Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Rambler from Brussels '73
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: June 11, 2009 06:26

could have been the definitive perfect stones live moment/song BUT is toooo fast, at least the start. Keef's adrenalin must a been pumping or (more likely) he just consumed an artificial stimulant. YCAGWYW from same gig is nearer to perfect spoilt only by the sax solo going way too long

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:30

Taylor Era
Where can one obtain the quad version? Now THAT I would like to hear.

me too !

I cant find it anywhere - I downloaded from the torrent off of demonoid for 3 fricken hours and I have no idea what was downloaded or where it went, cant fnd it anywhere ..

maybe if someone uploaded it here..

maybe Urban Steel?

p

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:30

Hey vancouver, do you have the audience of Dec. 14, 1981 because I've been looking for it for years and have never found it?

ain¨t got it ,,,

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:57

I downloaded it off of tapecity last night...then listened...@#$%&' awesome...

- all you can dl from there is the torrent file though.. correct? then you have to use Limewire or something to dl the file of the show.. I tried that and I would have to wait 2 days for it to dl

..there's gotta be a better way

YCAGWYW from same gig is nearer to perfect spoilt only by the sax solo going way too long

..at first listen, yeah, maybe... but man, underneath that sax solo there is some pretty incredible rhythm riffing from Keith - and then at about 6:40 - 6:45 Mick Taylor joins in on rhythm too.. and the two of them together lay down one hell of a funky line.. I mean this is the type of stuff, even though it is under the solo, that completely elevated the Stones at that time as a live band above their peers .. crank 'er up

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:19

^^It took me all of 2 hours to download the torrent...

Date: June 13, 2009 23:14

"..at first listen, yeah, maybe... but man, underneath that sax solo there is some pretty incredible rhythm riffing from Keith - and then at about 6:40 - 6:45 Mick Taylor joins in on rhythm too.. and the two of them together lay down one hell of a funky line.. I mean this is the type of stuff, even though it is under the solo, that completely elevated the Stones at that time as a live band above their peers .. crank 'er up"

These kind of paragraphs are almost as good as the music itself. That is another beauty about those 72/73 shows: I can spend an entire gig concentrating on just Keith, just Taylor, Just Charlie, just Wyman. They were all completely alive and lit up. No performance from the individual guys was under 110 %. I guess they would have not been able to keep up with the rest of the band, had anyone slagged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-14 04:06 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home