Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR Quiz medium tricky questions
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 16, 2009 20:20

The IORR quiz questions used at the release party in Oslo on Sunday - see separate thread [www.iorr.org] - are listed here. Since I am busy and also a bit lazy, and have to translate everything from Norwegian, I will do the first 15 questions later. The following are the 5 medium tricky ones made to qualify the people who scored 14 out of 15 in rounde one:

I have the questions in Norwegian, but I will try to translate. The 5 ones used for the 2nd round are these ones:

A:
Where and when was Blondie Chaplin on a major stage (excluding clubs and theatres) live with the Stones for the first time?

B:
Who is on vocals on Memory Motel with the Stones?

C:
When and where did the Stones perform in front of their largest paying crowd ever, and what was the size of that crowd?

D:
Where are the songs Out of Control and Saint of Me on the live album No Security recorded?

E:
The date December 9, 1997 is very special for one of the Stones members. They were on stage in Atlanta USA that date. What is special regarding this date. And that is telling quite a bit regarding how the band is working... Details please.

I will keep this thread closed for 24 hours, so that people can work on their memory and try to figure out the right answers. Try doing this from out of your head and from logics and history.

Then I will post the other questions later.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 17:35 by bv.

Re: IORR Quiz medium tricky questions
Date: June 17, 2009 17:35

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS.
I WILL GIVE MORE FEEDBACK LATER TODAY.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:05

A: He joined the Stones on Bridges To Babylon tour .

B:Jagger Preston Wood

C:2 Millions Copacabana Beach ,Rio

D:
Where are the songs Out of Control and Saint of Me on the live album No Security recorded?

E:It was the birth of one of Mick's child , Gabriel but Mick didn't speak about it and made no annoucement. He said that Ron will teach the song " No expectations " if they don't know it. Something was wrong with the sound of Mick's microphone which wasnt open for " The Last Time. .."

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:13

A. Needed a specific place
E. Wasn't Rio a free show??

Date: June 17, 2009 18:15

VoodooLounge13
E. Wasn't Rio a free show??[/quote

Yes,you're absolutely right .
It means I 've read too quickly bv 's questions .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 18:21 by SwayStones.

Date: June 17, 2009 18:16

Read the questions carefully. I will not comment on the answers until more people have had the chance to give their comments. This is serious Stones history people!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:22

A Soldier Field Chicago 23.9.97
B Billy Preston & Ronnie Wood (who wasnt a Stone when it was recorded)
C Sarstock, Downsview Park, Toronto 30 July 2003. Total paying audience was something like 432,000
(I'm sure I could find it if I looked it up, but I wont)
D Buenos Aires 4th April 1998.
E Jerry Hall gave birth to Mick's son Gabriel a few hours before the show.

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:27

D:

They are both recorded in Buenos Aires, april 4, 1998

Date: June 17, 2009 18:27

bv
Read the questions carefully. I will not comment on the answers until more people have had the chance to give their comments. This is serious Stones history people!

I will .
May I ask you a question for the number C:
When and where did the Stones perform in front of their largest paying crowd ever, and what was the size of that crowd?

You didn't say if it was a Stones concert or a concert/festival where others artists played ?
If you answer yes to the last part ,I will answer the "SARSstock festival" on July 2003 :almost 1/2 of a million!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:28

Gazza
A Soldier Field Chicago 23.9.97
B Billy Preston & Ronnie Wood (who wasnt a Stone when it was recorded)
C Sarstock, Downsview Park, Toronto 30 July 2003. Total paying audience was something like 432,000
(I'm sure I could find it if I looked it up, but I wont)
D Buenos Aires 4th April 1998.
E Jerry Hall gave birth to Mick's son Gabriel a few hours before the show.

Dammit! I was leanin on the Sars show too!!

Date: June 17, 2009 18:36

SARS would have been their biggest paying audience by a mile (I think its the largest one day ticketed attendance of any show in history). Second was probably Knebworth - that would have been barely a third of that amount.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:49

Gary has the correct answerssmiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2009 18:51

Rik
Gary has the correct answerssmiling smiley
Who is Gary ,please ? I don't know the names of all the people on IORR....

Date: June 17, 2009 18:54

gazza, sorry

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 17, 2009 18:54

i don't think we should let gary play. it's kinda like jordan or tiger - they ruin the fun for everyone. gary should go listen to his bon jovi records instead...

Date: June 17, 2009 18:56

T&A
i don't think we should let gary play. it's kinda like jordan or tiger - they ruin the fun for everyone. gary should go listen to his bon jovi records instead...

good idea, we all know how he adores richie sambora, and dresses like himwinking smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 17, 2009 19:09

I ask for a "handicap point " 'cause I lost a lot of time to write the words in English .
That's why I posted my answer after Gazza's ones ,but I SWEAR I didn't see the answer concerning Starstock toronto .

May be this will help ?

And of course I am kidding ....this thread is a lot of fun for me,I like it !!

Date: June 17, 2009 19:10

Who is on vocals on Memory Motel? Every time they perform it. Should not be too hard. Just listen to the song...

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2009 19:22

bv
Who is on vocals on Memory Motel? Every time they perform it. Should not be too hard. Just listen to the song...
vocals or backvocals ??

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: June 17, 2009 19:23

Rik
T&A

good idea, we all know how he adores richie sambora, and dresses like himwinking smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Mind you, had it been a Bon Jovi quiz, Gaz would have answered in half the time!!grinning smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 17, 2009 19:28

nanker phelge
Rik
T&A

Mind you, had it been a Bon Jovi quiz, Gaz would have answered in half the time!!grinning smiley
he has what i believe is commonly known as Bon Jovi Joie De Vivre

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 20:14 by T&A.

Date: June 17, 2009 20:08

When I say vocals I mean loud and clear lead i.e. front vocals. Like Lisa and Mick on Gimme Shelter...

Bjornulf

Date: June 17, 2009 20:39

bv
When I say vocals I mean loud and clear lead i.e. front vocals. Like Lisa and Mick on Gimme Shelter...

Like Lisa and Mick on Gimme Shelter...
Sorry but I dont't know what "ie frontvocal " means

If you mean the voices which can be heard FIRST ,it's too much tricky .
I would say Jagger .

Date: June 17, 2009 23:35

Oh you mean lead vocals? Mick and Keith. Plus Dave Matthews on the No Security version. When you said 'with the Stones' I presumed you meant 'along with the Stones'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 23:36 by Gazza.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home