Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where is this from?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:06

Pardon my ignorance here but where oh where is this fantastic version of "Respectable" from?...and is there more from this fantastic sounding concert available??

Re: Where is this from?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:18

see Handsome Girls. it's also on bootleg "No Flash, No Gimmicks" - Fort Worth show.
I love the comment about band's energy smiling smiley

Date: June 11, 2009 11:35

Thanks for the help!! Always heard about the Handsome Girls set but assumed it was the same quality as "Out on Bail" so I never bothered looking into it. Surprised to read that it's in stereo! This is gonna be a good one...thanks again!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:54

Yeah, make sure you get handsome girls Justin, It's awesome!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:56

Woodstock Reharsals, Girls Pills & Powders and Handsome Girls are three definitive 1978 bootlegs. such a shame I've lost my copy of GP&P... have to find it.

Date: June 11, 2009 19:37

Wuudy

Definitely Wuudy! I'm downloading it tonight....

Is there any difference in sound with "Handsome Girls" and the newer version "No Flash, No Gimmicks?" Which is superior?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:40

Justin
Thanks for the help!! Always heard about the Handsome Girls set but assumed it was the same quality as "Out on Bail" so I never bothered looking into it. Surprised to read that it's in stereo! This is gonna be a good one...thanks again!
Better than Out On Bail (though Out On Bail is excellent)was mixed for the King Bisquit Flour Hour radio show broadcast....i remember taping it (prehistoric cassette era) off the radio...obviously one of the best Stones boots of all-time.....a must have

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:47

Rollin' Stoner
Justin
Better than Out On Bail (though Out On Bail is excellent)was mixed for the King Bisquit Flour Hour radio show broadcast....i remember taping it (prehistoric cassette era) off the radio...obviously one of the best Stones boots of all-time.....a must have

i think i still have my original cassettes around somewhere. such a bitch trying to figure out when to do a tape-flip and not miss anything important...a highly anxiety-provoking deal....

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:52

T&A
Rollin' Stoner
Justin

i think i still have my original cassettes around somewhere. such a bitch trying to figure out when to do a tape-flip and not miss anything important...a highly anxiety-provoking deal....
yeah...the 'ol tape-flip...lol....frustrating....and the 'ol 8-trk "change-channels in the middle of the song" dilema...the good old days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-11 19:54 by Rollin' Stoner.

Date: June 11, 2009 20:17

yapper
Where is this from? This is where this is from:

This
O.E. þis, neuter demonstrative pronoun and adj. (masc. þes, fem. þeos), probably from a North Sea Gmc. pronoun formed by combining the base *þa- (see that) with -s, which is probably identical with O.E. se "the" (representing here "a specific thing"), but it may be O.E. seo, imperative of see (v.) "to behold." Cf. O.S. these, O.N. þessi, Du. deze, O.Fris. this, O.H.G. deser, Ger. dieser. Once fully inflected, with 10 distinct forms (see table below); the oblique cases and other genders gradually fell away by 15c. The O.E. plural was þæs (nom. and acc.), which in Northern M.E. became thas, and in Midlands and Southern England became thos. The Southern form began to be used late 13c. as the plural of that (replacing M.E. tho, from O.E. þa) and acquired an -e (apparently from the influence of M.E. adj. plurals in -e; cf. alle from all, summe from sum "some"), emerging early 14c. as modern those. About 1175 thes (probably a variant of O.E. þæs) began to be used as the plural of this, and by 1200 it had taken the form these, the final -e acquired via the same mechanism that gave one to those.

I see your point. In that case: where is that from?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: June 14, 2009 18:57

Justin
Wuudy

Definitely Wuudy! I'm downloading it tonight....

Is there any difference in sound with "Handsome Girls" and the newer version "No Flash, No Gimmicks?" Which is superior?

I do think that "No Flash No Gimmicks" is superior in sound but it's only the Ft. Worth show whereas "Handsome Girls" has not only the Ft. Worth show but tracks from Houston, Detroit, Lexington, and Memphis spread over 4 discs, all in excellent soundboard quality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home