Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Main offender - album chat
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 3, 2009 00:04

handful of good songs - too many unfinished ones for me, though. haven't played the album in eons and prolly never will again.

talk is cheap is all i need of solo keith....

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 3, 2009 00:10

MO is a fine album. The songs are strong because this album translated very well on stage. The 93 Winos tour was excellent. I attended 3 shows and was very impressed with what Keith delivered. Ivan Neville was weaker on the 93 tour than on the Talk is Cheap tour, but otherwise the band was in great form. Lots of soul.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 5, 2009 14:42

"Eileen" is about the only track from this one that I still listen to.
Keith's solo albums pretty much showcase that Mick isn't the only one responsible for the funk band approach that Bobby D. was quoted about recently when referring to the Stones. Somehow, I'm not really into funk.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 5, 2009 22:27

I love Main Offender. My first big favourite was Hate It When You Leave. Later I discovered how great Demon is, and then later how great Yap Yap is.

I think Keith's solo albums are the best Stones records after the 70s. Keith records in a relaxed way show what he's got, while the band's records are more a "forced" effort.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 6, 2009 09:03

"I think Keith's solo albums are the best Stones records after the 70s"

I think TIC and WS are the best solos by a long shot although Goddess is excellent as well imo.

MO is just not up to the standard this talented guy has as a songwriter. I've given it a few more spins since starting this thread and I think I dislike it even more. Playing TIC and MO back to back is startling. One brilliant - the other sinfully lacking in effort.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 6, 2009 16:46

I actually find both albums, much as I like them, a bit dull to listen to all the way through. But Main Offender is much more interesting to me--besides the warmth of the band, it may be that keith's vocals are more relaxed and confident. On Talk Is Cheap, he sounds pretty buried sometimes, and as if he never quite worked out what the melody line was supposed to be. A track like "Struggle" IMO would sound better in Main Offender's style, more stripped down. As it is, the vocal sounds incomplete.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 6, 2009 16:55

Speaking of Struggle...The Stones should do this one in concert!! This song defines swagger!! (double click on video)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home