Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Movie about Uschi Obermaier (with Jagger/ Richards)
Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 24, 2009 16:54

Anybody seen this movie:

[www.imdb.com]

[www.garagetv.be]

With Mick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-24 16:56 by slasausjes.

Re: Movie about Uschi Obermaier (with Jagger/ Richards)
Date: June 24, 2009 17:02

Date: June 24, 2009 17:04

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 24, 2009 17:07

Mick & Keith in the movie :

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 24, 2009 20:26

The first picture was exciting, as I have a very slow connection on my work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 00:04 by NICOS.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 24, 2009 21:22

slasausjes
Anybody seen this movie:

[www.imdb.com]

[www.garagetv.be]

With Mick

nice photos .thank you !!!

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 24, 2009 21:49

So Uschi Obermaier is an "icon"? I thought she was just another groupie shagging Mick...

Posted by: django ()
Date: June 24, 2009 23:34

She was with Keith on the TOTA. I think that was the last time she was in touch with the band. Beautiful girl and a true '60 legend here in Germany (... Kommune 1 and everything).

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 24, 2009 23:42

Well, she was not just another groupie.

She had her own living and was on magazin covers all around Europe.
Mick and Keith were hot for her.

I like that film. It's about that 60/70's feeling and also her encounters with the Stones in the early/mid 70's.

IMO those parts about Keith in particular are quite good! She was with Keith on parts of the 75 tour. The guy who plays Keith does it very good!
Last time they meet in the movie is in Mexico around the time of his wedding with Patti.
Again, I liked it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2009 00:14

WOW!!!! slasausjes ....Thought I was at IMAX....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 25, 2009 00:23

thanks slasausjes and django, great photos.

Date: June 25, 2009 00:46

"So Uschi Obermaier is an "icon"? I thought she was just another groupie shagging Mick..."

*Not mutually exclusive winking smiley

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 25, 2009 01:07

The lady at age 61 in 2007:

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 25, 2009 02:21

she's aged a wee tad better than keef winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2009 03:37

she's aged a wee tad better than keef

Maybe but she hasn't given the world the gifts that Keith has ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 25, 2009 04:10

i saw here on Foxtel last year

great film, she def lived a wild life
the Mick and Keef scenes were cool too.
it really gave you a 'glimpse' of the times
i recommend it
oh yer, and she is a babe !

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 25, 2009 10:15

I really like the picture you've posted django ! What a beautuful girl she was !

Model Obermaier Recalls Squats, Drugs, Flings With the Stones
By David Henry

Feb. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Almost four decades have passed since a photographer discovered Uschi Obermaier in a Munich street.

Now 60, the one-time pin-up girl chronicles her life and loves -- who included both Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and singer Mick Jagger -- in ``High Times: Mein wildes Leben'' (``High Times: My Wild Life''). Her entertaining book, published last month, is in fifth position on Spiegel magazine's non-fiction bestseller list. A feature film based on the autobiography, co- written with Olaf Kraemer, opened in German cinemas on Feb. 1.

Obermaier rose to prominence as a member of Kommune Eins, a group of political activists living together in the loft of a Berlin warehouse. With boyfriend Rainer Langhans, she became a symbol of the generation of 1968, a time of radical social upheaval and frequent run-ins with police. Obermaier confessed to having little interest in the polemical discussions of the day, preferring to pursue her own dreams.

``I wish today's young people would go where their heart is,'' she said in an interview during a book-promoting session at Berlin's KaDeWe department store, where she was besieged by autograph-hunting fans. ``It's not easy, but they will lead a happy life. I'm 60 and I know what I'm talking about. Believe in your dreams.''

The book captures the litany of excesses that became synonymous with Obermaier's generation. She portrays herself as the victim of a conservative Bavarian upbringing, emerging as a survivor of the lifestyles adopted by the men who surrounded her.

Squabbling Stones

Obermaier's sultry looks caught the eye of many rock stars, including Jimi Hendrix, with whom she had a short affair. Richards and Jagger squabbled over the German beauty after the Rolling Stones songwriters raced each other to her Munich apartment from a concert in Zurich in the early 1970s. Italian film director Carlo Ponti was so enchanted that he offered her a 10-year movie contract.

An affair with Richards ended as he slid further into drug addiction and reclusion in hotel rooms. ``It quickly became clear to me that the reason for his withdrawn existence was heroin,'' she said in the book. Although Obermaier also took drugs, she never became addicted, citing vanity as a reason.

She turned her back on modeling and the high life to roam the world with Dieter Bockhorn, a cafe owner in Hamburg's red-light district, a globetrotter and a heroin user.

On the Road

Using a converted bus, the couple spent the next 10 years on the road in Asia, the U.S. and Mexico. Bockhorn died in a motorcycle crash on New Year's Eve in 1983.

Obermaier is now a U.S. citizen and lives in the hills near Los Angeles, where she works as a jewelry designer.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 13, 2010 18:29

I watched this last night finally. I enjoyed it. The guy that played Keith overdid it quite a bit, but I guess he captured the essence of him.

The girl that played Uschi looked very much like her and is naked for at least 1/2 the film (for all you guys out there). They're both extremely beautiful women.

Really cool clothes - so jealous!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:02

CindyC
I watched this last night finally. I enjoyed it. The guy that played Keith overdid it quite a bit, but I guess he captured the essence of him.

The girl that played Uschi looked very much like her and is naked for at least 1/2 the film (for all you guys out there). They're both extremely beautiful women.

Really cool clothes - so jealous!
thank you for providing usefull information for us guys . now please tell me was this on cable hbo cinemax or showtime or one that you have to hunt down retail?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:02

CousinC
Well, she was not just another groupie.

She had her own living and was on magazin covers all around Europe.
Mick and Keith were hot for her.

Oh, so she was just another model/groupie,....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:12

The Greek
[thank you for providing usefull information for us guys . now please tell me was this on cable hbo cinemax or showtime or one that you have to hunt down retail?

you can watch it instantly on Netflix if you have an account.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:39

Yes, I watched this via Netflix last week and thankfully was able to just fast forward through much of it. I liked the guy that did Jagger, but the Keith actor was way over the top. The film gives one a sense of the times, but the acting was pretty lame. Nextflix is great for fast forwarding. Don't buy this movie though just because there is Stones content.

I am almost positive I saw Uschi at the Stones Circus Krone show in Munich a few years ago.

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: October 13, 2010 23:06

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 13, 2010 23:25

Uschi Obermaier is a very puzzling person. The film is not very helpful with that. I don't think she was lucky in the choice of men (which might include a heroin addict named Keith R too). If you are not German (as some posts up there proof) you can't get the full picture either. Sorry, for being unprecise but just some impressions to you.
To me she is a lot of "could-be" persons:
She could have been a film star as she starred in films done by people who founded something you might call the New German Film. That's the scenery Werner Herzog (director of Fitzcaraldo with Mick Jagger) emerged from.
She simply could have become a famous model.
She could have become the German Patty Hearst as she was in "pre-terrorist" circles.
She could have become some pop/rock stars wife.
In the end she chose somebody with a rather bad origin and drifted apart literally (to Latin America).
I don't what she's doing today (even what went on after the autobiography and film PR).
Only made some headlines as German Mick J impersonator (claiming never wanting to end as Mick J) of once immense popularity and importance Marius Müller-Westernhagen claimed to have lived for some days in the (in)famous Kommune 1 with Uschi running around naked all day after her then "husband" Rainer Langhans died recently.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:58

On her age, other info online including her myspace page lists her birthdate as 1946, making her 64.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:19

I still kinda like the film.
And I don't think the actors (Keith) overact much. After all Uschi was around them in those days and it's been her memories!

And - JJHMick - Rainer Langhans died?!?

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: October 14, 2010 09:53

Uschi looks very good for her age, but she admits, that some restauration has been done.
Her newn teeth are much better done than Keith's, I think.
In the 70's her partner Dieter Bockhorn run the famous "Cafe Adler" in Hamburg.
When I was 14, 15 years old, I used to hang around there a lot - it was a very fascinating scene there for a small-town-boy like me.
In the movie there is a part, that shows the "Cafe Adler", which was very funny for me to see.
It was drug-city there, which made it even more attractive for me then.
Sometimes Uschi and Dieter were sitting at the bar.
As Uschi was a famous model in Germany, I recognized her.
Then I thought, that she was very old ...well, she is 16 years older than me.
Now I am 48 and surely I would find her very attractive in her early 30s...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 14, 2010 10:49

Rockman
she's aged a wee tad better than keef

Maybe but she hasn't given the world the gifts that Keith has ....
Keith's ageing beautifully! I love his wrinkles, the warm expression in his eyes, the shy smile, his good heart and yes - his wonderfull gifts to the world.
And since I know a thing or two about facelifts and "eyejobs", I can tell from that photo of Uschi that she has had extensive work done to her eye brows, eyes and fore head. (No - I didn't take that treatment - but my friends did.)
THIS is an exceptionally great looking 66 year old man! (almost 67)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 10:51 by Addicted.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:14

CousinC
I still kinda like the film.
And I don't think the actors (Keith) overact much. After all Uschi was around them in those days and it's been her memories!

And - JJHMick - Rainer Langhans died?!?

Oh, I'm awfully sorrry, it was Fritz Teufel who died this year!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 17, 2010 19:28

>> THIS is an exceptionally great looking ... man! <<

Keith is indeed a wonderful looking man - he can't help it! -
but the shot you posted is from when he was an exceptionally great-looking 56-year-old
(i believe it's by Deborah Feingold, right? she took several beautiful shots of him in 2000)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 20:19 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home