Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Faces..A Nod is....
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 25, 2009 02:31

I know this lp is on cd now. But is the sound on the cd remastered? Anyone know, as I want to get it.

Re: OT: Faces..A Nod is....
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 25, 2009 03:09

The version I have is the mid 1990s "Warner Archives" released remastered by the digiprep guys who really know their stuff.

It sounds really great, in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-25 03:11 by vudicus.

Posted by: morkos1 ()
Date: May 29, 2009 04:38

I find that the mixes on 5 Guys Walk Into a Bar are the best ones out there. Takes a lot of work reorganizing the songs by their original album and in correct track order, but if you want the best possible sound for 'A Nod...' I recommend this slightly manual method of going about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-29 04:39 by morkos1.

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: May 30, 2009 00:21

I heard a rumour on a Rod Stewart board that all Faces album should be close for release. Re mastered and all that.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 30, 2009 01:43

There was I believe some talk that The Faces catalog would be remastered, but I haven't seen anything yet. You could check on Mac's site macspages.com and see if there is more info.The box set mentioned above indeed sounds great. The "Good Boys..." compilation cd also sounds good. I always felt the original Lp was really well mixed. "A Nod..."mixed by Glyn Johns has a very warm feel to it. This comes through on the cd for the most part.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 30, 2009 02:35

Still in print and at a low ($12??) price for such things (limited edition gold disc) and RECOMMENDED: A Nod on the Audio Fidelity label (previously DCC), mastered by the great Steve Hoffman from original UK master. No bonus cuts, but by far best sounding edition ever...Warm, detailed, full, ambience intact.
I too am still waiting on those Rhino Faces upgrades...I did correspond with Audio Fidelity prez Marshall Bronstein about doing the gold disc Hoffman treatment for Ron Wood's 2 (now out of print) Warners albums - he expressed enthusiasm so if anyone else would like to see these titles, email Marshall at 'contact' on Audio Fidelity's website

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 30, 2009 02:55

BTW 18 mos or 2 yrs ago the actual unreleased bonus songs for the 4 studio albums - all unissued! no reruns from the box! - were announced; McLagan again co producing, which had me drooling awhile..."sorry we dont see the market at this time...Too bad, whole industry's suffering, Man"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 30, 2009 09:00

john r
Still in print and at a low ($12??) price for such things (limited edition gold disc) and RECOMMENDED: A Nod on the Audio Fidelity label (previously DCC), mastered by the great Steve Hoffman from original UK master. No bonus cuts, but by far best sounding edition ever...Warm, detailed, full, ambience intact.

Mac was in LA playing a couple gigs a few weeks ago, and he managed to make an appearance after the last one on Chris Carter's "Breakfast With The Beatles" Sunday morning radio show. Mac told some great stories and Chris played a nice selection of Mac/Faces songs, such as the studio version of "Jealous Guy" from the Faces box, and mentioned that the track from Nod that he played was from the Audio Fidelity version.

Mac had never heard that disc before that! Chris promised he'd send him a copy.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 30, 2009 10:37

Rhino remaster of Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse with bonus below was reported on sale in January, 2009 but adjourned.
[www.hmv.co.jp]
10 Miss Judy's Farm (BBC John Peel session)
11 Stay With Me (BBC John Peel session)
12 It's All Over Now (BBC John Peel session)
13 True Blue (Never Been A Millionaire) (live in Pocono PA)

It was reissued last December in Japan as limited SHM-CD. (no bonus and no remastered)
[www.hmv.co.jp]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home