Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones tours regret missing
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 00:32

i couldve hopped in my '64 Mercury Comet, driven down to the L.A. Forum & scored some Stones tix for the L.A. Forum '75 shows....and definitely couldve seen an '81 so cal show in L.A. or San Diego....too young for the '72 L.A. Forum/Palladium shows as well as the '73 Nicaragua Benefit show at the Forum.....live & learn

Re: Stones tours regret missing
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 11, 2009 00:33

i could have made '78 and did not...what a loser am i...thank goodness for HG

Date: June 11, 2009 00:36

Beelyboy
i could have made '78 and did not...what a loser am i...thank goodness for HG
at least you didnt throw away your shoes on the '78 stage in Anaheim....amen to Handsome Girls!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:08

Seen 1 show with Brian Jones . I went with my sister and her boyfriend when I was a kid at Buffalo's Memorial Aud. I don't remeber much becasue I was 10. I remember Brian blonde hair. Been to every tour since 1969. Worst tours were 79 and 81. Best was anything from 1989 till now.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:11

Won tickets for one show in 1995 under my mother-in-law's-address. She realized the letter wasn't for her and didn't tell us until my wife and I visited her. When opening the letter the show was over - the day before...

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:14

Over the recent years I have always wished I'd gone to see a date on the No Security tour over in the States instead of waiting for the Wembley dates and also woulda liked to have been at Sarstock or the Germany dates with A/D supporting.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:19

Monkeytonkman
Over the recent years I have always wished I'd gone to see a date on the No Security tour over in the States instead of waiting for the Wembley dates and also woulda liked to have been at Sarstock or the Germany dates with A/D supporting.
For AC/DC look up various threads. My impression: great show with all warhorses but musicwise terribly boring. It's strange, I have only one Greatest Hits or a live album with the best known songs of this or that band or singer but after seeing AC/DC in Hockenheim I gave up to fill that gap in my collection. Gave them another chance on tv recently on some holiday. No. Press "record" on your old cassette player if you hear Highway to Hell on the radio.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:30

Sorry my friend, I dig Acca Dacca, off to see them play Wembley towards the end of the month and have seen them on previous tours. Saw Angus and Malcom come out on the Licks tour at Wembley, which I loved, but would have liked to have seen both bands play on the same stage on the same day.

DC never have had a greatest hits album either, nearest they've got was Who Made Who, which had newly recorded songs along with a selection of past album tracks.

Not for everyone, but freedom of choice brother!!

rock on.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:57

I missed the MSG 1969 show...the whole tour really but that show I should have been at. I was in high school and my parents were not thrilled with the Stones' image at that time. I can remember my favorite History teacher catching me showing the article about this tour in Rolling Stone Magazine to my buddy. I'll never forget his laughing face when he said , " Debra, would you like to share with the class what it is that you find so fascinating .....I'm sure it's not this week's lesson!". So I jumped up out of my seat and said, " Why yes, Mr Cirone! The Stones are playing MSG this weekend and I'm trying to get the OK so I can go!". The class erupted in laughter and even my teacher laughed! He was sweet and just said "Well, ok I hope you get to go. Now can we discuss History now!?" I said, " Sure we can!". It was a Stones moment!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:13

I missed '72 too young and '75 too stupid. Have seen '78 on.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:31

same here, philly 78 was my first and have seen every tour since

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:11

Rollin' Stoner
i couldve hopped in my '64 Mercury Comet, driven down to the L.A. Forum & scored some Stones tix for the L.A. Forum '75 shows....and definitely couldve seen an '81 so cal show in L.A. or San Diego....too young for the '72 L.A. Forum/Palladium shows as well as the '73 Nicaragua Benefit show at the Forum.....live & learn

driven down from where?

Date: June 11, 2009 03:12

1) a tour with Brian Jones;

2) a tour with Mick Taylor

dont get me wrong, I love Ronnie, just would also liked to have seen the previous incarnations too

plex

Date: June 11, 2009 03:14

timbernardis
Rollin' Stoner

driven down from where?
from the San Fernando Valley....about a 20-30 minute drive down the 405 freeway

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:49

Rollin' Stoner
timbernardis
Rollin' Stoner

driven down from where?

Hey, I grew up in the Valley. Woodland Hills. I saw the July 10 Forum show.
Where abouts did you live? OF course nowadays, from the valley to the LA Forum
is more like an 60-minute drive.

Date: June 11, 2009 03:59

tomk
Rollin' Stoner
timbernardis
Rollin' Stoner

driven down from where?

Hey, I grew up in the Valley. Woodland Hills. I saw the July 10 Forum show.
Where abouts did you live? OF course nowadays, from the valley to the LA Forum
is more like an 60-minute drive.
grew up in Canoga Park (which is becoming a gang-infested ghetto)...great that you got to see the July 10 show!...and you're not kidding, the traffic just keeps getting worse

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:59

The '75 Tour of the Americas was the fist tour that I was old enough, and within driving distance to see. I regret that one.

Seen every tour since '78.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:02

Boy do I regret missing the 1969 MSG show..but it wasn't really my fault. I was in the US Army. I remember being on guard duty one November night reflecting that at that very moment, my buds were at the Garden, stoned out of their minds, grooving on the Stones. I was feeling sorry for myself big time.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:33

Didn't miss the Tour but regret not crashing the '78 Myrtle Beach show.
We were at the beach after graduating high school and i should have tried to get tix outside the show.
Saw them in Greensboro the very next week, or maybe the week before.
Seen every US Tour since '75

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:53

Haven't missed a US tour since getting a driver's license in '81. Man, I can't imagine passing up a 70s tour! And shows were so cheap then ... what were y'all thinking?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:26

Rollin' Stoner

I was at the Nicaragua benefit show. I believe Cheech and Chong were one of the openers, and I think the Stones played Route 66 and Sweet Virginia, had a great time.

Date: June 11, 2009 11:06

Glam Descendant
Haven't missed a US tour since getting a driver's license in '81. Man, I can't imagine passing up a 70s tour! And shows were so cheap then ... what were y'all thinking?

as i recall, cow palace 75 tix were about 7.50 and i paid 25 for one, which was described as "paying up the nose" by a friend at that time. Glad i did not listen to him.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 15:47

I would have love to have seen Brian Jones but was too young. Would have loved to see 1972 tour but was still only 15. Have seen every tour since 1975 except 1978. !978 didn't come to Boston, should have made the trek to go out of state like I did in 1981 (Hartford).

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:16

when my slightly older friends went to the '72 Charlotte show, I wish I could have gone with them. I was 16.. it was only a 2 hr drive...but I didn't get to go, and now I can't really remember why... I'd sure like to have been at that one.

but, I haven't missed a tour since then, except '81.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: June 11, 2009 20:04

More Hot Rocks
Worst tours were 79 and 81. Best was anything from 1989 till now.

They didn't tour in '79.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 11, 2009 20:16

I missed the 72 tour in philly because i didn't have the cash for the ticket and train, etc...I did get to see the movie L&G the rolling stones movie when it was playing in the movies...Made me feel even worse for not going..

I did have the cash to see them in 1975 and on...A Geat ride but still miss not being able to see Mick Taylor in 1972...

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 11, 2009 21:49

I was on holiday with my parents in 65 (I think ) I was 12 or 13 at the time, my older brother said the Stones were on at the local cinema or theatre, it was in Yarmouth. I didn't want to go as I was a Beatles fan at the time, he loved the Stones but i just couldn't get excited, i just wish I could turn the clock back, dunno what I missed.

I didn't get into the Stones until Let it Bleed, then I was hooked BIG TIME.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:08

Bimmelzerbott
More Hot Rocks
Worst tours were 79 and 81. Best was anything from 1989 till now.

They didn't tour in '79.

Sorry my mistake. Maybe I'm just trying to forget about it.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: June 12, 2009 17:42

NYC '72. I lived in Hickvsville and the whole neighbourhood had tix. I was all of 13 and left on Sat. the 29th for Seattle and the band left for Europe. It was all the rage in the media.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 12, 2009 17:43

I regret missing the tours between '69 and '75 because I was not born until 1980...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home