Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Reality not Rumors
Posted by: joejagger ()
Date: May 31, 2009 22:36

Odds of a new album and not just remastered old ones I would say are 50/50 because of new record deal but as for a world tour, can't see it happening. I think the Stones hit their age threshold last tour(they were still great) and Keith doesn't have that drive and fire in his playing as in past. He misses cues and looks tired. Charlie can still play but world tour would be too tough on him(closing in on 70). Mick needs to be able to move like in past to get the fans going and I don't think he could do it except for small number of dates.
I have seen these guys over 25 times starting in '76; '06 was fantastic and I can enjoy memories of Bang tour(Missoula, MT was ultimate pinnacle for me). With the Bigger Bang tour the largest grossing tour of all time, that is a great way to go out.

Re: Reality not Rumors
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 31, 2009 22:48

joejagger
With the Bigger Bang tour the largest grossing tour of all time,

there are a couple of ways one can read that

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:14

Sounds close to my thoughts on the tour and album rumors. Maybe time isn't on thier side anymore. I dont think that they need to tour again to make money, the economy in my opinion isn't going to take off and drastically improve any time soon. I can see it being basically the same through 2010. The nightly news of new economic woes and persistent old economic woes makes me feel this way. A tour in 2010 may actually be the worst time to tour. A new album possibly but they don't have to tour because they release a new album. My thinking is the longer they wait there will be less chance that they will tour. They can probably walk away from all of it and not feel any remorse. They seem to be kicked back enjoying the fruits of many years in the business and it is well deserved.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:29

The deal Charlie made was that the ABB tour would be the last world tour. They may play individual dates here and there, but I think that's doubtful too. A thing about the Stones is that when they hit a groove, they're great, but when they don't they're awful, and it takes a lot of rehearsing for them to hit that groove, ergo it would be more trouble than it's worth to sharpen up in rehearsal for just a few dates.

In other words, it's over.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:40

Return of The Stones is imminent! They don't know how to stop, even said it in a song.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:41

I don't think Mick's given up on performing but I'm not so sure he wants to do it with Keith any more. I think it's over too, but I hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:44

Utter bollocks!!! They will be tourin' several more times!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:48

Good to know!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:53

Yeah, relax.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:53

joejagger
Mick needs to be able to move like in past to get the fans going and I don't think he could do it except for small number of dates

This thread is a bait-and-switch. It's not reality, it's even worse - it's speculation.

I have to disagree with the above statement of Mick and his moves. Anyone I talk to (non-Stones fans included) is amazed and impressed with Mick's moves on stage. His voice appeared to give him a challenge on the last tour so if anything, I'd worry about that...but even that doesn't mean a small number of dates - just more time in between shows.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 31, 2009 23:59

From4tilLate
The deal Charlie made was that the ABB tour would be the last world tour .
That´s what some papers wrote, Charlie himself has never got on record saying this.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 1, 2009 00:00

speculation? on this site? well, ain't that a first!

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: June 1, 2009 00:03

The next 2 albums are coming out of the can - re-working of old materials. A new tour is dependent on Mick and Keith agreeing a venue size and a tour ethos, currently theyre diametrically opposed.

thats not speculation

OLDKR

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 1, 2009 00:03

Why is it so important to see the Stones come to an end???
Why not just enjoy the fact that they're still around!!!

All this "going out on a high " thing is total crap, who cares?
If you're alive why not live your life? Why care about the publics view of your legacy?

Once the Stones are dead and gone, are they really going to give a rats ass about the fact that they went out on a high?

You get great shows, average shows, and horrid shows (it's called being human beings and being 60+) But the day the Stones come to an end is going to be a very sad day for me and the longer they continue, the happier I will be.

Some people on this board sound like third rate Journalists (aren't they all?) rather than Stones fans!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 19:47 by vudicus.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 1, 2009 00:34

vudicus
Why is it so important to see the Stones come to an end???
Why not just enjoy the fact that they're still around!!!

All this "going out on a high " thing is total crap, who cares?
If you're alive why not live your life? Why care about the publics view of your legacy?

Once the Stones are dead and gone, are they really going to give a rats ass about the fact that they went out on a high?

Yeah, they're not as good as they used to be, blah blah blah.
You get great shows, average shows, and horrid shows (it's called being human beings and being 60+) But the day the Stones come to an end is going to be a very sad day for me and the longer they continue, the happier I will be.

Some people on this board sound like third rate Journalists (aren't they all?) rather than Stones fans!

You make some vaild points vudicus and I have to agree with you about the 3rd rate journalists statement for sure. I have no doubt whatsoever that they will tour again and I absolutely hope it is soon.

Mike

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 1, 2009 00:45

joejagger
I have seen these guys over 25 times starting in '76; '06 was fantastic and I can enjoy memories of Bang tour(Missoula, MT was ultimate pinnacle for me). With the Bigger Bang tour the largest grossing tour of all time, that is a great way to go out.

Oh please , re-consider! Don't put a Gun to your head!

It simply isn't ok to go out with a bigger bang - and besides, you're gonna miss the new Stones album and tour early 2010.

Date: June 1, 2009 01:06

oldkr
The next 2 albums are coming out of the can - re-working of old materials. A new tour is dependent on Mick and Keith agreeing a venue size and a tour ethos, currently theyre diametrically opposed.

ok, then they are speculating...but someone HAS to be speculating, dammit...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 1, 2009 01:21

oldkr
A new tour is dependent on Mick and Keith agreeing a venue size and a tour ethos, currently theyre diametrically opposed.

,,,and when it's resolved I wonder which of them will capitulate....eye rolling smiley

Date: June 1, 2009 01:23

Gazza
oldkr
A new tour is dependent on Mick and Keith agreeing a venue size and a tour ethos, currently theyre diametrically opposed.

,,,and when it's resolved I wonder which of them will capitulate....eye rolling smiley

i might

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 1, 2009 01:40

What one thinks and reality are night and day. No official word has been uttered about anything - so there is nothing - no end of the band, no last tour. But nothing has been said about a new record or a new tour. So if they never do anything again, it really doesn't matter now does it? Because we won't really know.

Saw the UMe GHS and it says ABKCO Music on the back cover for Angie.

Posted by: rollingmoose ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:19

They Love what they do,and very greedy, it not over unless Mic,Kieth or charlie get sick Ronnie can be replaced as long they can play its on,

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:20

I hope it's over and I hope I'm not wrong. They should have packed it in after the 81/82 tour. They are completely irrelevant nowadays, haven't had a hit record in two decades, and haven't been trendsetters in over three. They are nothing more than a corporation now, a business, and have been since the eighties.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:28

boogie69
I hope it's over and I hope I'm not wrong. They should have packed it in after the 81/82 tour. They are completely irrelevant nowadays, haven't had a hit record in two decades, and haven't been trendsetters in over three. They are nothing more than a corporation now, a business, and have been since the eighties.

Who cares about being relevant in this day and age? 99% of the music industry is bullshit these days anyway!
Who cares about having a hit record? What difference does that make?
Who cares about setting trends? No recent band can do what they do, so they don't need to!
so what if they're a corperate business, if that's what it takes to get them touring ALL OVER THE WORLD, so be it!
They still play LIVE MUSIC which is what it's all about!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-01 02:29 by vudicus.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:39

Trend setting? When did they ever set a trend? Give me an example. What, The Black Crowes?

Do you listen to the radio at all? You ever hear what kids are listening to these days? The 'trend' of each song lasts about a month at best - and then it's on to the next 'trend'. All the bullshit crap pop 'music' is pure disposable shit. The youth of - at least the United States - is doomed as far as quality of genuine music goes. There are still bands and solo artists that are relevant - because they are still doing what they do - U2, Metallica, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, a few others that I don't really care for but are still going. So I didn't mention The Rolling Stones - they're not doing anything right now, today, this year. But they're still around.

Relevance can be compared to meat in a grocery store - it's there and people buy it and enjoy it. Not everyone does. There you go. That's relevance and its place.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:42

vudicus
boogie69

Who cares about being relevant in this day and age? 99% of the music industry is bullshit these days anyway!
Who cares about setting trends? No recent band can do what they do, so they don't need to!
so what if they're a corperate business, if that's what it takes to get them touring ALL OVER THE WORLD, so be it!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Date: June 1, 2009 02:44

I'd give anything to hear them play a couple of Chuck Berry numbers just one more time!

Date: June 1, 2009 02:44

pgarof
vudicus
boogie69

Couldn't have said it better myself.

try anyway

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2009 02:47

Well considering that joejagger has just 1 post since 2004 and lists his real name as joe ban. I smelling a very large rat about this thread.

Date: June 1, 2009 02:54

boogie69

Are you actually a fan of the Stones?, of cause they should keep playing, no matter what is behind them , business or money the're still a great live band and they love playing.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 1, 2009 03:10

Will there be enough people in 2010 willing to pay to see the Rolling Stones on stage playing their hit songs? Probably;therefore, Mick will call Keith and Keith 'll agreed that yes,it's about the right time(myautobiographyiscomingoutthatyear) to do it again. That's the way it goes with the Rolling $tone$
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home