Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Rambler from Brussels '73
Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: June 9, 2009 07:50

Taylor Era
Oh..and..what is this 'quad' version of Brussels? Is that different sounding? Better? Worse??

The quadraphonic Brussels is amazing! You need to download it immediately off Demonoid.com

Here's what the original poster of the torrent said:
"Here we have a classic bootleg from the King Biscuit series. After months of searching for a good copy that would actually decode the SQ I came across the Rattle Snake version of this great show!. As with the other 5 or 6 I found I did some preliminary work of a couple of songs and found that it did indeed decode into 4.0 SQ quad. In the rears you will hear lead guitar, horns, some keyboards and of course the crowd. The sounds from the rear are pretty distinct and the show now has a much bigger sound IMHO. This actually seems to be from an original copy of the show tapes and not a copy of a copy of a copy.

This has been released many times under many different titles but this is the first time I know of, or have found, that it is available in quad form.

It is presented here in Lossless DVDA as well as DTS and Dolby 4.0 so this will play in any DVD player. Total running time is approximately 68 minutes.

All art is included.

Hope you enjoy this show as much as I do and even more so now in surround.

Track list:
King Biscuit Intro
Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Dancing With Mr. D
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 9, 2009 10:35

Gazza
JMoisica
Just finished listening to this, after not having played it in a while. Really, is there any point in listening to anything else after this? Simply awesome. Keith's guitar is a monster, and you get the sense the entire song revolves around it. Taylor's leads are mind-boggling, and Jagger puts on a real vocal performance (and of course Charlie and Bill great as always). What a gem.

Nope.

Simply the greatest live performance of any song by any act in the history of popular music.

Exactly.

- Doxa

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:21

liddas
The Brussells Rambler is huge, but it is not in my top 10 list. Probably one of those amazing 78 Miss Yous or Imaginations, the Mocambo Around And Around, the 75 Horses, the 81 Beast of Burden, Devil and Star Star 75, 73 Heartbreaker, 69 JJF, 2006 Rambler ...

C

Now there is a true Rolling Stones fan. Great comment- someone other than myself that knows that the Stones had another second guitarist other than Mick Taylor.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:34

Anybody know the source for the quad mix? I have the reel to reel tapes, but dont have a quad reel player.

Thanks,

JR

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:37

yapper
liddas
The Brussells Rambler is huge, but it is not in my top 10 list. Probably one of those amazing 78 Miss Yous or Imaginations, the Mocambo Around And Around, the 75 Horses, the 81 Beast of Burden, Devil and Star Star 75, 73 Heartbreaker, 69 JJF, 2006 Rambler ...

C

Now there is a true Rolling Stones fan. Great comment- someone other than myself that knows that the Stones had another second guitarist other than Mick Taylor.

Yeah...Brian Jones!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:39

StonesFanatic
yapper
liddas

C

Yeah...Brian Jones!

You nailed it!thumbs up

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:53

May be one of the most amazing and powerful MR .A masterpiece.

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 9, 2009 15:58

Amsterdamned
StonesFanatic
yapper
liddas

C

Yeah...Brian Jones!

You nailed it!thumbs up

What about Blondie?

Date: June 9, 2009 16:00

Yes, untill I get kicked of here.I'am getting too old!winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 9, 2009 16:08

Amsterdamned

Yep - it makes one wonder if the CIA or FBI keeps tabs on this web site. cool smiley

Date: June 9, 2009 16:23

yapper
Amsterdamned
StonesFanatic
yapper
liddas

C

Yeah...Brian Jones!

You nailed it!thumbs up

What about Blondie?

Hahahaha! Can't forget him....

Date: June 9, 2009 16:26

Absolutely my favorite "Rambler" version. It's so good it almost hurts. Pure sex.

Date: June 9, 2009 16:30

Chris Fountain
Amsterdamned

Yep - it makes one wonder if the CIA or FBI keeps tabs on this web site. cool smiley

At least no Ron wood Tabs. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 9, 2009 16:33

Amsterdamned
Chris Fountain
Amsterdamned

At least no Ron wood Tabs. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LOL I guess at one time or another we have all mistakenly walked out on Tabs!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 9, 2009 17:28

The quadraphonic Brussels is amazing! You need to download it immediately off Demonoid.com

"Here we have a classic bootleg from the King Biscuit series. After months of searching for a good copy that would actually decode the SQ I came across the Rattle Snake version of this great show!. As with the other 5 or 6 I found I did some preliminary work of a couple of songs and found that it did indeed decode into 4.0 SQ quad. In the rears you will hear lead guitar, horns, some keyboards and of course the crowd. The sounds from the rear are pretty distinct and the show now has a much bigger sound IMHO. This actually seems to be from an original copy of the show tapes and not a copy of a copy of a copy.

This has been released many times under many different titles but this is the first time I know of, or have found, that it is available in quad form.

It is presented here in Lossless DVDA as well as DTS and Dolby 4.0 so this will play in any DVD player. Total running time is approximately 68 minutes.

All art is included.

Track list:
King Biscuit Intro
Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Dancing With Mr. D
Angie
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man"

why not here (upload?)

Date: June 9, 2009 17:30

No kidding, upload it here, would be easier!!

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:43

All art is included.

Track list:
King Biscuit Intro
Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Dancing With Mr. D
Angie
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man"

why not here (upload?)

- yeah, everywhere I can find it you need to register and have a password and all that crap

can we get it here?

the blurb above says 'will play in any DVD player'. wtf does that mean? My car hasnt got a DVD player..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-09 20:35 by Taylor Era.

Date: June 9, 2009 20:31

Please upload here....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 9, 2009 21:10

Gazza
JMoisica
Just finished listening to this, after not having played it in a while. Really, is there any point in listening to anything else after this? Simply awesome. Keith's guitar is a monster, and you get the sense the entire song revolves around it. Taylor's leads are mind-boggling, and Jagger puts on a real vocal performance (and of course Charlie and Bill great as always). What a gem.

Nope.

Simply the greatest live performance of any song by any act in the history of popular music.

Gazza you stole my line!

Mathijs

Date: June 9, 2009 21:16

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Please upload here....

[concerts.wolfgangsvault.com]

Hopefully, this is the same concert. A simple fee free registration is required.

Date: June 9, 2009 21:28

Chris Fountain
Who's Driving Your Plane?
Please upload here....

[concerts.wolfgangsvault.com]

Hopefully, this is the same concert. A simple fee free registration is required.

..not sure that is the quad version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-09 21:28 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 9, 2009 21:31

-----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-09 21:36 by ryanpow.

Date: June 9, 2009 21:32

I am downloading the torrent of the Quad version tonight when I get home...found it on tapecity...

Date: June 9, 2009 22:02

cool, thanks! until the other day I never even knew there was a 'quad' version of this!

Date: June 9, 2009 22:03

i guess there was a quad version of this on vinyl in the 70's ?

Date: June 9, 2009 22:08

I guess there was a quad version of this on vinyl in the 70's ?

maybe, or it was decoded into quad more recently ??

the quad version contains ADTL and Wolfgang's doesnt, that's why I thought perhaps Wolfgangs version wasnt the quad one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-09 22:09 by Taylor Era.

Date: June 9, 2009 22:09

No offense, but what exactly does "quad" mean? Is it a more definitive sound of the concert itself?

Date: June 9, 2009 22:12

No offense, but what exactly does "quad" mean? Is it a more definitive sound of the concert itself?

- dunno, other than what akagameboy said above; quadraphonic, I guess

This is a true 4.0 QUAD mix of the great Brussels concert. It was decoded from the original King Biscuit Flower Hour SQ encoded FM broadcast. My guess is that it is sourced from a Pre-FM reel.

Here we have a classic bootleg from the King Biscuit series. After months of searching for a good copy that would actually decode the SQ I came across the Rattle Snake version of this great show!. As with the other 5 or 6 I found I did some preliminary work of a couple of songs and found that it did indeed decode into 4.0 SQ quad. In the rears you will hear lead guitar, horns, some keyboards and of course the crowd. The sounds from the rear are pretty distinct and the show now has a much bigger sound IMHO. This actually seems to be from an original copy of the show tapes and not a copy of a copy of a copy.

All art is included.

- we'll see, I guess

Date: June 9, 2009 22:18

it would be be fun to mix audience recording with soundboards ,

to make 5.1 sound ,of it ,

the audience recording on the gear speakers,

Date: June 9, 2009 22:47

it would be be fun to mix audience recording with soundboards ,

to make 5.1 sound ,of it ,

the audience recording on the g(r)ear speakers,

- yep it would

of course though I have absolutely no idea how to do it

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home