorce 3 weeks earlier.
Let's just say the Stones had better play a great one that night and, thank lord, they did.
I do still remember me and my bro's grins after hearing the 1st 45 seconds of opening number JJF, Keith was in an amazing shape. They were right on the 1st chorus when he threw in an out of nowhere a line that made the hair on my neck raise and gave me the usual adrenaline rush I get when my body realizes a great show is on the way.
The overall show was awesome, Midnight Rambler was simply fantastic and This Place is Empty, for what was goin on in my life at that maoment, was a sweet/sour tearjerker.
That weekend with my brother was just what I needed, great company, lots of Gold de Kanterbrau beer, my favourite, and awesome food (croque monsieur in the morning, moules marinier in the evening).
To make it full circle, a year later I was in Rome to see the Stones again with my new girlfriend, Great seats, great show and, yes, we're still very much in love!

Men and Eleonora in Rome, July 06th 2007

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 8, 2009 18:57

L'Olympia - what an evening! Parisien atmosphere on the floor of the theatre. Great set list; the occasional bit of "off" guitar playing. The band was really rocking. I can even see myself on the 40 Licks DVD!

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: July 8, 2009 20:29

Ah what a great week it was!!! I went to all of the trilogy's with the exception of the LA shows!
But for me The Brixton 95 show was still the best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 20:30 by njlstones815.

Date: July 8, 2009 20:30

Lucky guy!

Date: July 8, 2009 21:48

Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: July 8, 2009 23:19

I also was a lucky one and saw all three shows during that very special week.
The Olympia was my first club show and I knew I was very lucky to score two tickets for my husband and me, after spending three days and nights in front of the pc.
My husband never was a fan of the Stones but the Olympia changed his attitude and he now calls himself a fan.
After the Olympia show I stood outside and tears (of joy) were running down my face.
Yes, it was a fantastic week in Paris.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 8, 2009 23:30

GREAT, GREAT week! It started for me on the Monday driving from the Loire Valley to Paris. Arriving at the Four Seasons George V just in time to stand outside and see Keith leave for the Bercy show. While standing outside the hotel, I saw 2 friends who were staying there so was allowed past the doorman. Standing in the lobby making plans for the show when who walks by about 10 feet from us but Mick on his way out the door. Friend yells "hey Mick" and he gives us a smile and a little wave! I enjoyed both Bercy and Stade de France shows plus the Some Girls Bar where I saw many old friends and met lots of new ones. Very stressed as I had no ticket for the Olympia show. Scrambled the day before the show to get a ticket and tried everything but no luck. Phone rings while still in bed the morning of the show and a friend says get over to the Four Seasons, I can get you a ticket. Miracle happened and we got 2 tickets, one for my wife. Had a chanpagne toast before the show and then off we go. Hot, hot night but greatest show I have ever seen. After the show we take the Metro back to the George V and see Ronnie leave for the after-party. Head out for a late dinner and on the way home we see a crowd outside a club. Look upwards to a window about 2 or 3 stories from the street and can see people dancing. Sure enough, who do we see but Mick walking with his sports coat swung over his shoulder. What a week! Next morning say goodbey to our friends and off to Charles DeGaule to fly home.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 8, 2009 23:35

THESE are great memories. Thanks for sharing.

Date: July 9, 2009 00:02

Great pics, Rik! Remember you shouting at
Chuck in front of George V! You shook hands with him
and said he was the best keyboard player in the world! haha!

What is Thijs (a.k.a. Mick) doing these days?

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: July 9, 2009 00:04

Great to see the pics from Rik!
I have onlu seen the Bercy gig and the Stones did a great show and the day was hot, hot!!

Date: July 9, 2009 00:06

In 2002, when the presale for the Stones European clubshows were about to
start, I slept next to my running pc at night.
Outlook Express was checking the mail
every minute for the incoming confirmation that the presale would start.

I was trying to be online for days in a row, waiting for the Paris
Olympia presale. They were great threads here on iorr (deleted now)
with all the waiting freaks here (blutsvente, salar, bruce.h.kramer...)
hitting the refresh button again and again and again and again and...

Finally I got my Olympia tickets on December 6th, being online right
at the moment when the GET TICKETS button appeared. After 3 minutes
the presale was over.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1254
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home