Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT A Creedence Clearwater Revival Appreciation Thread
Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 25, 2009 18:50

CCR was a fantastic band, one of the alltime greats

Los Lobos is another fantastic band and have been for over 25 years and they have more than earned the respect of fans and fellow musicians; saying they have been 'reduced to playing county fairs,' is an insult; Los Lobos plays festivals as well and they absolutely beat the living shit out of crappy gimmicky novelty acts like White Stripes or Jack White, that's for damn sure

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 25, 2009 18:57

Taylor Era
CCR was a fantastic band, one of the alltime greats

Los Lobos is another fantastic band and have been for over 25 years and they have more than earned the respect of fans and fellow musicians; saying they have been 'reduced to playing county fairs,' is an insult; Los Lobos plays festivals as well and they absolutely beat the living shit out of crappy gimmicky novelty acts like White Stripes or Jack White, that's for damn sure

no disrespect to white, but i agree with your synopsis....lobos are a national treasure....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 25, 2009 19:22

I don't dislike Los Lobos at all. A good band indeed.And yes,their is an occasional decent act that plays county fairs. I've been known to see an act at a fair once or twice myself. BUT,back to my original point. You wont see John Fogerty playing a conty fair anytime soon. CC revisted would have a hard time filling a telephone booth.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 25, 2009 19:24

lobos are a national treasure....

- - - absolutely they are.. even to this Canadian

I heard their first record playing in a record store in I think around 1984 and asked what it was and bought it on the spot, and have bought everything they have done since. Now there is a band that qualifies as innovative.

caught Los Lobos on Tragically Hip's 'Another Road Side Attraction' tour in 1997.. Wilco was also onthat tour ..and it was an absolutely unforgettable show

Los Lobos is one of those quality bands that is known and respected for their music, and not for it's 'personality,' what movie stars they're banging, who they got in a fight with in a bar, or for the clothes they wear

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-25 19:26 by Taylor Era.

Date: June 25, 2009 19:29

sweetcharmedlife
BUT,back to my original point. You wont see John Fogerty playing a conty fair anytime soon. CC revisted would have a hard time filling a telephone booth.

fogerty has played many a county fair in recent years...ignorance is sure blissful, eh?

Date: June 25, 2009 19:32

T&A
sweetcharmedlife
BUT,back to my original point. You wont see John Fogerty playing a conty fair anytime soon. CC revisted would have a hard time filling a telephone booth.

fogerty has played many a county fair in recent years...ignorance is sure blissful, eh?

Doesn't hurt.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 25, 2009 19:33

Love CCR...so many great songs...

Date: June 25, 2009 20:01

what's wrong with playing county fairs, anyway??

just so long as you are not billed after the puppet show, I dont see any problem

Date: June 25, 2009 20:02

Taylor Era
what's wrong with playing county fairs, anyway??

just so long as you are not billed after the puppet show, I dont see any problem

this country was founded on county fairs....or maybe this county was founded on country fairs? either way - long live the county fair!

Date: June 25, 2009 20:14

Allright I concede. As long your not the opening act for the pig races.Nothing wrong with playing a county fair....Also,not a bad Joe Walsh song either. moody smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-25 20:36 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 25, 2009 20:23

one of the first 45s i bought....i remember tearing up to the store on my schwinn stingray bike and buying it for around 69 cents...a fair chunk of change for a little runt in those days..wore out the grooves....first heard it on the Real Don Steele's top 30 countdown show on KHJ radio in Los Angeles

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 25, 2009 21:05

Rollin' Stoner

one of the first 45s i bought....i remember tearing up to the store on my schwinn stingray bike and buying it for around 69 cents...a fair chunk of change for a little runt in those days..wore out the grooves....first heard it on the Real Don Steele's top 30 countdown show on KHJ radio in Los Angeles

That's the song that just came up on my iPod, followed by Effigy...Ramble Tamble is another underrated gem from CCR, among many...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 25, 2009 21:31

Saw Fogerty at The Tabernacle in Atlanta in 2004 - single best musical event I've ever witnessed!!!!!! We were at the front and it was LOUD and CLEAR. Excellent mix in the setlist.

Saw CCRevisited opening for The Beach Boys (no Wilsons to be found!) a year or two before. Had Elliot Easton of the Cars on guitar and the singer sounded like Fogerty. They sounded great. The rhythm section was on top of it, as usual. Alas, I felt like I was having an affair by watching them and refused to clap.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home