Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: I need an advice for London.
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 26, 2009 12:41

Hi JKF,

Try the Premier Inn, in the old County Hall building on the South Bank. It is right on the Thames, adjacent to the Millennium Wheel, South Bank Centre, IMAX and Waterloo train station and you can walk across the bridge into Covent Garden.

It is probably as cheap as you will get for a good budget hotel in central London.

Date: June 26, 2009 12:50

Father Ted
Hi JKF,

Try the Premier Inn, in the old County Hall building on the South Bank. It is right on the Thames, adjacent to the Millennium Wheel, South Bank Centre, IMAX and Waterloo train station and you can walk across the bridge into Covent Garden.

It is probably as cheap as you will get for a good budget hotel in central London.

Amazingly, even that hotel is £117.00 per night at that time - such is the cost of London hotel accommodation.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 26, 2009 12:54

Good grief they have put their rates up. It used to be about £80.

Personally, I'd consider staying somwhere like Putney or Ealing, saving a bit of cash on accommodation and getting the train/tube into town. You will get fleeced if you stay in central London.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 26, 2009 13:15

I had very good experiences on both of my London visits with this hotel: [www.queensparkhotel.com]

All rooms are "en suite" and the hotel is within walking distance of two underground stations, Whiteleys shopping centre, restaurants, a pharmacy and Kensington Gardens / Hyde Park.
Looks like double rooms in October are going for sixty pounds right now.

Date: June 26, 2009 22:27

Check out the Premier Travel Inns.

Yes they are a chain but they are contemporary, clean and reasonably priced.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home