Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Mick Taylor would like to play in the studio with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: peterpan4656 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:01

On Swiss TV they just showed a concert of Mick Taylor and his Band which was recorded in Switzerland this March. The tv-programm that lasted more than an hour also included an interview with Mick Taylor in which he was asked if he would today like to be a member of the Rolling Stones as we know them. Mick Taylor answered: "An occasional member yes. An occasional member - especially in the studio." When asked if he still was in touch (with the Stones) Mick said that he kept in touch with Bill. When asked how he was spending his time nowadays Mick answered that his life mainly focused on music but that he was also working on a book (which he said he had started working on about ten years ago) and that ever since the early seventies he had enjoyed writing and that he had also made a lot of notes after several of the Rolling Stones concerts.

Re: Mick Taylor would like to play in the studio with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:08

Interesting, but I don't see it happening.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:11

GET OVER IT! AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! QUITE LIVING IN THE PAST! HE WAS THE ONE THAT LEFT! ( I'm hopeful and all for this-I was just getting outta the way all the
crap we have to listen to EVERYtime this subject is brought up LOL)

Edith Grove,this wasnt directed at you, I was just being a smarta-s!!
(I think I was posting same time you were HA HA)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-31 04:13 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:18

If he's hanging out with Bill, I think he's hanging out with the wrong person if he wants to record/perform with the Stones again.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:38

Well according to whoever they already have a new album in the can so it ain't gonna be this year.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:45

well mick jagger that is wont have it, another paycheck to write will make it a no go, maybe a guest on a song or 2 but even thats a long shot

Date: May 31, 2009 04:46

Yeahp, another Mick Taylor fantasy gone the way of the rest of them - a very unrealistic dream.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:49

oh he would, would he?

Date: May 31, 2009 04:53

uh, no

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 31, 2009 04:54

OK, Taylor on a new album means one more paycheck but a helluva publicity and better sales...so its well worth considering, Mick!

Not to speak of some interesting new music, but thats an aspect only fans like us care for these days.

Date: May 31, 2009 05:07

Nothing against it - I think it would be great. But it just ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 31, 2009 05:12

He'll play withe them when Heck Freezes over.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 31, 2009 05:18

Mick Taylor would like to play in the studio with the Rolling Stones

nuttin' wrong with that - me too, count me in, will ya !

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 07:04

i love the taylor era of the stones but that was 35 yrs ago . he walked out on them. woody had to work nearly 20 yrs to become an official member of the band taylor was a member the day he started.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 31, 2009 10:56

peterpan4656
On Swiss TV they just showed a concert of Mick Taylor and his Band which was recorded in Switzerland this March. The tv-programm that lasted more than an hour also included an interview with Mick Taylor

Is there anyone who's recorded this TV programme? Would be nice if they could upload it...or trade it...
Thanks a lot
CrazyMama

Posted by: peterpan4656 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 11:57

Hi Norbert ,
I did try to record the program on my sat-harddisc-receiver. I will check if the recording is okay. I have an idea of how to get the recording from the hard disc to a dvd but I do not know how to upload a full dvd. If you know how to do this and are willing to do it - so that everybody can then see the concert online - you can mail me your address and I will send you the dvd.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 31, 2009 12:09

"Taylor on a new album means one more paycheck but a helluva publicity and better sales..."
For the 15 y.o. people I see in the streets with a tongue T-shirt (aka the new Stones fans) Mick Taylor is a name they've never heard of.
The reformation wet dreams only titilates the HC fans that is us ;-)

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 31, 2009 12:18

Why not? Then at last something interesting happens in the Stones camp.

Date: May 31, 2009 12:42

dcba
"Taylor on a new album means one more paycheck but a helluva publicity and better sales..."
For the 15 y.o. people I see in the streets with a tongue T-shirt (aka the new Stones fans) Mick Taylor is a name they've never heard of.

Unfortunately, I dont see so many "15 y.o. people with a tongue T-shirt (aka the new Stones fans)" anymore, not in the streets, not anywhere else!

Date: May 31, 2009 12:43

mr edward
Why not? Then at last something interesting happens in the Stones camp.

Exactly.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2009 13:02

alimente
dcba

Unfortunately, I dont see so many "15 y.o. people with a tongue T-shirt (aka the new Stones fans)" anymore, not in the streets, not anywhere else!

Ive seen some 18 y.o. peole in a Volkswagen confused smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 31, 2009 13:26

What I don''t get is why nobody ever asks Mick or Keith in a interview if they would like to have or why don't they have Taylor as a guest on a song on a album or on stage.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 31, 2009 13:41

Is this the interview - quite interesting - it is in 6 parts:

In the interview you can see he is the musician, playing, jamming etc. - like this you barely see Keith. There is more style over Mick T.
Could imagine Charlie would love to play together with Mick T - the blues / jazzy style, a drumming style Chalie loves to play.

PS - he doen't seem to suffer in his life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2009 14:29

Wuudy
What I don''t get is why nobody ever asks Mick or Keith in a interview if they would like to have or why don't they have Taylor as a guest on a song on a album or on stage.

Mick & Keith are very reluctant towards such questions.
On Keith website someone asks him about a guitarsolo:"Was that you (Keith) or Mick Taylor"?
Keith responded very indirect , but he damn well knew it was Mick Taylor.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 31, 2009 16:39

I don't think there should be any negativity over Mick doing a little studio work with The Stones. Why not him, when others are allowed to join in or suggest music direction and things of that nature. Would be interesting in my opinion.

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: May 31, 2009 16:58

When "heck" freezes over?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 19:50

Taylor's an odd duck and says odd things, on stage and elsewhere, that he obviously has not thought through. Keith wanting to spend time in the studio with Taylor? Hard to imagine. And the guy with whom Taylor did have a rapport and made some fine music, Jagger, reportedly still holds a grudge. Besides, the band is rickety enough. I doubt if it wants to be knocked off its comfort zone, as dismal as it is.

Date: May 31, 2009 19:52

its just a money making machine now, nothing more to do with being creative

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 31, 2009 20:35

pmk251
Taylor's an odd duck and says odd things, on stage and elsewhere, that he obviously has not thought through. Keith wanting to spend time in the studio with Taylor? Hard to imagine. And the guy with whom Taylor did have a rapport and made some fine music, Jagger, reportedly still holds a grudge. Besides, the band is rickety enough. I doubt if it wants to be knocked off its comfort zone, as dismal as it is.

Well, musically MT is way better than KR and RW, both in playing guitar and knowing the blues.
MJ knows it and would love to have MT back in the band (musically), but he knows that would give huge problems with Keith. So MJ chooses KR, KR is an icon the band, Stones without KR is not existing - but to MJ musically challenge MT would be a dream to have back in the band, because MT overshines KR and RW musically tenfold over way more - that's baisc truth.
Just wonder why MT isn't voted amongst the 20 best guitarplayers in the world, he sure knows his music and how to play.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 31, 2009 22:05

it would have fit with the licks concept but now, they donĀ“t rally have guests ( i know there where a few: page, waits, jiminez, rollins...) but not so popular, just on the inner sleeve

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home